Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

this could also go in the "trump cabinet" thread but my primary area of interest puts it in this one

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-justice-usattorneys/u-s-attorney-general-appoints-17-interim-top-prosecutors-idUSKBN1ES1X2

i know jeffy will be getting most attention for his war on pot today but a different big deal i think maybe has tried to be done as under the radar as possible relates to these appts., especially in key jurisdictions re: strategic trump-interest inc. the ny parallel investigations on trumpy stuff. 

i haven't done a dive on it yet, don't know how legit concerns of planned obstructions to mueller might be, but it appears the doj/jeffy stalled---as they've been accused of doing weeks ago by some judicial watchers---in making these appts for many months and then unleashed this flurry at the last possible hour before deadline as strategy to dodge extended scrutiny. maybe not. assuming slimy, malevolent, greedy, or just  generally ****ed up intent is usually a good way to go with this outfit imo. 

i figured such eventual moves would be made and that the ny boys would prepare best they could some contingency but i have little insight as to how such legal machinations might play out...curious as to what @Predicto  or PB or any other legal beagles who feel informed enough might have to say on this particular matter.

just as a passing note, just as i think a "wag the dog" event is still very much on the table as a "trump doing it for trump" move, i also certainly allow for a very possible scenario where the gopers decide to unify enough to block any power lessening action no matter what mueller or dems claim to have found. some of that particular speculative process hinges a lot on how pence---if unsullied by the investigation---would play his role if somehow there was serious threat of "unavoidable" impeachment or removal, of course.

i figure if mueller (or anyone else) reveals super ugly stuff  that's supported by evidence in too convincing a manner to be effectively rebuffed by standard propaganda techniques, and mikey is available, about 60% of the elected gopers would prefer him in there over don. i know most dems/lefties take that as little if any succor (i have zero use for pence), and i get that, but it could happen obviously.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I read that as PutinCOIN and thought Russia was making their own version of bitcoin. 

That's in the works...https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/j5vjj4/putin-russian-bitcoin-cryptoruble

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/technology/russia-venezuela-virtual-currencies.html

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I read that as PutinCOIN and thought Russia was making their own version of bitcoin. 

Your mind is cleaner than mine.  I  misread it as putang con and wondered how we were getting info about that type of conference on this board.

22 minutes ago, twa said:

From the Deep State coup of course. :)

From the Russia investigation, as he has said. That **** is guilty as sin, all that remains to be seen is if he can successfully be prosecuted. Very bad day for Trump. Love that he has to address the press on video from down the hall. Fn coward.

• Haha 1