Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I'm glad some of the recent posts make me feel a little better about the very substantive contribution I'm about to make, but to my ever-expanding list of supersmart female pundits I'm enamored of, I add Samantha Vynograd and Karoun Demijiran. Such intelligent and seemingly decent humans.

As I watch all these talking heads on all the major outlets, right or left, the ratio of reasonable and intelligent women to "not so much" women seems notably higher than the male equivalent, which simply aligns with the general reality imo. ^_^ I look hopefully forward to a much more woman-run globe.

• Like 4

jordan's one of the many (and while there are more r's on my list by far, there's still plenty of d's) congress vermin that i hope are rejected in 2018 and 2020

bubbly brain chemistry-driven ideological bents, consistent deliberate dishonesty, and self-serving avarice are cornerstones of his product and that of far too many of his fellows ("on many sides, on many sides"). :P

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”

Jeebus.  Thomas Barrack is often touted as one of Trump's oldest and dearest friends.

14 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Twitter is great atm.  Bannon turning on Trump, and Trump in turn turning on him, was always going to be a popcorn moment and boy has it delivered.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so ****ing sad.  We were on top of the free world at one point and had lots of warts and flaws but we were never a laughing stock or reality tv sideshow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I wouldn't doubt if Manafort is being put up to this in order to see what kind of traction it gets for future reference because I am sure there are going to be a lot more folks going down in the near future.

I can see that, but I don't think Manafort is being put up to anything.  I think Manafort's lawyers are throwing the proverbial hail mary, and I think it gains zero traction.  Manafort is going to prison.

That Op-Ed from the Fusion GPS guy is pretty harsh.  Even though we all think it's bad, I think there's a solid chance that this all turns out to be worse than we thought.  Of course, I expect it to take another year or so for Mueller to get there.  And I expect him to be fired once the sharks really start to circle.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I can see that, but I don't think Manafort is being put up to anything.  I think Manafort's lawyers are throwing the proverbial hail mary, and I think it gains zero traction.  Manafort is going to prison.

That Op-Ed from the Fusion GPS guy is pretty harsh.  Even though we all think it's bad, I think there's a solid chance that this all turns out to be worse than we thought.  Of course, I expect it to take another year or so for Mueller to get there.  And I expect him to be fired once the sharks really start to circle.  

Agreed. They are going to try everything they can until he can't pay his legal bills anymore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I wouldn't doubt if Manafort is being put up to this in order to see what kind of traction it gets for future reference because I am sure there are going to be a lot more folks going down in the near future.

you cant sue the prosecution, especially when you have been charged.

Anyway, my auntie got some things to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1