Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

9 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Actually, you originally said this

" Not in Manusky scheme. Hes going to be hitting gaps and disrupting the backfield. Not just taking up blocks for the Linebackers."

You implied that Barry did not do this, so everything was going to be different now.

When it was the exact same philosophy. So no, it's not what you said originally.

Huh? You implied Barry. I never mentioned Barry. I cant control your own assumptions. 

Silly to argue over though. I can't control how others think or comprehend. So, basically.. 

Leonnadis wont need to put on more weight because they wont be using him as a space eater. 

I think that was clear enough

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Eh...the way the FA RB market has shaped up, it would be very cheap. If he's all healed up I'd bring him in as a COP guy to compete with the perennially overrated (by fans) CT. Charles really doesn't have a lot of carries on his (admittedly torn up and injured) legs. It wouldn't be the worst thing, it's not like bringing in Larry Johnson all those years ago.

I've always thought the prevailing opinion on CT was that he was really fast and good in space, a third down back who might get a carry or two on first down here and there, and is often hurt. 

Is there a movement that CT can actually be a feature back?  Because that seems ludicrous.

I wouldn't really bother with Charles unless there were no other younger options, and I wouldn't do it until close to training camp.  But, I wouldn't be all that upset if they brought in a vet.  They need a professional RB.  They didn't have that last year.

On a related note, I'm really curious to see if Matt Jones actually makes the roster.  Unless I missed it, he's still on the team. Not sure if that lasts through training camp though

Just now, I Love The Skins said:

I don't know why some are surprised that we are not in on Jonathan Hankins. We were told by the media last week the money the Redskins saved by cutting RJF wasn't for Poe or Hankins  and it looks like they meant it.

This is why we stink on D. Last year the Giants spent over 200 mi on 3 guys on their D and they mauled us in that last game. Now we have a chance to get a good young run stopper and at the same time weaken the Giants and we sit on our hands. WTF. I read somewhere that if your team does not spend the max of their FA money then they are not being fair to their fans. We could get Hankins easy for 15 mil for 3 years and he would jump at it and still have money for Zach Brown. We would have had 2-3 more wins if we had those guys last year. I just don't get it.

10 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

We could get Hankins easy for 15 mil for 3 years and he would jump at it and still have money for Zach Brown. We would have had 2-3 more wins if we had those guys last year. I just don't get it.

If this is the case then we are ran by the dumbest people ever.  I just don't believe you can get him that cheap.  It will cost at least 8 mil a year for Hank and that's where we have a problem to many holes to fill with the money we had.  NYG had great talent already when they added those 3 players.  They already had Hank, JPP, Collins and other defenders.  We are not 3 players away, more like 8 players total for offense and defense.  Point is we really need to get better at drafting players!!!!!!  We have not drafted a defensive stud since ST.  Nobody that we have drafted is top 10 talent on defense at there position!!!!

I'm sure I'm in the majority here - just wanted to reiterate that I would be irate if we didn't sign Hankins if that's all the Giants are offering. If we refused to sign him for legitimately the same or a slightly larger offer than the two average guys we signed, it would just be comical and another sign that we are trending toward losing legitimacy and respect again. 

If we fail to improve or even keep the status quo on our defensive line AND fail to sign Cousins to a long term deal, this will be a complete fail of an offseason and I firmly would expect a subpar season next year. No matter how good Cousins is we can't be better than .500 IF we can even achieve that if our defense is letting no name backs average 5 ypc. 

Honestly how much would it cost for a player to choose playing for the redskins over another team?  Just think Logan signed with Chiefs for 7.9 mil, how much would it have cost for him to sign with us?  Do we have to over pay someone because of our team?  If you had equal playing time and money how many teams would players choose to play for above us?  I know we think that the FO isn't trying to get some of these players but I wonder some times if this is a problem!!!!

59 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

We could get Hankins easy for 15 mil for 3 years and he would jump at it.

No, He said  he wants 10 million a year that won't get it done..

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

Honestly how much would it cost for a player to choose playing for the redskins over another team?  Just think Logan signed with Chiefs for 7.9 mil, how much would it have cost for him to sign with us?  Do we have to over pay someone because of our team?  If you had equal playing time and money how many teams would players choose to play for above us?  I know we think that the FO isn't trying to get some of these players but I wonder some times if this is a problem!!!!

I think Bennie Logan wanted to pay for Andy Reid..

2 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I think Bennie Logan wanted to pay for Andy Reid..

This is my point he visited the Redskins and how much more would we have to pay him because of the Andy Reid connection?  If we offered 9-10 mil for 1 year I think he would have signed with us.  Sometimes I think because of who we are and how we're portrayed in the media that some players are like I need a couple mil more to play for ya'll

16 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

With Baker and company last year our D-line was complete garbage.  Im not sure why everyone is so upset that we lost Baker and RJF.  They were terrible.  Now we have new guys..... Could it really be worse?

I don't think anyone has a problem with losing Baker and RJF, it's just a matter of who we replaced them with

I'm not sure we really want to ask the question of can it really be worse, we may not like the answer to that question

Just now, dckey said:

If this is the case then we are ran by the dumbest people ever.  I just don't believe you can get him that cheap.  It will cost at least 8 mil a year for Hank and that's where we have a problem to many holes to fill with the money we had.  NYG had great talent already when they added those 3 players.  They already had Hank, JPP, Collins and other defenders.  We are not 3 players away, more like 8 players total for offense and defense.  Point is we really need to get better at drafting players!!!!!!  We have not drafted a defensive stud since ST.  Nobody that we have drafted is top 10 talent on defense at there position!!!!

The Giant D was as bad as ours the year before if I remember. They added 3 FA and a couple of rooks and poof, much better D. O.K. so up the offer and give him a signing bonus. If the Giants offered him 4 for 1 year and that is the best offer he had then 15 to 18 for 3 sounds pretty good to me. Is he going to go back to the Giants for 4 for 1 after a LTD offer of 15-18? Does anyone have a idea if he had any other offers? Teams can make a offer but if you do not sign then the offer is usually dropped. You are right that we are more than 3 players away but we did upgrade Safety and JG will be back I hope. 2 good guys in the draft and we can hang with the Giants I feel, that is with Hank and the MLB from the Bills.

Like I said earlier give Hankins a 1 year deal for $6m and sign him long term if he performs well. At the moment it looks like Hood is the starting NT , I like Hood a lot but not starting. The most annoying part is not giving Cousin's a LTD which with the money we save on this year's cap would pay for cap figure for both Hankins and Zack Brown this year.

HTTR 

1 hour ago, dckey said:

NYG was legitimately one of the worst defenses in NFL history in 2015.  They suddenly transformed into a top 2 defense last season.  Check the stats.

The main reason for that transformation was the addition of the 3 marquee players they signed in FA.  It helped everyone around them play better, from All-Pros like Collins to bums like K. Robinson.

2 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

With Baker and company last year our D-line was complete garbage.  Im not sure why everyone is so upset that we lost Baker and RJF.  They were terrible.  Now we have new guys..... Could it really be worse?

Because Baker was better than what we signed and he was a good piece of the puzzle. Nobody thought he was an answer.

RJF was not good and nobody cares about him.

Hood was a good piece at DE, but we play him at ST.

We have gotten worse.

Archived