Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

This really ought to be in its own thread. But, 

I can see how this can easily be a minefield, here. 

How do you distinguish between 

1)  "US governments are passing laws whose sole purpose is to infringe the constitutional rights of US citizens, for the sole purpose of protecting the economic interests of Israel."  And

2) "The Jews run the government."

8 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

**** Aipac. Good way to make sure a generation of voters see you as terrible.

Talk about proving the Congresswoman’s point. The reaction of the Dems is way over the top. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am calling Steny Hoyer's office this AM and voicing my displeasure. He is my representative and I can't stand by this. For those who disagree with this stuff, i hope you all do the same.

I sent a note to my Congressman on the issue. 

• Like 1

This is what I think. Could people say the backlash against Ilhan's comments were Islamophobic? Just as much as folks were saying her comments were anti-semitic (which she has accidently or intentionally stumbled into).

Raise your hand if you would think that a Muslim representative in Congress, would have an issue with the Israeli lobby to Congress -- or vice versa. The discussion and debate should be the point. Of course the Israeli lobby has an interest in ensuring that an American politician with a worldview and experience sympathetic to Arab-Muslim viewpoints (i.e. not 100 % sympathetic to Israel) comes under scrutiny and controversy and in fact they should be expected to politically attack her

The longstanding, neverending, complicated Israel-Palestine (Jewish-Muslim) conflict has bloody hands on both sides and many people have strong opinions on both sides. But of course this should bleed into American politics. Why again? Why can't we move into the 21st century?

A Muslim representative in the US Congress from Somalia naturally would be sympathetic to Palestine. That's really what this is about... and the Israeli American PAC is going go continue to watch her, pounce on her every word and politically attack her to ensure she is seen as an outlier/persona non grata.

I do find it funny that 23 GOP members would vote against the resolution that came to the floor, "This resolution came out of a fabricated attack on Omar!! It doesn't go far enough!!"