Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would imagine it hurt some of the families of those killed but I get what you're saying and agree.

Im being overly cold here to sell a point. I understand what she said will hurt peoples feelings and that matters. Its akin to saying that no children died in sandy hook when you really break it down. I dont know what she was trying to say, but it doesnt matter and she knew exactly what she was saying and if she didnt then shes an idiot. And shes not an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I also hate when the media focuses on some dumb **** that Trump says instead of more important things.   Like I have no clue what you're saying about the Texas book thing but I've heard plenty about how trump said "oranges" instead of "origins".

The school thing was years ago. We talked about it here briefly. I have no idea if its been fixed or not. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/opinion/how-texas-teaches-history.html

I cant say anything about the oranges thing other than you are right and i make it worse when i joke about it. In my defense though the President of the United states shouldn't have brain damage. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I disagree.  Minimizing an event like that is shameful.  Sometimes people need a visual reminder of the tragedy.

except she didn't minimize the event.

The video is available to view and the context is clear. Even on the NY Post story where they link what she said, her context is clear 

Meanwhile, she is a co-sponsor for a 9-11 Compensation Fund while the people in Congress who are calling her an insensitive monster are voting against that bill. (Dan Crenshaw being one of them)

At this point, Americans deserve what we get for our embrace of stupidity and Islamaphobia.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We need more than four words to figure out what’s going on. Some people did do something... 

unfortunately I can’t get past the pay wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/11/some-people-did-something-rep-omars-remarks-context/?utm_term=.fd022abc245f

Open in private mode and if that doesn't work open in private mode on a different browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Open in private mode and if that doesn't work open in private mode on a different browser.

For far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and, frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it. CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties. So you can’t just say that today someone is looking at me strange and that I am trying to make myself look pleasant. You have to say that this person is looking at me strange, I am not comfortable with it, and I am going to talk to them and ask them why. Because that is the right you have.”

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Nobody should be shocked by this. Do they really care about terrorism or do they care about using fear of terrorism to get what they want?

Remember after a while catching/killing Bin Laden wasn't as important to the Bush Admin. 

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

What video?

I dont have the service to pull it up but go to his twitter its on there

Its literally her talking with the twin towers burning down over and over afterwards. It doesnt get much worse than that 

Got it i think 

5mil views. 

Edited by Llevron

Well, you did just share it.... 5 million and 1 views. I don’t think what she said was smart but I don’t think her intentions were to minimize 9/11 either...  trump et all are using 9/11 for political gain, I think that is worse than acknowledging the worst terrorist attack in American history.

And even if she did, at some subconscious level I suppose every “group” tends to minimize all the ****ed up **** their “group” does/did because of shame.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

31 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

trump et all are using 9/11 for political gain, I think that is worse than acknowledging the worst terrorist attack in American history.

Reminds me of the heady days when W was the worst President in my lifetime. 

bilde.jpg

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well, you did just share it.... 5 million and 1 views. 

Whats your point? That i helped the president radicalize more white males because I shared one of his tweets on Extremeskins? There are alot of places you can shove that opinion lol

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Convince me with your math and I will be happy to admit you are right. 

Well with a sample size of one, 100 percent of the people who shared it shared it because they were outraged, so I have that going for me.  :cheers:

How did you find out about it? (I’m assuming another anti-trump Twitter user?)

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well with a sample size of one, 100 percent of the people who shared it shared it because they were outraged, so I have that going for me.  :cheers:

Oh so its just as stupid as I thought it was. Great. (Sample size of 1 of 1M that you used to assume most, brilliant, really) 

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

How did you find out about it? (I’m assuming another anti-trump Twitter user?)

Not that it matters or it would make your point any less idiotic than they normally are, but I found out by googeling "Donald Trump Twitter" like I usually do when I see hes been up to some madness. 

• Haha 1