Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

If only the Republicans had kept Trump out. 

Back room deals to annoint candidates are bad for democracy, though not everyone deserves to be a candidate and or should be allowed to become one (specifically if they have shown themselves to be crooks, racists, or dangerously insane) (not singling out anyone with this in mind other than Trump)

The Democratic party is not made up only of people to the far left though, and people on the left should be careful not to push the rest of the party away either.  People of various political positions need to try harder to understand each other instead of just trying to push their own vision of their party on everyone else.  

And of course older folks and politicians need to understand that things change and they have to change or adapt to new ideas and realities as well if they want to stay relevant.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

Commenting here about the now-ongoing efforts by McConnell to "nuclear" Trump's conveyor belt of confirmations by limiting debate to two hours per nominee.  (News is being posted in other threads, but I figure it ought to be here.)  

To start with, I'm admiring the unmitigated chutzpah of Skippy claiming that obstruction of nominees is an unprecedented act which the Democrats, and only the Democrats, have ever done in history.  

I'm also reading a reporter stressing that this rule change will only apply to federal district judges and low level bureaucracy appointees.  

And I'm going to invoke the McConnell rule (which states that, when one wants to do something and be dishonest about it, one should invent a rule which doesn't exist,  pick the name of somebody from the other side, and name the non-existent rule after him.)  And point out that this proposed rule change will apply to Supreme Court nominees.  (Under the McConnell rule which states that whenever the opposing side does something that applies to low level appointees, then I can come along later, make it apply to Supreme Court nominees, and claim with a straight face that the other side actually did it.)  

On 3/31/2019 at 3:04 PM, clietas said:

I live in that guy's district

I am going to work very hard to get him ousted next year in the primaries. 

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 2

Poor ol George McGovern. He and Carter were and still are in some ways the scapegoats of the party. Its why superdelegates were put in place. Also why Third Way politics became popular within the Democratic party. The results have been disastrous Republican policies for America. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is Fentanyl a China "thing"?  I thought it was a "American prescription drug" problem.  

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/chinese-fentanyl-is-fueling-the-us-opioid-crisis-drug-trade-tensions-escalate

And Theys involved in much much more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/weed-pot-vape-counterfit-unsafe-black-market-763619/amp/

Edited by clietas

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Dang.  I thought it was a problem with legal drugs being illegally used.  

So where do people get off blaming doctors and pharmaceutical companies for the problem?  

Pill mill states like Florida and West Virginia flood the market with cheap opiods as well. Big pharma seems able to do whatever they want in these states.

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Dang.  I thought it was a problem with legal drugs being illegally used.  

So where do people get off blaming doctors and pharmaceutical companies for the problem?  

I think you are confusing it with opiods

add

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/contributor/jeffrey-fudin/2018/10/separating-prescription-from-illicit-fentanyl

Edited by twa