Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Gonsalve is a dumbass

This coming from a guy who defines what @DogofWar1stated at the beginning of his post, ie protests should be out of sight out of mind and cause no inconvenience. In other words feel free to protest in the privacy of your own home with the shades drawn.

Republicans are so fond of saying “elections have consequence”....yup and so does legislating. If Congress will not hold these officials to account then the people will. Like Gonsalves said, these officials want only this to only play out in the safe confines of the talk shows. This is simple physics, every action has an equal an opposite reaction. So sorry..not sorry that they are being shamed for doing what you defend on here daily. 

11 minutes ago, twa said:

Gonsalve is a dumbass

Yes.  Yes he is.

But folks love following him on twitter and posting his dumbass thoughts and whipping each other into baby fits and frenzies.  So hes doing something right, the rest of us are out here working for a living.  Maybe we are the ones doing it wrong

Not only do elections have consequences, choices and actions have consequences. If you do shady ass **** that hurts people, you will get called out on it. You're life will be made uncomfortable, you will face rejection and hate. If you keep doing it, the discomfort will get worse, till eventually bloodshed.

That is what happens when you deal with takers, destroyers, or abusive people. They either keep taking from you till you have nothing left or you stop them. What's happening in our country and government is the same thing that happens in families and other relationships  with those kinds of people. Same pattern, same solution, just on a larger more complicated scale. 

And there are only three basic ways to get people to stop their behavior: you either get them to change, you contain or exile them from your life, or you destroy them.

For the people who have a problem with these assholes getting called out, welcome to the tough love portion of the process snowflake.

37 minutes ago, twa said:

Gonsalve is a dumbass

23 minutes ago, zoony said:

Yes.  Yes he is.

But folks love following him on twitter and posting his dumbass thoughts and whipping each other into baby fits and frenzies.  So hes doing something right, the rest of us are out here working for a living.  Maybe we are the ones doing it wrong

Important thing to remember:

The people he's talking about, that are so riled up they think this is appropriate, play for the team that doesn't (and didn't) bother to show up to vote.

"If liberals are so ****ing awesome how come they lose so god damned always?!"

(Because they can't find time to show up and vote)

In the short term I don't have a problem with Trump's henchmen being harassed because that's the least of what they deserve.

In the long term it's just another step in the wrong direction for a society that's struggled to go in the right direction for what seems like a very long time... People who can't win elections (for whatever reason) turning to other ways of trying to get their way, is not a good idea in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

The people he's talking about, that are so riled up they think this is appropriate, play for the team that doesn't (and didn't) bother to show up to vote.

In the short term I don't have a problem with Trump's henchmen being harassed because that's the least of what they deserve.

In the long term it's just another step in the wrong direction for a society that's struggled to go in the right direction for what seems like a very long time... People who can't win elections (for whatever reason) turning to other ways of trying to get their way, is not a good idea in my opinion.

Good point.  Its funny how they move from issue to issue to issue.  Attention spans of a nat.

I also think its great that private businesses are excercising their rights, Im all in favor

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

Look up the word disenfranchisement and then study its recent history in US politics and then get back to me.

41 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This coming from a guy who defines what @DogofWar1stated at the beginning of his post, ie protests should be out of sight out of mind and cause no inconvenience. In other words feel free to protest in the privacy of your own home with the shades drawn.

Republicans are so fond of saying “elections have consequence”....yup and so does legislating. If Congress will not hold these officials to account then the people will. Like Gonsalves said, these officials want only this to only play out in the safe confines of the talk shows. This is simple physics, every action has an equal an opposite reaction. So sorry..not sorry that they are being shamed for doing what you defend on here daily. 

Would you like to see every pro-choice candidate/official hounded in the same manner?

Or pick whatever issue.

you can things decently and in order or embrace anarchy

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Look up the word disenfranchisement and then study its recent history in US politics and then get back to me.

It's peculiar how they are selectively disenfranchised.

1 minute ago, twa said:

Would you like to see every pro-choice candidate/official hounded in the same manner?

They'll just pass laws that say you have to stand far away.

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

We seem to be doing well with turn-out this year.

Even though Hillary didn't excite people she still won the popular vote. So technically more turned out to vote for her than the other guy.

2 Terms of Obama, they don't lose always.

Emotionally speaking, people tend to vote when they're inspired and when they're angry. GOP keeps their base perpetually angry and fearful because they know this and also know anger is easier to create than inspiration. Plus, psychologically speaking GOP voters tend to be conformists, people who blindly follow others and pressure those around them to also fall in line. Dem's on the other hand are not conformists. but idealists who have been sheltered enough for the most part to not feel great motivation to vote as a duty. However, now that their ideals are being visibly and viscerally threatened, that motivation has changed.

Political participation is about more than just voting. It's about making your voice heard and that's what these people are doing.

How and why you do things matter and as long as the how and the why are healthy forms of rejection and repudiation, based on real inherent values I have no problem with it.

10 minutes ago, twa said:

Or pick whatever issue.

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/05/198433/abortion-clinics-2017-report-trespassing-obstruction-death-threats

Again the the how and why matter. This is how you're fellow pro-life people protest.

People aren't doing that to SHS or Nielsen or Miller/Goebbels.

5 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Emotionally speaking, people tend to vote when they're inspired and when they're angry.

No. Democrats tend to vote when they're inspired and when they're angry. 

(Even though when they don't show up their only excuse is disenfranchisement)

GOP tends to vote pretty much every election. There's exceptions, but there's a reason low overall turnout usually favors the GOP.

As for the popular vote - Congrats, too bad that's now the rules for the game. Though the liberals are definitely trying to change the rules. Where the votes mattered most, they didn't show up. Now they want to tell us all how much they care.

I hope they show up in 2018. It's a shame it took what has transpired from 2016 to 2018 for them to give a ****. Even more a shame that they'll quickly go back to not showing up again, when a normal administration resumes.

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah but they still win the popular vote.  Get out of here with that debunked bull****.  Why do Dems have to win not by 1 vote or 1% or 2% but by 4% or 5% in order to actually "win."

How about we go to straight popular vote and see how often the GOP wins the Presidency.  They'd have won precisely one election in the last 7 presidential elections.

47 minutes ago, twa said:

Gonsalve is a dumbass

Who is Gonsalve?

35 minutes ago, zoony said:

Yes.  Yes he is.

No the idea is that we shouldn't push protests into the corner because THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE WHO OPPRESS WANT.

Stephen Miller and Donald Trump aren't pushing their xenophobic and racist ideology because they haven't seen the right studies on immigrant economic impact.

They are actively suppressing those studies.

They are not good people doing bad things for good but misguided reasons.  They are bad people doing bad things for actively bad reasons.

They want protests shoved into a neat little corner because then they can ignore them.  If they can't ignore them, they must address them.  They are forced to confront their bad conduct that doesn't in any way follow the facts.

If no one protests, nothing will change.

Do people really think that the civil rights movement had no protests?  Or women's sufferage?  Alternatively, do people really think they'd have succeeded if the entrenched interests had been listened to and protests pushed to the edges?

Do people really think any instance of oppression ever would be curbed by reasoned arguments to those in authority doing the oppressing?

An object in motion in a frictionless environment will remain in motion unless and until an outside force acts upon it.  To Miller, Trump, and Sanders, these inhumane policies are as natural as breathing.  Not protesting creates a frictionless environment.

Silence is tacit assent.

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Yeah but they still win the popular vote.  Get out of here with that debunked bull****.  Why do Dems have to win not by 1 vote or 1% or 2% but by 4% or 5% in order to actually "win."

You're entirely too smart to come in here and play the "why doesn't the popular vote win" bull**** card.

Quit with the nonsense.

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm always unsure how some people here don't get splinters in their ass since all they do is fence sit.

Take a side, for better or worse. 

Ask your party members who couldn't generate enough electoral votes. Just sayin.

12 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Ask your party members who couldn't generate enough electoral votes. Just sayin.

Ask your party members who gerrymandered the **** out of our country, suppressed minority votes, and waged a multi-decade smear campaign against the democratic candidate. Just sayin.

I do enjoy people believing protests aren't part of the democratic process.

Almost as if those people do not support democracies. We already know @twa doesn't.

57 minutes ago, twa said:

Or pick whatever issue.

this literally happens at abortion clinics, and the liberal news conglomerate doesn't cover it and those doctors don't get people complaining on their behalf because they cannot provide a service. 

Shoot, I remember in the 90s when those terrorists fanatical very irate pro-lifers were bombing abortion clinics

1 hour ago, twa said:

Gonsalve is a dumbass

He may very well be. But he apparently has done a lot for HIV/AIDS research the last almost 30 years. He has also been HIV+ since 1995 but that hasn't kept him from from working (as an adjunct Professor) at Yale Law School and being a leading HIV/AIDS activist.

I personally don't envy this non-working bum's life.

33 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm always unsure how some people here don't get splinters in their ass since all they do is fence sit.

Take a side, for better or worse. 

So to you it impossible to see how these scums deserve to be harassed daily, but that it's probably not a good way to go democratically?

We tend to have one side push the line, only to have the other side do it because now it's OK. This is another push in a long line of pushes that doesn't exactly have a lot pulling the other way during that time. It's hard to imagine we've become more decent, more productive, and more respectful politically over the last 15 years.

The left likes to complain about disenfranchisement but the last 20 years show us they can vote, they just choose not to. They like to complain about gerrymandering, which I'm in agreement with them on, but that doesn't have **** to do with turnout.

If the left spent 1/10th the time voting that they did protesting after elections they wouldn't have to ****ing protest.

16 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

those doctors don't get people complaining. 

what are you talking about? there's been giant court cases about it.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

what are you talking about? there's been giant court cases about it.

What are you talking about? I am talking about having a media machine behind them.

Did they have that? No, their rights were criminally or civilly injured and they went to court. The Trumpsters will never do that because a) they have nothing to stand on 2) they probably expose themselves to laws they have broken on this matter.

30 minutes ago, tshile said:

You're entirely too smart to come in here and play the "why doesn't the popular vote win" bull**** card.

Quit with the nonsense.

And you're entirely too smart to come in here and play the "Dems don't vote" bull**** card.

Yet here we are.

Dems voted.

The distribution of votes was inefficient for the present system.  There are also other factors at work for the raw numbers (suppression).

I'm not asking why the popular vote doesn't win.  I'm pointing out that the constant drumbeat of "Dems didn't vote" doesn't match up with reality.

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

The left likes to complain about disenfranchisement but the last 20 years show us they can vote, they just choose not to. They like to complain about gerrymandering, which I'm in agreement with them on, but that doesn't have **** to do with turnout.

BS! You want to know the single best way to suppress voter turn-out? Show them that their vote won't matter.

That's what gerrymandering does.

Archived