Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Vikes at Redskins

TK

5 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

I want a Coach on D that has a killer instinct, not relying on luck. Just what I fundamentally believe is necessary to move beyond mediocrity. 

User Actions
  Follow
yAbWPf1d_bigger.jpgSkins 5-3-1@_ThatGuyWill

Skins are 3-0 against the top 5 defenses in the NFL too. Kirk is 4-0 against teams with a winning record also

Something something he's a game manager and was a 4th rounder and he will regress. 

Just now, kgor93 said:

I just don't understand why Fuller was allowed to stay on Diggs all game despite consistently getting beat. He just isn't fast enough. 

This is where having a young team comes into play. We all want that. Everyone does. But this is what you have to suffer through in order for that to occur.

You can't just pull a rookie as soon as he struggles. You hope he grows and learns within the game. At the same time, there's a balance and you don't want him to be the sole reason you lose a game.

Fortunately, we won. And, fortunately, we didn't keep him on Diggs the entire game. We moved Breeland inside at times after that first half, and held them to no points.

But if you're going to play your rookies and develop them, it's not going to be smooth sailing the entire way except in extremely rare instances.

I think it's fair to criticize Barry for not putting Breeland inside more often after maybe the second TD drive. But more than that? Tough for me to do regarding his coordination of Fuller.      

1 minute ago, kgor93 said:

Also have to give Joe Barry mad props for the call on the final play of the game. Zero blitz with 4 deep safeties. Love that play and the call. Run it all the time in Madden and have wondered why nobody runs it in real life, instead choosing to rush 3 and give the QB all day to throw. 

That was 4th and 17. So it was either make or break play... Was great to see him run the play though. 6 guys running, and 5 at the 1st down marker.

Btw I was pretty surprised at one stat shown during the game, in his full career, Sam Bradford only had 7 career winning drives as a whole. Which is roughly one or two a year... Not that impressive.

9 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

GoSkins, you're on point.  I am on record (I consider this "The Record") as having support for Barry.  The guy's made his mistakes, but Joe Barry is a good coach.

(I expect to get banned for this post)

Nobody has ever been banned here for posting any opinion within the rules.

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

This is where having a young team comes into play. We all want that. Everyone does. But this is what you have to suffer through in order for that to occur.

You can't just pull a rookie as soon as he struggles. You hope he grows and learns within the game. At the same time, there's a balance and you don't want him to be the sole reason you lose a game.

Fortunately, we won. And, fortunately, we didn't keep him on Diggs the entire game. We moved Breeland inside at times after that first half, and held them to no points.

But if you're going to play your rookies and develop them, it's not going to be smooth sailing the entire way except in extremely rare instances.

I think it's fair to criticize Barry for not putting Breeland inside more often after maybe the second TD drive. But more than that? Tough for me to do regarding his coordination of Fuller.      

It wasn't so much that Fuller was out of position as much that he just isn't fast enough to cover Diggs 1 on 1. He was getting beat on the slant, which is a man beater and exposes slower players. 

1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

Based on his history when hired, how he manages the games so far here in DC, I am on record saying the Redskins will never be an elite consistent team unless he changes his pattern of ending games. Good teams execute, you must dictate to them, not let them get an opportunity to win games, which they will do,. 

My friend, I admit that his style of Playcalling makes me nervous in the game's closing moments.  

But as things stand right now, the only team to beat him since Week 2 is a 1st Place team with a Quarterback having an MVP Season.  And we play the Packers next week!

This is a results-based League, & Barry's results are simply hard to argue with.

6 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

People, I've said it before on the record - The Redskins are a good club.  Guys, it can be stressful, but this team has proven that THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO WIN on Sundays.  

The Team has turned a corner; it's time to take notice.

Except for the two games previous to this where we let off the gas, let teams come back, and they won in the end because we didn't stop them at the end?

9 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Huge win, I felt like this week and next week were must win situations, if we beat GB next week we got a chance.

They are not just must-win games but should-win games since Minnesota and Green Bay are really struggling.  One down.  One to go.

5 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Based on his history when hired, how he manages the games so far here in DC, I am on record saying the Redskins will never be an elite consistent team unless he changes his pattern of ending games. Good teams execute, you must dictate to them, not let them get an opportunity to win games, which they will do,. 

He did change!!  Did you even watch the game? They played a little loose until they got to our 30. Then they tightened up. That last D call was awesome! He still needs a few more players which I see us getting next year.

You can continue like others to try and validate your preconceived ideas while the rest will enjoy the victories!

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That was 4th and 17. So it was either make or break play... Was great to see him run the play though. 6 guys running, and 5 at the 1st down marker.

Btw I was pretty surprised at one stat shown during the game, in his full career, Sam Bradford only had 7 career winning drives as a whole. Which is roughly one or two a year... Not that impressive.

lol he's had a bad streaks with injuries. He played well in Stl, but got killed behind that OL and was always injured. Plus playing on the early 2010's Rams teams will deflate your stats.

i actually like Bradford. IMO, he's a rich man's Alex Smith. 

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No, it just doesn't fit yours. Sorry, but the results speak for themselves. No one is saying the D is perfect. Not even close. Tired of the complainers talking down to those of us who see it differently. You have a predefined narrative and spend all your time trying to validate your narrative instead of looking at things objectively.

And please, leave the arrogance at the door. Just because you see it differently does not make you smarter. Right now it just makes you bitter and closed minded.

Complainer? Talking down? Predefined narrative? Not objective? Arrogant? Bitter? Close minded? Wow, that's a lot of buzz words in one post, good job.

You're making a lot of assumptions here based on the content of one seven word post directed at you. Maybe you're projecting. 

2 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

My friend, I admit that his style of Playcalling makes me nervous in the game's closing moments.  

But as things stand right now, the only team to beat him since Week 2 is a 1st Place team with a Quarterback having an MVP Season.  And we play the Packers next week!

This is a results-based League, & Barry's results are simply hard to argue with.

Hard to argue that Otis. I think when you play good teams you'll see his coaching style cost them. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I cant believe the Packer got blown out by the Titans today. I dont really know what to think about that. Either they have given up. Or they come out next pissed off and drop a 40 burger on us. 

Demarco Murray also threw a TD. THAT IS NOT A TYPO. The former Dallas RB threw a TD on a trick play. He also ran for 123 yards and Mariota threw 4 TD's. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant believe the Packer got blown out by the Titans today. I dont really know what to think about that. Either they have given up. Or they come out next pissed off and drop a 40 burger on us. 

Isn't that what people were saying about the Vikes before this game...lol

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Complainer? Talking down? Predefined narrative? Not objective? Arrogant? Bitter? Close minded? Wow, that's a lot of buzz words in one post, good job.

You're making a lot of assumptions here based on the content of one seven word post directed at you. Maybe you're projecting. 

It's one thing to say you disagree, but to say someone is lacking intelligence because they don't see it your way is arrogant as hell. Don't like my response, don't talk down to me.  We will get along fine.

Archived