Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Vikes at Redskins

TK

I haven't seen the official active vs. inactive list released yet but it sounds like it's for sure that DJax won't be playing today. I know he doesn't have huge numbers for us this year but he has been effective and has opened up defenses. Hopefully Keim is right and it will ironically open up the downfield passing game because guys that are less of deep threats will see more favorable coverage as opposed to DJax seeing coverage roll his way or being doubled. Not sure I totally buy that logic but here's to being optimistic!

• TK pinned this topic

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the Minnesota Vikings:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive: 

o   No. 2 QB Nate Sudfeld

o   No. 11 WR DeSean Jackson

o   No. 31 RB Matt Jones

o   No. 67 DL Jordan Hill

o   No. 68 T Blaine Clausell

o   No. 74 G Arie Kouandjio

o   No. 98 DE Matt Ioannidis

No. 14 Ryan Grant is expected to start in place of Jackson at wide receiver.

No. 32 Robert Kelley is expected to start in place of Jones at running back.

On Saturday, the Redskins activated No. 89 TE Derek Carrier from the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list and waived No. 35 CB Dashaun Phillips. Carrier (6-4, 248) is a 26-year-old fourth-year veteran out of Beloit College.

The Vikings declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 6 QB Taylor Heinicke

o   No. 11 WR Laquon Treadwell

o   No. 24 CB Captain Munnerlyn

o   No. 35 CB Marcus Sherels

o   No. 64 G Willie Beavers

o   No. 67 G Zac Kerin

o   No. 73 DT Sharrif Floyd

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So D-Jax has a rotater cuff that is going to keep him out at least 2 weeks, but Redskins "officials" claim the situation around it is "not good" so who knows when he plays again.  I am pretty sure he is not getting re-signed. 

Bingo I could have told ya that as soon as crowder took off

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Just hoping we go 2TE a lot today. Bad time for Paul to get hurt again, 3TE sets were yielding some interesting results 

Truth. That one was hard to take. I love Paul's attitude and desire and he was a damn good special teamer and a solid contributor on offense. Hopefully Carrier is healthy enough to offer something. He's active so we'll see. 

54 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Matt Jones inactive.....?  Is this injury related or he is officially dropped on the depth chart?

He doesn't play special Teams. So if he doesn't somehow improve and win back his starting role. It would be difficult to see him return. Brown gives you similar productions as  #3 RB and plays Special Teams

Archived