Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's up with these Breeland tweets?

GOSKINS_08

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

To add, he's a solid number ONE corner.  A very, very pleasant surprise who really stepped in without missing a beat when Hall went down for his first achilles.  He's a straight baller and I don't know what the hell happened this year or why he's letting the media get to him.

I think if Bree's arms are 1 inch longer, he is a solid No. 1 corner. He seems to be in the right position, going step for step with guys, does a good job of controlling his body and timing his jumps ... but he seems to be a fingertip away from making the play. He is hungry. He is young. He will only get better.  

18 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

He didn't play bad yesterday whatsoever. No idea where this is stemming from but if fans/medoa are calling him out for his performance yesterday than he's right to be pissed off. 

His name was only called for a penalty or two, so that's what people heard of him.  He also got destroyed by Antonio Brown, the first time he's ever just had one of THOSE games, and people are extrapolating it.

Plus people are asses and athletes are pretty sensitive, understandably so, when they lose.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

His name was only called for a penalty or two, so that's what people heard of him.  He also got destroyed by Antonio Brown, the first time he's ever just had one of THOSE games, and people are extrapolating it.

Plus people are asses and athletes are pretty sensitive, understandably so, when they lose.

He got called for 4 and two were 15 yard face masks, I did not think he played terrible but that's way too many penalties. Also the one hold cost us a fumble turnover that Norman produced.

I get him being butt hurt about the direct attacks, on this forum we speak freely and criticize although we have a few who like to police criticism which is so annoying.

When you tweet someone directly about their bad play I think you make it personal, doing it on this forum is different.  There are many things I have said that I would never say directly to a player because it would be rude and they would probably take it the wrong way and thats not my intention.  Its why players don't sit in on contract negotiations, they would never be able to forget the brutality of those negotiations and what is said about their value and play.

Breeland is still a good corner. He may have had his confidence shaken, but he's not "garbage" like some posters are saying. There's no shame in getting abused by Antonio Brown. He abuses everybody.

He just needs to keep working and get through a tough patch. That being said, he probably had a better game than face-smacking Norman yesterday.

1 hour ago, bankonhank said:

He got called for 4 and two were 15 yard face masks, I did not think he played terrible but that's way too many penalties. Also the one hold cost us a fumble turnover that Norman produced.

Wow, I thought it was only that hold, and I forgot that it cost the fumble.

He's just too much in his head.  I don't recognize this player.

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

Can I buy a vowel?

Good Lord didnt this man graduate from Clemson University?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he's doing it purposely to shorten his tweet so as to fit the 128 character limit, but yeah, it's annoying to read, lol. He should just make it a couple of tweets instead. 

But that's Twitter for ya. 

5 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

I get him being butt hurt about the direct attacks, on this forum we speak freely and criticize although we have a few who like to police criticism which is so annoying.

When you tweet someone directly about their bad play I think you make it personal, doing it on this forum is different.  There are many things I have said that I would never say directly to a player because it would be rude and they would probably take it the wrong way and thats not my intention.  Its why players don't sit in on contract negotiations, they would never be able to forget the brutality of those negotiations and what is said about their value and play.

This is why I hate the access that Twitter and social media have given fans. Fans shouldn't be able to blow up a player's phone calling them garbage directly after a loss. Venting or criticizing in a place like this is completely different. I wish there was more distance between the two, just out of respect. 

Then again, I have to also think, if you are weak enough to where that type of reaction bothers you this badly, probably should just ignore them or stay off social media 

Archived