Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

NewCliche21

3 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Are the Eagles this good?

Looks like a totally different team than last year's. What a difference sound coaching makes, and they are very, very well-coached. The league likes Pederson, too, so i'll be interesting to see how things continue to develop as the season goes on. Wentz looks like the real deal, too. The offense and defense both look pretty fierce.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

This defense is more opportunistic than good.  The turnovers they generated today were the difference in the game. They certainly weren't stopping the Giants overall.   This defense in 2016 is going to live or die on the turnover generating ability.

I wouldn't go that far. I think that we have a lot of youth on defense and the ones with the most talent are still earning their stripes. And I think Barry is not the best DC in terms of scheme, but Scot's definition of a "football player" seems to be somebody that has a lot of athletic ability allowing him to win a lot of one on one matchups and thereby making more plays. I think the turnovers and big plays are more of the stage 1 part of it. Hopefully, as these guys are coached up and learn to stay in their gaps and stuff, they can become all out ballers. 

Watching Wentz play makes me feel a little bad for the Browns... sure, they got a super haul, but if the rook keeps it up, boy will they have blown it. Mind you, a certain Redskins rookie QB looked like a first ballot HOFer his first year, but still... can't the Browns do anything right?

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I'm starting to think Gruden is a pathological liar. Does he ever own anything? There's always someone else who's responsible with him. 

But, if true, that speaks volumes too. What Head Coach let's players make the call? Is he really that sackless? 

OMG. 

He lied about the time on the clock when we left 3 points on the field right before the half.  

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Watching Wentz play makes me feel a little bad for the Browns... sure, they got a super haul, but if the rook keeps it up, boy will they have blown it. Mind you, a certain Redskins rookie QB looked like a first ballot HOFer his first year, but still... can't the Browns do anything right?

Griff and Wentz play different. Griff was predominantly a scrambler. Wentz is much more comfortable in the pocket. Still, it could come back to bite them. Glad we aren't in that position right now at least with Kirk. 

6 minutes ago, Travdaskin said:

Griff and Wentz play different. Griff was predominantly a scrambler. Wents is much more comfortable in the pocket. Still, it could come back to bite them. Glad we aren't in that position right now at least with Kirk. 

What, with wentz?. We are the result of that position and our result is on ir in Cleveland atm

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. They appear to be for real. Their defense is impressive. 

Pisses me off. Schwartz is the coach I've wanted since 2009.

Just now, carex said:

if Lauvao and Kory can't go I think they sign LeRib to back up.  They have a guy, Ronald Patrick, on the PS, but he's only been around a week.  I also think they may go with Williams at G and Ty at T

I like that move. Ty has looked excellent and the Brown's have nothing.

2 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

What, with wentz?. We The result of that position and our result is on ir in Cleveland atm

I meant with the second guessing the process of drafting Griff not with Wentz at all. Kirk has saved us from misery if only for a couple seasons. Most teams don't get saved from making catastrophic mistakes like we made. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

This defense is more opportunistic than good.  The turnovers they generated today were the difference in the game. They certainly weren't stopping the Giants overall.   This defense in 2016 is going to live or die on the turnover generating ability.

This is exactly the defense I was expecting this year, just didn't expect the weaknesses to be as bad as they were. 

I thought we were going to give up a lot of yards, especially on the ground, but I also thought it'd be negated somewhat by TFL's (via one-gapping penetration) and turnovers. 

Basically, a defense that can get gashed but is explosive with game changing plays. 

We saw some flashes of that today, especially after that horrid start... but it's been a massive disappointment thus far overall. Hopefully they can start turning it around, this was an excellent momentum shift of a game. Winning in NY is something we just don't do. 

1 minute ago, Travdaskin said:

I meant with the second guessing the process of drafting Griff not with Wentz at all. Kirk has saved us from misery if only for a couple seasons. Most teams don't get saved from making catastrophic mistakes like we made. 

We lost on the trade there is no save. Rob didn't win us a ring. We lost.

but **** wentz though. That dude sucks

4 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Hehe I meant on that 3rd down play with under 2 mins to go, not the whole drive.

So did I. 

The team had just run a drive which, at that point, had consisted of nine plays, seven of them Matt Jones runs.  Totaling 39 yards. 

And, we needed to eat the clock, and it was 3rd and 3. 

I've got no problem with us calling a run, there.  Maybe we shouldn't have called that particular run.  But I'm not really qualified to pass judgment on that. 

1 minute ago, Gizmo 3squire said:

I think it's time for Hall to call it quits tbh. Let some young stud get a shot at safety

I mean is it that hard to replace hall? Safety is like third stop in the wide receiver lifeline apparently.  There's gotta be millions of potential safeties out there

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

So did I. 

The team had just run a drive which, at that point, had consisted of nine plays, seven of them Matt Jones runs.  Totaling 39 yards. 

And, we needed to eat the clock, and it was 3rd and 3. 

I've got no problem with us calling a run, there.  Maybe we shouldn't have called that particular run.  But I'm not really qualified to pass judgment on that. 

I think we should've called whatever we thought gave us the best shot at picking up the 1st; there was WAY too much time left to be worried about chewing clock for that one play. I don't think you do that unless/until we pick up the 1st there. Now if the coaches thought the run gave us the best shot at reaching the sticks, I can respect that. But if they were primarily concerned with chewing clock, I think it was too early for that.

Archived