Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for a dose of reality

NattyBo

Really don't think think based on the Pittsburgh game you can say the Redskins can't run the ball.There were 12 Rushes total,including the 8 yard run by Cousins. They averaged a little  over 4 1/2 yards per. When the Steelers were dropping all of those guys back the Redskins should have pounded it more and forced Pittsburgh to play a  more conventional defense. Not saying it would help change the outcome but could have  made for a different game .

Dose of reality is this weekend.  As good as the Cowboy fans think their running game is, they are no where close to what the Steelers are even with Bell out, because simply defenses have to account for Ben, Brown and their deadly passing attack. 

So its simple if we get killed again in the running game and can't pass on that DL which doesn't have a single probowl player (the Steelers DL did) then the reality is we truly suck.

7 hours ago, kleese said:

Also might be exxagerating the importance of the outcome a bit. Everyone considered Minnesota pretty good last year right? Won the North, a botched FG away from beating Seattle in playoffs.... Well they opened on MNF last year too. Against the mighty 49ers. Got dominated. Lost 20-3. 

just in case some of you dummies missed this... :)

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Here's a fun question. If you were the Cowboys running back, how many yards could you get this weekend?  

I I bet I could get 30. And only then because of injury

I think I could get 36, but mostly because I would check in for you on third-and-long to run the draw play that always results in easy, garbage yards.  

On 9/15/2016 at 9:59 AM, Tarpon75 said:

Really don't think think based on the Pittsburgh game you can say the Redskins can't run the ball.There were 12 Rushes total,including the 8 yard run by Cousins. They averaged a little  over 4 1/2 yards per. When the Steelers were dropping all of those guys back the Redskins should have pounded it more and forced Pittsburgh to play a  more conventional defense. Not saying it would help change the outcome but could have  made for a different game .

I don't think after week 1 of a 16 game schedule you can say anything concrete about any team. It's been one week, out of 16. We failed to beat a likely Super Bowl contender, and I'm seeing posts saying one or many of the following:

1) Fire the coach! Fire the OC! Fire Berry! (well, I don't care much for Berry).
2) Fire the GM! He's a bust! His scouting sucks! He didn't patch every single hole we had in the last two offseasons!
3) This team is going 2-14 or 3-13 at best! We ****ing suck!

This game is emotional, but apparently rational thought is beyond several of the posters in these threads. We weren't going to go 16-0. I didn't think we'd actually beat the Steelers. We're a team on the rise, in year 2 of a complete overhaull. I thought last year was a 6-7 win team. I think this year is an 8 or 9 win team. We're getting better.

Now, let's beat the **** out of Cowboys this week.

On 9/13/2016 at 5:51 AM, NattyBo said:

Sure, it's only one game.  However, the trend for this team has been to have 1 good season in the midst of several very bad ones. It looks like it's continuing. We're among the dregs of the NFL.  

Let's play a game: 

Margins of victory NFL Week 1: 1, 7, 6, 9, 4, 6. 1, 11, 19, 9, 2, 1, 4, 2, 22, 28.

Now: Spot the Browns, Redskins and Rams margins of defeat.

This team has a long way to go, and expecting anything better than .500 at this point (which looks shaky based on the inability to address problems stopping the run and running the ball ourselves), would be madness.

This is where we stand league wide. We're a slightly better version of the Browns or the Rams.  

Margin of victory is one of the worst ways to judge any team, especially after one game.  Futile at best, really.  Every game is different, has different matchups, game plans, and variables that can change the outcome considerably.  If teams lose by a large margin consistently then perhaps you can point to coaching, or talent, or all the above.  Your "dose of reality" doesn't have much of a reality element to it.

On 9/16/2016 at 1:54 PM, illone said:

Margin of victory is one of the worst ways to judge any team, especially after one game.  Futile at best, really.  Every game is different, has different matchups, game plans, and variables that can change the outcome considerably.  If teams lose by a large margin consistently then perhaps you can point to coaching, or talent, or all the above.  Your "dose of reality" doesn't have much of a reality element to it.

Lost to a rookie QB and a consensus horrific defense, real enough for you now?

We're the Browns South. 

Just now, NattyBo said:

Lost to a rookie QB and a consensus horrific defense, real enough for you now?

We're the Browns South. 

Emotional reaction, much?  Tough to make the same argument you started the thread with, Skins were in the game and didn't get blown out...

2 minutes ago, illone said:

Emotional reaction, much?  Tough to make the same argument you started the thread with, Skins were in the game and didn't get blown out...

No they just let a horrible team hang in the game and eventually beat them, just like the Browns went up huge and lost, and the Rams will lose to a much better team in the 4PM window.

We are the dregs of this league, stop pretending otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Starting to think last season was just a result of the whole division being horrible, and us playing horrible teams. Ugh. One of these years we'll have back to back winning seasons...I hope. 

Remember how non-Skins fans would point out how the Skins didn't beat anyone with a  winning record last season (Or something along those lines)? Yeah.

This team will not beat the Giants next week. They lose to the Giants more than they do to Dallas. Ryan Kerrigan is a liability in the run game because he purposely crashes down every time instead of playing contain. False Starts, holding, hands to the face, poor tackling, playing off the receivers, etc, etc, etc. Continue to happen every year. So it is not all coaching. I hope that SM drafts some OL this year  to replace Lavao and Lichtenstieger because they suck.Any time you get knocked back into the backfield like they do that means they either are too light or they have poor technique. I think it is the later. This team is 0-2 and they look like a team that will go 4-12 or 5-11 again after winning the division last year. We we won't have the number 1 pick because we will win enough games to be either middle of the road pick or around 5 or 6.  The only guarenteed way would to lose every game and that hasn't happened. If it does this year then I will turn in my Redskins fan card. 

Archived