Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

3 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Whoever the biggest idiots are in those leagues, would be my guess.

I'll go with Draymond Green and Yasiel Puig.

So, you're an idiot if you make any sort of stand/protest due to injustice that you're seeing out there in the world? 

Anyways...for folks wondering what would come from Kap's protest, we're seeing it.  It's fantastic.  From the 6th graders to other athletes, I'm glad people are willing to put themselves out there for something they believe in. 

Going back to football, of course you'll have people willing to shake the hands of the police working in the stadiums, etc....and that's fine.  I think the issue is with the clowns, volunteer or not, who are threatening to boycott working the 49ers games because their feelings got hurt.  For one I'm glad that they're proving Kap's point.  However, I am worried that these are the same people going out there on the streets trying to uphold the "to protect and serve" mantra.  Ugh...

Rapinoe gets it...

Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties. It was something small that I could do and something that I plan to keep doing in the future and hopefully spark some meaningful conversation around it. It’s important to have white people stand in support of people of color on this. We don’t need to be the leading voice, of course, but standing in support of them is something that’s really powerful.”

Link

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

My opinion of Kaepernick was formed, well before the flag controversy. Anyone employed by an NFL club that chooses to wear the hat of a different NFL club, is an idiot. Then there was the bicep thing. Then there was the wearing of the police pig socks. Then there was the Fidel Castro shirt.

Catch my drift?

Yeah, what the heck was up with him wearing a shirt with Fidel Castro on it? I heard that on radio the other day. I mean, talk about the poster child for oppressive government. You'd think that's the last type of person he'd like to be associated with.

3 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Yeah, what the heck was up with him wearing a shirt with Fidel Castro on it? I heard that on radio the other day. I mean, talk about the poster child for oppressive government. You'd think that's the last type of person he'd like to be associated with.

Hey man, stop trying to make sense, Kaep gets it. Now 5th graders can start wearing cop pig socks and Castro t-shirts and they'll get it to. And who cares if Cubans get their feelings hurt and maybe not want to attend 49er games, it's a protest.

Sheesh

7 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Welp, that certainly does something to the baseless lack of intelligence narrative some folks were holding on to...

So you've never known anyone that had book smarts, yet lacked common sense?

Sorry, but having a high Wonderlic doesn't negate all the utter stupidity the guy has shown over the past few years...the Dolphins cap. The pig cop socks. The Fidel Castro tee, etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I don't think this has anything to do with high or low levels of intelligence. I guess the above post wasn't clear enough

It was plenty clear...but you have to understand that there are certain folks in here criticizing him for kissing his biceps during a game, the hats he chooses to wear, etc. 

I'm not going to say anything about the socks because I do understand why people took issue with that...however, there are other variables that people are focusing on in a negative manner that have little-to-nothing to do with the stand he's choosing to make. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

It was plenty clear...but you have to understand that there are certain folks in here criticizing him for kissing his biceps during a game, the hats he chooses to wear, etc. 

I'm not going to say anything about the socks because I do understand why people took issue with that...however, there are other variables that people are focusing on in a negative manner that have little-to-nothing to do with the stand he's choosing to make. 

You seriously don't see a problem with a guy, employed by the 49ers, wearing a Miami Dolphins hat? C'mon man. You can't possibly be that naive.

And funny, you mention the bicep thing, but not that he chose to show up to a press conference wearing a Fidel Castro shirt. Selective memory, I guess. 

The guy has shown extremely poor judgment. Its not at all a stretch to think the guy's an idiot.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

10 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

You seriously don't see a problem with a guy, employed by the 49ers, wearing a Miami Dolphins hat? C'mon man. You can't possibly be that naive.

And funny, you mention the bicep thing, but not that he chose to show up to a press conference wearing a Fidel Castro shirt. Selective memory, I guess. 

The guy has shown extremely poor judgment. Its not at all a stretch to think the guy's an idiot.

Look, man....guys in pro sports don't care as much as you do about team apparel.  Before the NBA instituted the dress code, you'd see a lot of guys coming to the arena rocking M&N throwbacks of teams they didn't play for. 

Fans tend to get more uptight about things like this.  "How can so & so shake hands and smile with the opposition after the game???"  "Why are they swapping jerseys and gloves?"  It goes on and on.  And of course...it's indicative of the intelligence level of the athlete, right? 

But back on topic, at least pretend to try to see the forest from the trees, bud.  The things you're griping about are insignificant. 

Also, why don't you read up on the history of the X/Castro meeting?  It might provide some context to Kap's thinking. 

Here, I'll help.

Link

• Like 1

It isn't what "I" think about a guy wearing another team's apparel. It's the fact that he was currently employed by the Niners, yet reppin a Dolphins hat. COMMON SENSE tells you you don't do that. Think about it, man. If you worked for Verizon, would you go around wearing something with Sprint on it? Of course not.

Your example of guys wearing throwbacks of other teams walking into the arena, isn't close to the same thing. Those guys were paying homage to former NBA greats that came before them. Your other examples were also apples to oranges. 

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

13 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

It isn't what "I" think about a guy wearing another team's apparel. It's the fact that he was currently employed by the Niners, yet reppin a Dolphins hat. COMMON SENSE tells you you don't do that. Think about it, man. If you worked for Verizon, would you go around wearing something with Sprint on it? Of course not.

Your example of guys wearing throwbacks of other teams walking into the arena, isn't close to the same thing. Those guys were paying homage to former NBA greats that came before them. Your other examples were also apples to oranges. 

Skip the gym tomorrow since you're getting some heavy lifting in from moving the goalposts. 

*edit*

Ironically, this JUST came up on my feed:

2uiab8y.png

Now, can you imagine if John Wall worked for Verizon? 

Edited by RonArtest15

Is that supposed to be proof that Kaepernick wasn't an idiot for wearing a Dolphins hat, while employed by the Niners? Or are you just showing other examples of idiots?:ols:

But seriously, I doubt the Wizards would have a problem with Wall wearing a Garnett jersey. That kind of goes back to what I was saying earlier about guys paying homage to former greats that came before them.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Let it go. He's not an idiot for wearing a ball cap of another team. 

Baiscally you are trying to paint him as an idiot by any means possible to invalidate his argument that we don't have a race problem with police in this country. Now that's idiotic.

It isn't just the hat thing. It's the pig police socks and the Castro tee as well. All examples that prove the guy isn't the brightest bulb.

And no, I wasn't saying what you implied in the last paragraph. Not even close. 

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan