Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hopefully this makes even more refuse to stand

Between the racist texts/emails from the SFPD and this stunt that the SCPD is threatening to pull, I don't think anyone can question Kap's motives for protesting.  The actions of these two police departments make up a small part of the big picture of why there's a problem in the first place.  This is exactly why there is little trust between citizens and law enforcement.  They (police) bring it on themselves. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

To Serve and Protect. 

When your feelings aren't hurt. 

Unless I'm mistaken this isn't even part of their actual jobs. They do it as an overtime deal. And if that's the case, they're simply exercising their constitutional right to peacefully protest, no? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Between the racist texts/emails from the SFPD and this stunt that the SCPD is threatening to pull, I don't think anyone can question Kap's motives for protesting.  The actions of these two police departments make up a small part of the big picture of why there's a problem in the first place.  This is exactly why there is little trust between citizens criminals and law enforcement.  They (police) bring it on themselves. 

Yeah all of them deserve to be called pigs.  Police should be lumped into one group...Racist swine!!

Wait though, I wonder how the Muslim police feel about that.  I doubt they like it very much.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

To Serve and Protect. 

When your feelings aren't hurt. 

A guy whose hero is Ron Artest, doesn't have respect for authority. Shocking.

I guess it was the police's fault when he attacked those fans in Detroit or beat his spouse huh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

I didn't see any qualifiers in his statement.  Did the socks have an asterisk

*except the ones that aren't

Quote

"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops who are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust," Kaepernick wrote on Instagram.

"I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people,

Does that sound to you like he thinks all cops are pigs?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

Yeah all of them deserve to be called pigs.  Police should be lumped into one group...Racist swine!!

Wait though, I wonder how the Muslim police feel about that.  I doubt they like it very much.

 

Because that's exactly what I said.  Step up your reading comprehension. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is that what he said?

Folks seeing what they want to see...it's pathetic. 

 

10 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

A guy whose hero is Ron Artest, doesn't have respect for authority. Shocking.

I guess it was the police's fault when he attacked those fans in Detroit or beat his spouse huh.

Actually, I have PLENTY of respect for good law enforcement.  I have no respect for you, so keep cheerleading from the sideline with your rah-rah comments that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. 

Edited by RonArtest15
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Does that sound to you like he thinks all cops are pigs?

Was that before the backlash or after?  

 

3 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Because that's exactly what I said.  Step up your reading comprehension. 

 

If it was exact I would have just quoted it.  Did I say it was exactly what you said?  

It's good to know you are a law and order guy, maybe I misread you for the last... few years.

 

No you didn't qualify it, and no the socks didn't have an asterisk.  There, I answered for ya.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RonArtest15 Pretty much. Sure. Volunteer officers are exactly that, and don't have to be there.

 

But why are they they there?

Why did they leave?

 

Whose stance is the more egregious? Kaep wearing socks condemning asshole cops and the ones that empower them, then explaining that he stands with the ones that honor the uniform that the ones he opposes ruin on a daily basis....

 

Or the cops that leave, leaving the people who have nothing to do with either stance vulnerable, while seemingly sticking up for their corrupt brethren (not unheard of, but still) at the same time.

To me, that says exactly why more players should sit

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

Was that before the backlash or after?  

 

If it was exact I would have just quoted it.  Did I say it was exactly what you said?  

It's good to know you are a law and order guy, maybe I misread you for the last... few years.

 

No you didn't qualify it, and no the socks didn't have an asterisk.  There, I answered for ya.

David Clarke, tho.  Nuff' said.  Have a good one. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@RonArtest15 Pretty much. Sure. Volunteer officers are exactly that, and don't have to be there.

 

But why are they they there?

Why did they leave?

 

Whose stance is the more egregious? (Keep wearing socks condemning as whole and the ones that empower them, then explaining that he stands with the ones that honor the uniform that the ones he opposes ruin on a daily basis....

 

Or the cops that leave, leaving the people who have nothing to do with either stance vulnerable, while seemingly sticking up for their corrupt brethren (not unheard of, but still) at the same time.

To me, that says exactly why more players should sit

You hit the nail on the head.  Even as volunteers, their threat comes off as EXTREMELY thin-skinned. 

Kap's protest is with the police who don't uphold the shield.  It's their choice/right to do so, but any officer who does choose to not work the game due to Kap, I'd have a hard time believing that they would put the best interest of the people they serve at the forefront. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

Sounds a bit like "I'm not racist,  but...."....just in reverse. 

"I'm not a ___ but" in the way you describe would usually be followed by a semi-contradictory statement, or a statement that makes no sense whatsoever, and serves as a means of misdirection. In this case, it may or may not sound that way, but ultimately, that's not what it is

 

15 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

Was that before the backlash or after?  

 

 

After, when he was asked explain his motives, leaving nothing to interpretation

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"I'm not a ___ but" in the way you describe would usually be followed by a semi-contradictory statement, or a statement that makes no sense whatsoever, and serves as a means of misdirection. In this case, it may or may not sound that way, but ultimately, that's not what it is

 

After, when he was asked explain his motives, leaving nothing to interpretation

I just can't imagine someone wearing clothing that depicted negative strereotypes of minorities, then stating that it didn't apply to all and they actually have friends and family in that minority group,  and anyone on this site accepting that explanation. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

I just can't imagine someone wearing clothing that depicted negative strereotypes of minorities, then stating that it didn't apply to all and they actually have friends and family in that minority group,  and anyone on this site accepting that explanation. 

Perhaps not, but having a problem with skin color/race alone leaves no wiggle room, vs something directed towards actions of a group of people of many races.

 

To some people, a fag is a derogatory term used to describe gay people. To others, it's something you smoke.

 

To some, Redskins is a derogatory term used to describe Native Americans. To others, it's a symbol of pride :)

 

I'm not saying what he did was the best way to go, but what he said made sense to me, and unless one thinks he is a liar, clears things up. Plus, having police officers in your own family would also kinda give me a moment of pause.

 

The reaction however, after he explained himself, really illustrates to me the ugly truth of all of this.

 

We don't want to face it (the truth)... We, as in all of us, collectively. And we will seek out socks, and vague social media posts, whatever we can find, to keep us from going down that road. And many of us will feel good about it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is that what he said?

Yea... I agree with Air, it is ultimately what he's saying with those socks because it's a blanket statement, one of many he has made already

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Does that sound to you like he thinks all cops are pigs?

 

I want anyone on this board defending him go to your job site and have a co-worker place a photo of you with them on social media. Try to than backtrack and state it's only about the bad cops... Good luck finding a new job.

 

It's a disgraceful protest. I don't care that he doesn't stand for an anthem. His socks are childish and derogatory and no role for that in any respectable protest.  Keep justifying it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bonez3 said:

Yea... I agree with Air, it is ultimately what he's saying with those socks because it's a blanket statement, one of many he has made already

 

I want anyone on this board defending him go to your job site and have a co-worker place a photo of you with them on social media. Try to than backtrack and state it's only about the bad cops... Good luck finding a new job.

 

It's a disgraceful protest. I don't care that he doesn't stand for an anthem. His socks are childish and derogatory and no role for that in any respectable protest.  Keep justifying it

Okay

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right...

Make no mistake, I'm sickened by the events of police brutality on minorities. Also, I would never call an individual a 'pig' not knowing them and knowing it would insult others not even associated. That and along with the fact it is purely childish.

 

I'd rather continue to be dignified and educated on the matter. 

 

But, to your point, opinions are allowed. Even the childish, immature and implied racist ones like Kaepernicks.

Edited by Bonez3
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Perhaps not, but having a problem with skin color/race alone leaves no wiggle room, vs something directed towards actions of a group of people of many races.

 

To some people, a fag is a derogatory term used to describe gay people. To others, it's something you smoke.

 

To some, Redskins is a derogatory term used to describe Native Americans. To others, it's a symbol of pride.   

The reaction however, after he explained himself, really illustrates to me the ugly truth of all of this.

 

We don't want to face it (the truth)... We, as in all of us, collectively. And we will seek out socks, and vague social media posts, whatever we can find, to keep us from going down that road. And many of us will feel good about it

 

Does  pig in reference to police have any positive connotations or is it a symbol of pride to anyone?  I think that's a distinction here. 

 

I do agree collectively this isn't a discussion many want to have.   And almost none will listen to anyone who disagrees with even one of their points on the topic. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

 

Does  pig in reference to police have any positive connotations or is it a symbol of pride to anyone?  I think that's a distinction here. 

No, and I think that's where his mistake was. It was not clear that he was directing it towards bad cops

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No, and I think that's where his mistake was. It was not clear that he was directing it towards bad cops

Yea... it was not clear at all. But my young children also aren't clear when they try to make a point, it comes with the level of intelligence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...