Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

I really love the show.  Partly because I really just love the Rebels crew, and also Ahsoka.  

There has been a lot of conversation about Thrawn not looking right.  I completely agree.  He was not only a super mastermind, he also was a ridiculously dangerous individual warrior.  He trained by fighting dark troopers for heaven's sake.  

I was all for them casting Lars Mikkelson as Thrawn just for the voice, because the voice was the most important part.  And if you close your eyes when Thrawn is on screen, it's the same voice, the same character.  

I kindof wish they had done something extremely unique: Had another actor play Thrawn but have Lars voice him.  So, yeah, it would be lip syncing.  But Lars doesn't (and probably can't) look like Thrawn.  Star Wars does this with helmeted characters all the time, Vader, Mando, etc.  They should have done it with a live action character to get the look right.  

That's my biggest glaring issue with the show.

I'm very interested to see who gets off the world.  Because, we see NONE of these characters in the sequel trilogy.  Is the convenient way to keep them out of the way just to keep them stuck out in a galaxy farther farther away?  

We know there's no Thrawn in the First Order.  Does he get stuck also?  Do they all get stuck, and then they find their way back after the Rise of Skywalker ending, conveniently missing the entire next chapter of the story?  Is Thrawn somehow part of Snoke's rise to power?  

We'll see.  We know the republic falls and the first order rises.  We can see the first order is massively incompetent. But where are all the Felloniverse characters?  Having them get stuck in another galaxy is a very convenient way to keep their stories going but out of the main trilogy.  

Though, for some reason, I keep thinking Baylan's quest is going to lead to the rise of Snoke.  I'm probably wrong there, but ... maybe?

• Like 1

What a finale.

Also...

Spoiler

MORTIS GODS! Or that's what I assume the carved mountain faces were. Kind of cool to bring that into Baylans storyline. 

Also..forgot to mention the other Mortis god connection, the Morai (the bird) that Ahsoka saw. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what's the deal with the future of the franchise here? And I'm not talking about the cartoons and TV series, I'm talking about the movies.  And I'm not talking about what Jabba the Hut's secretary did 15 years before ROTJ, I'm talking about main characters.  And I'm not talking about Bru or Uncle Owen, I'm talking about Luke's ancestors.  Is Kylo Ren still alive, didn't catch the last movie.  So Han Solo's kid I assume made a turn to the light side, maybe there's some material to work with there.

• 3 months later...

Decades-Old Beer Ads Stitched Straight Into Original Star Wars Movies Go Viral

A controversial advertising campaign that cut Chilean beer commercials into key scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy has surfaced online, going viral some 20 years after they were first broadcast.

“Around 2003 in Chile, when the original trilogy of Star Wars began airing on television there, they did this funny thing to avoid cutting to commercial breaks,” wrote X user Windy in a post accompanying one of the clips, below. “They stitched the commercials into the films themselves. Here is one of them, with the English dub added in.”

• Haha 5

On 3/4/2024 at 5:09 PM, China said:

Decades-Old Beer Ads Stitched Straight Into Original Star Wars Movies Go Viral

A controversial advertising campaign that cut Chilean beer commercials into key scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy has surfaced online, going viral some 20 years after they were first broadcast.

“Around 2003 in Chile, when the original trilogy of Star Wars began airing on television there, they did this funny thing to avoid cutting to commercial breaks,” wrote X user Windy in a post accompanying one of the clips, below. “They stitched the commercials into the films themselves. Here is one of them, with the English dub added in.”

This is top 10 funniest thing I have ever seen.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:51 PM, kfrankie said:

So what's the deal with the future of the franchise here? And I'm not talking about the cartoons and TV series, I'm talking about the movies.  And I'm not talking about what Jabba the Hut's secretary did 15 years before ROTJ, I'm talking about main characters.  And I'm not talking about Bru or Uncle Owen, I'm talking about Luke's ancestors.  Is Kylo Ren still alive, didn't catch the last movie.  So Han Solo's kid I assume made a turn to the light side, maybe there's some material to work with there.

rey is getting a new movie about rebuilding the Jedi order I think. 

I’m fine with that and pushing new characters and new time periods. The worst thing Star Wars has done the last decade is just cram legacy characters like Anakin, Luke, Vader, etc into everything and give us stories like Kenobi that have no reason to exist or significantly detract from the existing material. This has ruined Mandalorian as his show is taken over by “hey look remember this character!” 

the two things that actually tried to be something different or do unique things with the story and characters, TLJ and Andor, are far and away the best thing SW has done in decades 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

rey is getting a new movie about rebuilding the Jedi order I think. 

I’m fine with that and pushing new characters and new time periods. The worst thing Star Wars has done the last decade is just cram legacy characters like Anakin, Luke, Vader, etc into everything and give us stories like Kenobi that have no reason to exist or significantly detract from the existing material. This has ruined Mandalorian as his show is taken over by “hey look remember this character!” 

the two things that actually tried to be something different or do unique things with the story and characters, TLJ and Andor, are far and away the best thing SW has done in decades 

So Rey was Luke’s daughter.  Never found out who the mom was, maybe that’s the big reveal in episode 10.  

Speaking of new material, the Acolyte is scheduled for mid-2024. They're starting to investigate more of the High Republic era--with Jedi Survivor (awesome game, BTW) touching on it and now the Acolyte set 100 years before Phantom Menace "in the final days of the High Republic." It has an interesting cast, including Dafnee Keene, who was X-23 in Logan.

I'm hoping, with Disney releasing R-Rated Deadpool and TV-MA Echo and Daredevil, they'll take this darker. 

On 3/9/2024 at 9:17 PM, kfrankie said:

So Rey was Luke’s daughter.  Never found out who the mom was, maybe that’s the big reveal in episode 10.  

Rey was actually Emperor Palpatines granddaughter. Kylo was the last skywalker by blood until Rey decided she could just change her name to skywalker. 

• Thumb up 2

https://coveredgeekly.com/star-wars-4k-restored-trilogies-coming-to-theatres-in-may-2024-exclusive/?fbclid=IwAR2I7vdS2-v1jQTNY0APKKyoJK1aZdR9yhSEWpFz3p1GoItq_0hu_edW8Uc_aem_AQxZctstmKThsnjx8X-OrIZaw5RKJ112ICaJgCL4NBWixq5JwntN58vWitgPW3pVW5o

Star Wars original & prequel trilogies to release 4K restorations in theatres this May (Exclusive)

Star Wars fans will be treated to the original and prequel trilogies in 4K restorations this May.

This May, “Star Wars“ fans will have the opportunity to experience the original and prequel trilogies in 4K restorations in theatres, as part of a momentous occasion in the franchise’s journey.

The upcoming theatrical showcase will provide fans with an immersive experience of the “Star Wars” universe, just in time for the annual Star Wars Day on May 4th. 

This announcement coincides with the 25th anniversary of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, which will hit theatres once again on May 3rd.

The re-release isn’t just a nod to nostalgia but part of a grander celebration of the “Star Wars” legacy, a series that has captivated audiences since its debut.

The 4K restoration promises to bring these timeless stories to life with an unprecedented level of detail, offering a fresh perspective on the saga’s classic scenes.

Previously, the original trilogy—comprising A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi—as well as the prequel set—The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith—have been made available in 4K UHD for home viewing.

These releases garnered acclaim for their enhanced visuals and comprehensive special features.

This event is a unique opportunity for fans to revisit the journeys of Luke and Anakin Skywalker, along with the entire galactic ensemble, in stunning high-definition.

image.png.5ddd2bc482cffeccb80ee132d8362581.png

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone watch the 6 or so animated episodes of Tales of the Empire on Disney+? They are all 15mins or so long and pretty well done. Gives Morgan Elsbeth some back story and also focuses on Bariss Offee. 

Very short watch but I found it very entertaining.