Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

I just finished The Last Jedi. I assume this was the very last movie, chapter 9? It was good. Not really sure what happened in the 2 movies prior to this one, I watched them a while ago distracted so I really have no idea. But I liked this one the most.

I watched Rogue One a few weeks ago and thought it was part of the 9 movie series. Apparently its not. Was very confused on who those people were. Didnt click until the very end that this was a side movie spin off leading up to the events of chapter4 - A New Hope with the iconic moment Darth Vader walks onto the Princess Lea's ship.

Is this they end. The very last movie is Last Jedi? If so, Im fine with that.

How did Darth Vader die?

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2018 at 9:52 AM, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I just finished The Last Jedi. I assume this was the very last movie, chapter 9? It was good. Not really sure what happened in the 2 movies prior to this one, I watched them a while ago distracted so I really have no idea. But I liked this one the most.

I watched Rogue One a few weeks ago and thought it was part of the 9 movie series. Apparently its not. Was very confused on who those people were. Didnt click until the very end that this was a side movie spin off leading up to the events of chapter4 - A New Hope with the iconic moment Darth Vader walks onto the Princess Lea's ship.

Is this they end. The very last movie is Last Jedi? If so, Im fine with that.

How did Darth Vader die?

The Last Jedi is episode 8. There is one more coming that will complete the story with Kylo and Rey. 

Vader dies in episode 6, Return of the Jedi. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like it could be really good. I like the Anti-Hero aspect. I am currently bingeing Sons of Anarchy, so I am into that type of thinking right now.

Like a Star Wars Punisher.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like it could be really good. I like the Anti-Hero aspect. I am currently bingeing Sons of Anarchy, so I am into that type of thinking right now.

Like a Star Wars Punisher.

This project definitely has potential!  I am sure Favreu will draw inspirations from westerns of cinemas past. 

• Like 1

I really wish they’d make a movie called “Vader” which is basically 2 hours of Darth Vader doing things like he did in the final minutes of Rogue One to crush any resistance to the empire.  We never really got enough of Vader just being a bad ass and kicking ass, especially after he was in the suit.  

Plot would be irrelevant.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really wish they’d make a movie called “Vader” which is basically 2 hours of Darth Vader doing things like he did in the final minutes of Rogue One to crush any resistance to the empire.  We never really got enough of Vader just being a bad ass and kicking ass, especially after he was in the suit.  

I've brought up combining the first three episodes into a sort of darker reboot.  I liked episode 3, it was too much cgi not enough Aniken/Vader going off on people.

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I like the idea. Could even show some apprenticeship training he took on with an underling and ultimately killing him. I'm over the single name movie titles though. 

Lord Vader is what it should be

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I like the idea. Could even show some apprenticeship training he took on with an underling and ultimately killing him. I'm over the single name movie titles though. 

Lord Vader is what it should be

What's interesting is that I honestly came up with this "concept" years ago, I think after the Revenge of the Sith came out, but before the new movies.  My thought was that as cool as the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan was (and while in general the prequels sucked, there were certain light saber fight scenes which were really cool), we got almost none of the Vader that we knew, the guy in the suit. Hayden Christensen didn't look like Vader during the movie, even after he was dubbed Darth Vader. All we got in the suit was that pathetic "nooooooo!" What a waste of a great suit.

I thought a "Vader" movie could just pick up from there, and show all the bad-ass stuff he did over the next 20 years until Luke came into the picture.

And then when I saw Rogue One, with that 45 second sequence at the end with Vader doing Vader things, it reconfirmed my belief that it would just be too damn cool to have an entire movie of it.

Just need some James Earl Jones voice-work, some light-saber against blaster stuff, a few throat chokes, and you're done. 

I bet it would out-draw most of the other movies which have come out recently.

Just indulgent Vader being a bad-ass.

Another concept: "modern day Jedi."  Take the Jedi's, put them in New York (or some other big modern city), and have some serious light-saber battles in the middle of the street.  The Jedi and Sith are hiding on earth, waging a secret battle.  It could happen.... Again, plot irrelevant.  Tell me who wouldn't be up for a light saber duel in time square?  Or on Holly wood boulevard.  Or near Big Ben.  Or in Tokyo.  It would just be bad freaking ass. 

17 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I've brought up combining the first three episodes into a sort of darker reboot.  I liked episode 3, it was too much cgi not enough Aniken/Vader going off on people.

You mean the prequels? 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You mean the prequels? 

Yes, combine episodes 1 thru 3 into a darker vader movie, move a little further after the change, less emphasis on him as kid, more about him totally consumed by the dark side and messed up stuff he does once hes officially in the black suit.  Once we get past episode 9, I dont want to see us beholden to making any more episodes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Supposedly between ep 3 and 4 Vader and the emperor hunt down and kill all the remaining Jedi.

That would be a good place to start for a Vader solo film

Especially since the gloss over it in the prequel films. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

thought a "Vader" movie could just pick up from there, and show all the bad-ass stuff he did over the next 20 years until Luke came into the picture

Here is the premise. Vader hunting down Jedi and torturing them in horrific ways (think Michael Madsen in Resevoir Dogs, using the force, on crack) in his relentless pursuit of finding Obi Wan.

Get real dark with it.

4 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Supposedly between ep 3 and 4 Vader and the emperor hunt down and kill all the remaining Jedi.

That would be a good place to start for a Vader solo film

Some of this is covered in the animated series. They're actually pretty decent.