Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Body Hacking Thread

method man

I've been reading a lot of what's out there by guys like Tim Ferriss and Dave Asprey out there recently. Whether it is ketogenesis, nutrition or something else, the stuff out there on achieving optimal results is amazing.

As someone who does not drink coffee, I came across this interesting article that a friend of mine posted:

http://theeksthoughts.com/2016/02/03/4-caffeine-alternative-to-amplify-your-day/

Anyone else do something out of the ordinary that the rest of us should be doing?

i drink "bulletproof" coffee just about every morning. the daily 4oz of coffee has me down from probably well over 20oz a day of the black gold. it serves as my breakfast and keeps me sated until lunch at 12:30. i do drink a lot of water, which helps too. oh, i say "bulletproof" because i don't buy asprey's beans or special MCT concoction. i use just basic coffee (i don't have easy access to specialty coffee and don't want to take the time to search for it), coconut oil with 93% MCT, and kerrygold butter. works for me, and i don't lose sleep over the thought of mold spores in my beans.

i've been kicking around the idea of a standup desk for awhile now... trying to figure out how to have the company want to pay for it instead of me.

i've been eating a largely plant based diet for the last three years, but i'm bad about carbs... likely the next step of my dietary evolution, though i doubt i'll eliminate them all together. when i have some time, i'm going to check out ferriss's slow carb diet recommendation.

i do like listening to ferriss's podcast periodically when i'm driving... an interesting dude. listening to or reading ferriss or asprey or robbins helps me with my intentionality. i don't 100% buy in to everything that they say or do, but the act of learning about their ideas helps me think about what i'm doing instead of just floating through my days.

i drink "bulletproof" coffee just about every morning. the daily 4oz of coffee has me down from probably well over 20oz a day of the black gold. it serves as my breakfast and keeps me sated until lunch at 12:30. i do drink a lot of water, which helps too. oh, i say "bulletproof" because i don't buy asprey's beans or special MCT concoction. i use just basic coffee (i don't have easy access to specialty coffee and don't want to take the time to search for it), coconut oil with 93% MCT, and kerrygold butter. works for me, and i don't lose sleep over the thought of mold spores in my beans.

i've been kicking around the idea of a standup desk for awhile now... trying to figure out how to have the company want to pay for it instead of me.

i've been eating a largely plant based diet for the last three years, but i'm bad about carbs... likely the next step of my dietary evolution, though i doubt i'll eliminate them all together. when i have some time, i'm going to check out ferriss's slow carb diet recommendation.

i do like listening to ferriss's podcast periodically when i'm driving... an interesting dude. listening to or reading ferriss or asprey or robbins helps me with my intentionality. i don't 100% buy in to everything that they say or do, but the act of learning about their ideas helps me think about what i'm doing instead of just floating through my days.

On BP coffee, my friends have used cold brewed coffee (Chameleon is the brand, I believe) to great success.

On the standup desk idea, go to a chiropractor once, get a note and show it to HR

I'm back off the black this week. Monday was tough. I'm an addict, so I'll abuse anything (sucks to write that) and if I'm drinking coffee, I'm doing it all day.

I stack meals. Juice, raw, cooked, through out the day. I eat complete plant based.

I'm up by 4 or 5 and have solid energy through my day and fall asleep easily.

I also make sure my first meal (juice or smoothie) is not sooner than 12 from my last one.

I love carbs. Fiber. Greens. I'll eat small carb rich meals every 3/4 hours through a day. If I get tired, I'll eat some fruits or nuts.

I've been taking modafanil on days when I need to be productive. It's good but it isn't the miracle drug some make it out to be. I'd probably use steroids if I could get them easily and they weren't so expensive.

If you're looking for less illegal or non-substance hacks, nothing beats meditation.

Tell me more about this modafanil...

Stand up desk, intermittently fast and my meal protocol is basically the slow carb diet. Works wonders

Big believer in the fasting and how it super charges your hormones and body. Anyone else interested should check out Ori Hofmekler for details...

I'm also a big believer in low dose naltrexone. I encourage anyone who has a loved one suffering from HIV, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis or autoimmune disorder look into it. It's going to be difficult to find a doctor to prescribe it, but IMO worth seeking out. You will also need to pay out of pocket and use a compounding pharmacy.

Tell me more about this modafanil...

You can get it online pretty effortlessly. They give to narcoleptics or people who have to work nights. Somewhere along the way people started taking it to get an edge because it improves alertness and focus. I find that it definitely makes me more awake and alert and if I have something that I want / need to do, it does help me stay focused. I only take it on days where I will be sitting in front of a computer or doing something that I'd normally get bored of or easily distracted while I'm trying to work.

Some people swear by it. For me it helps but it's not everything I had hoped it would be.

You can get it online pretty effortlessly. They give to narcoleptics or people who have to work nights. Somewhere along the way people started taking it to get an edge because it improves alertness and focus. I find that it definitely makes me more awake and alert and if I have something that I want / need to do, it does help me stay focused. I only take it on days where I will be sitting in front of a computer or doing something that I'd normally get bored of or easily distracted while I'm trying to work.

Some people swear by it. For me it helps but it's not everything I had hoped it would be.

Lot of Silicon Valley CEOs are taking this. I'm worried about the long term effects of something like this

Gut bacteria transplant has mellowed me out

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201309/gut-bacteria-transplant-new-treatment-anxiety

I cut off my foot so that i can have access to handicapped parking...does that count?

Why would you do that? My POS cousin claimed he lost hearing in one ear, they did the beep test on him and he just didn't respond to the tones. He gets a parking pass. 

Did I mention he is a POS?

I've had some friends who have gotten it but the issue is that the eyes may permanently end up being drier than usual

I think that was a legitimate issue 5-10 years ago.  The technology has advanced to where that is no longer an issue.  I've had it done a year ago, and like 8 people at my firm have done it, (my wife is getting it done at the end of this month).  Nobody has reported any significant issues (other than attempting to adjust glasses that they aren't actually wearing out of habit :) ).

Archived