Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac Thread - Playoffs Edition!

PigskinRedskin

Guys, Since 4 weeks ago, every game I have had the same calm and confident feeling that we are going to win that I had before our 7 game run in 2012.  I cannot say that I had that feeling before the Seattle playoff game in 2012.  But I have it now.  Here's to you fellow Redskins fans.  May the blood of our enemies lubricate the engines of our cars.

Guys, Since 4 weeks ago, every game I have had the same calm and confident feeling that we are going to win that I had before our 7 game run in 2012.  I cannot say that I had that feeling before the Seattle playoff game in 2012.  But I have it now.  Here's to you fellow Redskins fans.  May the blood of our enemies lubricate the engines of our cars.

And may their vanquished bones serve as mortar for our city walls! 

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but this seems to feel so much different from 2012...almost felt like we took a short-cut that year, and it was too good to be true. This year feels like a natural progression, well-earned and sustainable.

Agreed. Feel the same way. Hope we are proven right.

And oh yeah. FedEx bound to meet up with MTH. Let's get this day going!

As the game is getting closer, gotta say I'm starting to get really nervous and have my doubts...I'm starting to feel like our team is a young team with not much playoff experience, and that Kirk will try to do too much. I feel like the packers are going to prove that we aren't ready to face a team like that in the playoffs quite yet, but that in 2-3 years we'll be winning playoff games consistently. I really hope it's just pre-playoff game jitters talking.

I don't think I've posted most of the season. Mainly in part to my no expectations approach to this season. Got really tired of the up and down trend we run in these parts. It's bode well for me this year till this week and this morning. No matter how I've down played this game I found myself not able to sleep.

I guess at this point I don't want to allow myself the hurt I felt in 2012 and that horrible ending. But as I look to the game 12 hours away I'm restless. Restless that we will get off to a bumpy start, interception, weak run game, deep pass not defended, or a run d that gets run over. I know I'm being negative but realism has left me in better shape when we pull out a win. I would just want to win one damn playoff game in my 30's. I mean I've seen one playoff win in nearly 20 years. Think about that.

I had a few friends invite me out to watch the game. I turned them all down because win or lose, hopefully win I want to savor the moment or be alone to reconcile a pretty good season.

So I'll be watching, from NY but rooting them on in the confines of my home. Good bless you guys typing away at this god awful hour your the true fans! Hail!

Anticipation is crazy right now and we want a paloff win so bad it hurts. Just have to keep reminding ourselves that win or lose, this season is already a monumental success.

I am worried, like Jumbo mentioned and Califan brought up here, that we'd completely **** the bed like the Texans. That would be quite devastating. Still, breathe... perspective.

I don't know about you guys I slept like a baby.   :D   I feel relaxed and ready for this.  No matter what happens I feel great knowing we have a QB that looks better than all the 4 teams we watch tee it up so far, yes I put Smith and Ben there too.  Win or loose I know the future for our Redskins is super bright and Sundays in the fall and winter will be fun again.

RG kitty woke me up as usual, with her little chirping thing she does...at 5:20ish, the normal day.

Except, this day isn't "the usual", or normal.  For too many seasons I've prayed for 8-8, or 9-7...just something that resembles a winning season.  They were answered, and we're in the playoffs. 

I'm laughing & crying all at the same time.  At this hour, too happy to contain, & the neighborhood wouldn't understand HTTR at full blast, even tho they've heard it before (the night of the RGIII draft was quite monumental, I must say....)

Hail, y'all!  Send Captain Kirk all your good thoughts/karma/love/arm.  Send Jordan Reed some "hang onto the ball".  Send DJax & Pierre some "space".  Send our D some "in yo' face" with a solid tackle.  No dumbass penalties.  Focus.  Fundamentals.

WE ARE REDSKINS NATION!  HAIL!

There's already fans at the Redzone lot. It's not even freaking sunrise. 3591 miles separate me and DC unfortunately, but if I could I would be there (although maybe not quite 9.5 hours before kick off!!) Kudos to those guys though, it feels good to have some football in January! All who are going are going to have a helluva day regardless of the result, I'm just going to be sat here waiting and wishing... but that's OK. That's the life of a UK Skins fan. I'm gonna have myself a drink or 3 and get into game mode. Now lets go win this thing! Hail.

CYW38GcWYAAojDP.jpg

Slept like a baby. Completely refreshed and not nervous at all. 

Not in an 'over confident' way. More in a 'I never in a million years expected to be here, so just being here is utterly awesome' way. 

Anything above and beyond that is gravy. We **** the bed ..... ? Meh, my expectations have been well and truly surpassed so I won't get bent out of shape or too down over it. 

Just good to be a fan living in the moment and enjoying this unexpected journey. 

Maybe this is what Jim meant by staying medium?

Hail. 

this is what actually said in the atn gameday thread

Oh Gods I don't believe in and any other forces that may be accessible, please don't let Kirk deconstruct anytime soon--like, say, a decade at least

we ain't gonna implode, but i don't expect anything but max effort from Rodgers and GB and, really, i think the game could go in any and all manners with these two teams at this point. 

that said, i think we are going to win.

i wish i could lead a chant in the locker room..."Every Down! The Whole Game! No Matter What!" over and over...

whiskey

Slept like a baby. Completely refreshed and not nervous at all. 

Not in an 'over confident' way. More in a 'I never in a million years expected to be here, so just being here is utterly awesome' way. 

Anything above and beyond that is gravy. We **** the bed ..... ? Meh, my expectations have been well and truly surpassed so I won't get bent out of shape or too down over it. 

Just good to be a fan living in the moment and enjoying this unexpected journey. 

Maybe this is what Jim meant by staying medium?

Hail. 

I sure hope that the Team wakes up with a different set of expectations.

making jalapeno eggs covered in spicy hot pork chili (big chunks of dead pig with salsa verde and traditional chili base mix) laid over a bed of hashbrowns for breakfast

then a walk and talk to the sea lions

then watch some bruce lee

it's all part of the training 

I'm bricking it.

We've gained so much respect nationally the last couple of weeks, everyone finally believing in Cousins, usual dysfunctional Redskins narrative thrown out the window and one of the most likeable teams we've ever had.

Would be a massive shame if they didn't do themselves justice later. I'm confident they will though. If Kirk plays like he's been playing the past few weeks he's nearing superstar status tomorrow morning.

Archived