Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac Thread - Playoffs Edition!

PigskinRedskin

lol Another thing I ain't ever seen is the losing team's QB saying that "every time we had the ball it rained...every time they had the ball the ball it didn't"~paraphrasing

....what?? Mccaron didn't really say that....did he? Talk about excuses. "I blame you, Mother Nature!!! You obviously wanted Pittsburgh to win!!!"

Well, so far both Away teams have won but both of those teams had AJ McCarron and Hoyer the Destroyer who were nothing special in the regular season. 

The Texans weren't known for their offense, KC was known for both sides of the ball so that was to be expected. The Bengals had both sides of the ball but the offense was strong when Dalton was under center.

More then likely, Seahawks will win, the Vikings have a shaky QB and rely way to heavily on AD to give them points. They have a good defense but so does Seattle and Wilson is playing lights out right now.

Luckily for us, we're actually quite different then the 3 home teams this playoff weekend. We have a hot, strong offense as of right now. Our defense has been getting turnovers, I think we can be the only home team to win!

Man I'm spent after that **** show for a game in cincy. I cannot believe how it ended I mean these guys couldn't get it together. Bengals got dicked over but they couldn't gather themselves as men. Very disappointing.

I can't believe that Lewis didn't stress to Hill that whatever he did, and he didn't have to gain any yards on all 4 downs... to hold on and protect the ball. Time would have run down a little even with all of Pitts timeouts. Then kick a FG (19-15), and make the Steelers have to go for a TD with no TO's and little time left. The sure did blow this one.

I can't believe that Lewis didn't stress to Hill that whatever he did, and he didn't have to gain any yards on all 4 downs... to hold on and protect the ball. Time would have run down a little even with all of Pitts timeouts. Then kick a FG (19-15), and make the Steelers have to go for a TD with no TO's and little time left. The sure did blow this one.

Lewis may be the best bad coach ever

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but this seems to feel so much different from 2012...almost felt like we took a short-cut that year, and it was too good to be true. This year feels like a natural progression, well-earned and sustainable.

I'm so damn nervous. Todays games reminded me that Kirk is a first time playoff starter

Starter yes. But at least he has played albeit it was in 2012 though for what like a quarter. He even said he didn't get 1st team reps before that game but this time around it is a little bit different. :)

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but this seems to feel so much different from 2012...almost felt like we took a short-cut that year, and it was too good to be true. This year feels like a natural progression, well-earned and sustainable.

In 2012 we hobbled into the playoffs. RG3 was playing on one leg - literally. 

We have weapons. In 2012 8t was basically Griffin/Morris or bust. The defense gave up a ton of backbreaking plays too. Usually if we got behind, the game was over. Now we are buikt to come from behind, and we can score from anywhere on the field.

We also have a smarter, more opportunistic defense, and more kick up front. Feels like we can play a variety of different ways, whereas in 2012, we were more one dimensional

Sleep is for quitters.

I've had close to none all week.

The narrative all week scares the bejeezus out of me. We haven't been given this much love since RGIII's Turkey Day evisceration of the 'Girls.

At the same time...if you're gonna be any good in this league, you have to be able to play with the expectations at some point. There's still enough bulletin board naysaying going on for the guys to easily make use of....i'm more worried that it will poke the sleeping bear & Rodgers will go all Jordan 55 on us.

Good thing we have our Steph Curry, eh?

In 2012, our TD's in the playoff game vs Seattle were from Evan Royster, and Logan Paulsen. Hardly weapons.

I feel if we can jump out to a 14-0 or 17-0 lead and force Green Bay to keep throwing the ball and abandon the run, we'll be in good shape.

Jumbo had said on the game thread that he hoped we didn't come out and implode like the Texans did...I haven't been thinking we would but I gotta admit, that scenario makes me cringe lol... :mellow:

If they come out playing super conservative and then Rodgers goes down the field on our defense a couple times then the Gruden/Bengals/Lewis connection is bound to come up.

The Packers have one of the best 3rd down defenses so we better not be expecting to live off of Cousins repeatedly converting on 3rd and 7-12. If somehow Cousins can keep doing it on 3rd and long anyway it'll just show how clutch he is already.

The biggest difference between how 2012 felt and how 2015 is feeling is that 2015 season is recent lol...

If they come out playing super conservative and then Rodgers goes down the field on our defense a couple times then the Gruden/Bengals/Lewis connection is bound to come up.

The Packers have one of the best 3rd down defenses so we better not be expecting to live off of Cousins repeatedly converting on 3rd and 7-12. If somehow Cousins can keep doing it on 3rd and long anyway it'll just show how clutch he is already.

I'm reallllllly hoping Morris surprises everyone and has a 150 yard, 2 TD game...

The biggest difference between how 2012 felt and how 2015 is feeling is that 2015 season is recent lol...

Not really. I realize it seems like a long time ago, but I remember the feeling, waiting for kickoff. I had a lot more doubts about that team than this team, but I was also fully aboard the RG3 hype train at that point and that covered up for a lot of it. I believed that year. This year I feel a lot more rational confidence, rather than hope fueled by rampant homerism.

Archived