Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cary Williams signs

Hoover-ball

UGH.  No.  This is frustrating.  I do not like him one bit.  Seeing him in Philly, he just runs his mouth and is poor in coverage, which is key to being a CB.  He was let go by the Eagles, and this year quickly lost his job in Seattle.

I guess we are at the bottom of the barrel, but i dont want him on the field much!

The season's over and we're looking for a corner to play during dime packages. It's not like he's going to be on the field all the time, or covering Randall Cobb. We've got Breeland, Blackmon, and Dunbar still.

Anyway, the guy will be fine for a few games. No big deal here.

Reading a LOT of negative overreactions on twitter about a guy who has been a starter coming in to be maybe the 4th corner. It could be a lot worse this late in the year. Trust Scot, he's made some helpful pick up during the season.

Not to mention our GM has shown during this season that he's pretty good at finding contributors from the scrap pile.

People need to chill the **** out. Honestly. We get to the playoffs, win the division championship, and NOW they want to question our GM's judgement?

Before Scot we would not have made this signing.  I think it's a great pickup at this time to get a guy who has experience, has proven that he is capable, and has playoff and SB experience.  And it would be funny to face Seattle with Williams still on their payroll. 

Lol...I just looked at the brackets on nfl.com.  If "the impossible" became true and the skins beat GB and then Seattle, and Seattle beats MN and Carolina then the skins and hawks play the NFC Championship game...at Fedex.  That would be a hoot. 

I realize this is a bit off topic but just follows up the last sentence of my previous post.  Not trying to hijack the thread. 

They must think Dashaun Phillips won't be able to go this week. Hope he's ok.

I think this is more about Jarrett being out now. He played in some nickel and dime situations (from what I could tell). He was playing several rolls, not just the typical safety.

Also, news is on Phillips, he may be able to practice on Wednesday. They said it was a "stinger" and all the medical testing cleared him of any real damage or injury.

Archived