Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cary Williams signs

Hoover-ball

Nah, George would have picked up a Los Angeles Ram. Tampa Bay had only been a team for a couple of years by the time he left here.

But I mean, that was 40 years ago. Sometimes you just got to let it go.

My bad: I meant Bruce Allen. George would have steered clear of any Tampa players, since they probably wouldn't have had enough "over-the-hill" experience.

Good pickup for the playoff run. I'm not sure who's gonna play nickel. Blackmon played against Beasley but he'll be going against Cobb this week. I like Blackmon but not sure he's quick enough. Cobb has had a down year but he could be a factor.

I don't trust Dunbar at nickel and Breeland is better suited to cover Jones or Adams. Williams is a vet but he never played nickel so he probably will be special teams and the 4th corner. Jarrett being out hurts.

I hope Perry can get a good game plan to stop the Packers when they go 3/4 wideouts. It will be a key.

Another cat that Scot is familiar with..  Great feeling having a GM that knows what he is doing.  In the Vinny days we would of signed another long snapper.

He's certainly not "familiar" with him, he's just a guy that a GM is doing his job on.

Williams only signed in Seattle in 2015 for way too much money, at which time GMSM was already our GM, and has no ties with Williams at all.

He's certainly not "familiar" with him, he's just a guy that a GM is doing his job on.

Williams only signed in Seattle in 2015 for way too much money, at which time GMSM was already our GM, and has no ties with Williams at all.

Ok, another gem that Scot has been keeping tabs on if needed.  Yes, doing his job as a GM should do.

He's going to be playing defensive back.

Kyshoen Jarrett is out for this week.

That really sucks. Jarrett has been a beast all year. Obviously nowhere near the level of talent but he plays a similar role in our defense to what Mathieu does for Arizona. He plays about 3-4 different positions and is even quick off the snap to rush the passer. 

That really sucks. Jarrett has been a beast all year. Obviously nowhere near the level of talent but he plays a similar role in our defense to what Mathieu does for Arizona. He plays about 3-4 different positions and is even quick off the snap to rush the passer. 

Yeah, it's got to be especially painful to be out the rest of the year when you know your team is in the playoffs and you're going to miss all of it.

Thankfully, it looks like he's got a really bright future here, so, fingers crossed it won't be his only opportunity to play in the postseason with the Skins.

I listened to Blackmon on Sportscenter after the game and he said that all the guys on the team have good chemistry and that they talk, a lot, on the field. If Williams can come in, learn, communicate, and not be a distraction, all will be good. I just hate bringing in guys that *** might *** cause a disruption in that chemistry.

Thats awesome-- Blackmon's career is actually very similar to Williams' in that they've seen success in certain schemes and been slightly abused in others.  

Blackmon has clearly exceeded all expectations here in DC and fits well in Berry's scheme.  There's no reason to think that a vet like Williams won't mesh with guys like him and DHall who are all essentially the same age and probably know each other quite well.

I love a guy who isn't afraid to jump in the mix and start some ****!!  This is a good pickup and a guy who makes us tougher at the right time of the season.

Archived