Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making a Murderer - Netflix Documentary

Dan T.

Im only three episodes in byt your telling me lenk is the one who found the key in stevens bedroom? How convenient. Why was he even allowed in there? The one deputy even said the key was not there during the first search. Crazy stuff man.

It is going to get much, much crazier. Just wait until episode 4 and 5. The end of them will leave you with your jaw on the ground.

It is going to get much, much crazier. Just wait until episode 4 and 5. The end of them will leave you with your jaw on the ground.

Couple things. This prosecuter katz is a smug jerk. How can the judge rule that the girls voicemail being opened after her disapearance is irrelavent to this case? Also this deputy colburn is shady as heck. Something stinks big time here. On to the next episode.

This is one case where I wish people would post spoilers - all of them. Cuz...I just can't sit through this anymore.  I'm totally bored listening to white trash retards yak to each other on the phone.  The teenage confession looked genuinely messed up and manipulated, but I started forwarding through most of the scenes by the third episode, and I don't think I will continue.  I guess I was hoping this might be more like The Jinx.

This is one case where I wish people would post spoilers - all of them. Cuz...I just can't sit through this anymore. I'm totally bored listening to white trash retards yak to each other on the phone. The teenage confession looked genuinely messed up and manipulated, but I started forwarding through most of the scenes by the third episode, and I don't think I will continue. I guess I was hoping this might be more like The Jinx.

Im completely opposite. I find the whole thing compelling. I cant look away lol

This is one case where I wish people would post spoilers - all of them. Cuz...I just can't sit through this anymore.  I'm totally bored listening to white trash retards yak to each other on the phone.  The teenage confession looked genuinely messed up and manipulated, but I started forwarding through most of the scenes by the third episode, and I don't think I will continue.  I guess I was hoping this might be more like The Jinx.

The show is interesting, but somewhat of a drag for me.  This could have been collapsed into a little shorter group of episodes.  I get the white trash back and forth, but lets get on with the story.

Well don't watch and don't post in the thread bro. This is what a real trial is like.  It's not Law and Order, or whatever other fictional shows are on TV.  

It's the real deal man.  It is a clear example how bad one particular law enforcement wanted someone they hated to rot in prison forever. It's clearly corrupt and sickening that the legal system can allow this to happen and turn such a blind eye to the truth.

Bottom line, we don't know if Avery had anything to do with the murder.  But its the fact that despite all the evidence pointing away from him doing it, **** magically appeared and testimonies were fabricated.  Blatantly.

Im only three episodes in byt your telling me lenk is the one who found the key in stevens bedroom? How convenient. Why was he even allowed in there? The one deputy even said the key was not there during the first search. Crazy stuff man.

Seems to be one common "Lenk" with all the evidence found in this case and the 1985 case in a way.

Its also clear as day the vial of blood was tampered with, this is such a deep cover up it scares me I mean the guy from Quantico even seems to be involved.

Things that still don't make sense to me:

1) Why is there none of Halbach's DNA anywhere but her car? You're telling me Steven and Brendan were smart enough to scrub down everything in the house and garage with bleach? Also, if the key was Halbach's, why wasn't her DNA found on the key? Does she always wear gloves when she drives?

2) The open vial of blood is just way too nuts in this case. I would have loved to hear an explanation on why the box was opened and why there was a pin hole in the vial. I don't recall anyone from the police side of things explaining why that happened.

3) The way they found the car was just way too suspicious. And why would Steven have left it on his property? And also, if he did, did he really think a little piece of plywood on top would hide it? And why not use the car compactor that was on the property? You're telling me he's smart enough to scrub away all her DNA from his house/garage, but not smart enough to use the car compactor to destroy her car?

4) If Kachinsky is still practicing law, that is an embarrassment to all lawyers in this country.

5) How was Steven guilty of 1st degree murder, but not guilty of mutilating the body? That doesn't make sense to me. Yet, Brendan was found guilty of mutilating the body.

The kicker for me about all of this (outside of the horribly bogus confession) is that the cops ran the plates on her car three days after she supposedly disappeared/died but two days before it was actually found, and we get no explanation for why that occurred.

BTW did anything come of the threat from Anonymous implying they had stolen emails that could prove corruption in the Manitowoc County government?

One of the most prevalent elements of the whole thing to me, is that the theme of the entire case is that the premise of being "innocent until proven guilty" is not only being played pretty fast and loose, but it sits so far in the favor of the state. I feel the only way that any kind of justice could be served, would be to put the folks involved with the case on the side of the state on trial for corruption. The evidence, in my opinion, seems to lead so much further in the direction of proving corruption on the part of the state than it does to prove the guilt of Avery or Brendan.

This is one case where I wish people would post spoilers - all of them. Cuz...I just can't sit through this anymore. I'm totally bored listening to white trash retards yak to each other on the phone. The teenage confession looked genuinely messed up and manipulated, but I started forwarding through most of the scenes by the third episode, and I don't think I will continue. I guess I was hoping this might be more like The Jinx.

I haven't seen the show yet, but I think I know what you're saying.

I've seen enough dateline NBCs, forensic files, etc (can't get enough of them, really) to know that sometimes, the storytellers frame the story in the most compelling way.

It's what they're supposed to do to make it interesting. It's a challenge to sort the truth from the bs filler.

And now, I've just read the 'nine things you need to know about Avery' on Yahoo and I already feel like the show left out key details in order to manipulate the audiences emotions.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/making-murderer-prosecutor-emails-us-9-reasons-steven-233447676.html

What are everyone's thoughts on the report from the New York Daily News about evidence being omitted from the case?

In the age of the internet mob, I think it's very significant to take these things into consideration with all the petition signing and stuff going around. I personally think there should be a new trial and the original prosecution should be investigated for corruption. Blow the whole thing up and do this right. I think they at least deserve that. Folks seem to forget that a documentary isn't very credible in getting the absolute truth. Objectivity is automatically out of the question with the ability to cut, edit, and tell the story from any angle you please.

I think the fact I believe some of the authorities planted evidence does not preclude him from being guilty.  I just think the evidence does point to interference from law enforcement.  I think he should have a new trial and some of the state involved should be investigated. The "confession" from brendon was shocking.  Kid had everything fed to him and it was clear he was clueless about the implications of their questioning. 

Rule #1 when dealing with the police.  Lawyer up.  Once questioning starts they are not there to help you in any way. 

I know he was a criminal/trouble maker prior to the first incorrect incarceration for sexual assault.  What is troublesome is the witch hunt by local law enforcement that appear to by all means want to put him away forever.  Now, growing up in a small town (not quite that small), I am not surprised by law enforcement and most likely other residents having a formed opinion of him and his family being bad people, criminals, etc.

That is just the way it is, even though it isn't right sometimes (e.g. just because you hit someone or stole something it doesn't mean you are a rapist or murderer).  Once you get a label like that, the grudges and finger pointing, etc. are hard to shake.  The thing about the first case that was most disturbing, was the other neighboring PD (think that was it) had already been investigating the guy that actually had committed the crime and called Avery's local law enforcement and told them flat out that they needed to look into their guy that they thought they got the wrong man.

They ignored it and the victim picked him out of a lineup after the sketch artist appeared to draw an exact sketch of his previous mug shot already on file.  Then she identified him out of the lineup with the image of him already in her head.  I'm not faulting the victim, I cannot imagine the trauma she went through.  

Turns out, it wasn't him and the other guy they were told to look into.  After he gets out, I'm sure they were all embarrassed and raging about it and went out to get him.  It was obvious.  There were too many holes in testimonies, lack of evidence, feeding his nephew a confession of guilt, etc.  

I am not saying he had zero involvement or zero knowledge of that woman being murdered.  But they couldn't prove anything, the only DNA evidence is magically found after they failed to find anything and after the LE of his county went in there unsupervised.....I'm not buying it at all.  

One thing that does not sit well is how the body got burned on his property without his knowledge.  From the pictures, looked awfully close to his home, talking about one of the pits/barrels.  But the lack of any DNA, blood, etc. where they claimed the crime happened wasn't present.  There is no way a man of his low intelligence could pull that off, imo.

One thing that does not sit well is how the body got burned on his property without his knowledge. From the pictures, looked awfully close to his home, talking about one of the pits/barrels. But the lack of any DNA, blood, etc. where they claimed the crime happened wasn't present. There is no way a man of his low intelligence could pull that off, imo.

She could have just been dumped there. The fact that avery had a bonfire that night though seems too coincidental. One thing I wished they had pushed harder on is why did colburn call in the license plate 2 days before the vehicle was found. Very sketch. I also wasnt a fan of bobby and scotts testimony. Something was off with them two

I do think that the murder happening on Halloween is not entirely insignificant. People can do some strange **** on Halloween.

One thing I wished they had pushed harder on is why did colburn call in the license plate 2 days before the vehicle was found. Very sketch. I also wasnt a fan of bobby and scotts testimony. Something was off with them two

Yeah that was odd. Colburn seemed like a deer in the headlights on the stand when they brought that up.

I've been saying all along, that regardless of Avery and Massey's guilt or innocence that the way this case was handled needs to be addressed. Obviously justice should be served for the death of Teresa Halbach. But it should also be served for the residents of Manitowac County.

Archived