Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gawker: Gun Rights Groups to Hold Fake Mass Shooting at UT This Weekend

Duckus

I'll be a stone's throw away from Austin in the area north of San Antonio.

Welcome. I moved to Austin in 2008. San Antonio is actually pretty decent. Some cool neighborhoods. Spurs games are a lot of fun. Austin is 45 mins away.

Today it was 75 degrees. :)

Welcome. I moved here in 2008. Live in Austin. San Antonio is actually pretty decent. Some cool neighborhoods.

Yeah, I flew out to San Antonio a month ago to look at apartments. The north end of San Antonio seems pretty nice, and there's no shortage of strip malls.

Today it was 75 degrees. :)

Farewell, pond hockey :(

Yeah Austin is nice and I liked San Antonio. Also liked El Paso. Kind of had an Old West cowboy feel.

As for the rest, I was stationed at Fort Hood. Killeen (also known as "Kill Each and Every N-word" locally, not making it up) is probably the most miserable place I've ever been. I rented a three room single family home with a garage and a backyard for $450 a month. That's how many people DON'T want to live there. Only place to go was Walmart, the dry cleaners or their lame ass clubs. The only time I went to a strip club in my life, some 1st Sgt, in uniform, hooked me up with a lap dance from some chick named Mercedes. I ran into her about a week later at the gas station and started rapping with her. Started telling her where my house was when I noticed she had no teeth. She defintely wasn't the only toothless ho I met there (how you have no teeth in your 20's, I don't know. And I've been dipping for 15 years). I quickly forgot my address. Some fat chick raped me when I passed out drunk--she physically dragged my unconscious ass into my bedroom, stripped me and started doing...ugh...until I woke up and threw her crying ass out--then when I tried to explain it to her cute friend who I actually liked (think Charlize Theron), who was also sporting a black eye from her husband, she smacked the **** out of me and I never saw her again. All anybody did was get drunk and fight. Then Iraq hit and the whole base shipped out. All the businesses, the dry cleaners, shut down and the only people left in the clubs were their lonely wives (so easy it was depressing. Just yuck.) So yeah, I'll drive around Texas before I drive through it. Thank God I escaped.

Also I've always told people that Dallas is basically DC with NONE of the cool **** or people. A big airport and crap else. There's a reason the First 48 films there.

Yeah, I flew out to San Antonio a month ago to look at apartments. The north end of San Antonio seems pretty nice, and there's no shortage of strip malls.

Farewell, pond hockey :(

Indoor pond hockey is fairly common....or the wheeled version.

I find ice overrated

Indoor pond hockey is fairly common....or the wheeled version.

I find ice overrated

That is not pond hockey :angry:

There's nothing quite like getting out on the pond and skating to your hearts content, and then some neighbors and some strangers show up and next thing you know, you've got an impromptu hockey game going on that lasts 4 hours.  Bring out some beers and then hide them when some other nosey neighbors call the cops on you because technically you're not supposed to be on the ice, but then your friend who's playing with you is a cop and he convinces is fellow blues to look the other way.

Fortunately there's still ice hockey as apparently the only ice rink within a 50 mile radius is right in the area I'm looking to live.

I'd much rather play in a pond than on it.

add

This is a positive walk to protest gun free killing zones and this page will maintain a positive response. You do not like what we are promoting please start your own walk and demonstrations on how you plan on saving lives in your gun free king zones. This is NOT about open carrying, this IS about my/our children’s safety on school property that WE are paying for.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gun-rights-groups-to-stage-fake-mass-shooting-on-tx-campus-to-protest-gun-free-zones/

First thought I had.  Today's Wednesday.  Plenty of time for a couple of nutjobs (of any race, color, or religion) anywhere in the country to travel down to TX in time for Saturday's festivities.  

I am offended at the notion we need to import nutjobs here, particularly in the Capitol area.  :P

I'm just curious what exactly this is supposed to solve/address. So far, all I see is "We love America". I also find it surprising that they hold this on the same campus where the bell tower shootings took place.

But hey, can't expect some people to show even a little bit of human decency

You see the rights of shooters and murderers are being threatened. They want to celebrate the God given right of the individual to massacre innocents.

I'm just curious what exactly this is supposed to solve/address. So far, all I see is "We love America". I also find it surprising that they hold this on the same campus where the bell tower shootings took place.

I'll quote The Shawshank Redemption for this one:  "You have to be human, first. They don't qualify"

It's demagoguery and placating of humanity's basest instincts to keep them in the GOP fold. Encouraging and abetting this type of behavior is the political equivalent of letting your 4 year old eat ice cream for dinner.

You see the rights of shooters and murderers are being threatened. They want to celebrate the God given right of the individual to massacre innocents.

I thought that was the gun control and gun-free zone folk

Ya'll are hillarious

not curious enough to look?

funny thing about that bell tower, back then ya could go to ya truck and get yer rifle and give the shooter a taste of his own medicine.

No one has given me a satisfactory answer of how, in the event of another active shooter, law enforcement arriving on the scene will distinguish between the lawful shooter and the criminal shooter. Shoot first and let Christian God sort them out?

Keep in mind these are the same people that will be able to separate Christian Syrian refugees from regular Syrian refugees. Because, they'll just know.

No one has given me a satisfactory answer of how, in the event of another active shooter, law enforcement arriving on the scene will distinguish between the lawful shooter and the criminal shooter. Shoot first and let Christian God sort them out?

No. You only shoot the Muslims. Duh.

Archived