Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gawker: Gun Rights Groups to Hold Fake Mass Shooting at UT This Weekend

Duckus

they ran the mock shooting twice at a surprise location before the cops showed up.....no word on how many mock victims

http://m.chron.com/about/article/ut-austin-texas-dildos-mass-farting-fart-protest-6694231.php

the student counter protesters made farting noises and waved their dongs at the announced location

I'm sure a good time was had by all  :rolleyes:

they ran the mock shooting twice at a surprise location before the cops showed up.....no word on how many mock victims

http://m.chron.com/about/article/ut-austin-texas-dildos-mass-farting-fart-protest-6694231.php

the student counter protesters made farting noises and waved their dongs at the announced location

I'm sure a good time was had by all  :rolleyes:

Well that's a...uh, novel way to protest, I suppose.

See, I have a total logic problem with this. You say someone shot three times and your instinct was to freeze. You became momentarily paralyzed and then everyone including you scattered in all directions trying to get to safety.

All that seems reasonable, but what you wrote after doesn't follow. You believe if you had a gun on you and the shooter had murderous intent you wouldn't have frozen and that a lane would have magically opened up for you... Or that you would have waited for a 30 foot clean corridor to open up to take him out.

I don't buy it. I believe you'd like to imagine this is what you'd do or how it'd play out, but you told us how you reacted and what kind of chaos you were in.

Maybe you'd have hit the shooter, probably that open lane doesn't open up and god forbid you add to the body count or the police already there see you taking out your gun, aim it, and take you out.

At any rate, the problem I have with these scenarios is they are fantasies. We've seen trained marines fall in these situations.

It'd be great if there was a Hawkeye or Lone Ranger there who with a single shot could disarm the bad guy, but there's a reason it never happens outside a Hollywood script.

I don't think you fully understand the situation as it occurred. That may have been due to lack of details which is my fault, which is fine. Let me clarify.

I never moved. Actually, two of my friends didn't move either. After about 3 seconds after the last shot rang out, we were watching the shooter blend in with the other bystanders running away and we began trying to help two people in the immediate vicinity who'd been trampled. One woman ended up with a broken collarbone and the other dude looked like he had a concussion.

So my instinct was immediately to freeze, then try to help. I never ran, and even though everyone else beside maybe a half dozen people in the immediate area did, it never actually crossed my mind. Which pissed off my family to no end, because I was seen on the news standing around with my friends when they reported on what happened.

No magical corridor would've needed to open up. If the shooter never moved from the spot he shot in the air from, in 1-2 seconds he would've been completely alone in an expanding circle as everyone close to him ran in every direction. I didn't have a gun on me and the shooter ran immediately, so of course I don't know how it would've played out and I never claimed I did. But if he was shooting people, or someone trained to handle a gun was in my exact spot, they'd have to be a pretty ****ty shot to miss from that angle and distance. The stage was in a field facing these stone raised steps. The shooter was closer to the stage but farther to the left of it. I was more dead center of the stage, but back up about two of the stone steps. So even with the people running no one was actually running past that I could've been knocked down or trampled, or were blocking my field of vision.

As I said, it wasn't your typical situation at a shooting. And thank God the idiot wasn't trying to kill anyone that day, but considering they never caught him and his temperament, I'd be surprised if he didn't kill anyone at some point afterwards. I just recall a situation, where someone legally carrying and not in a panic could've made a difference if necessary. I am not advocating for either of these partisan views, so I could care less whether those too deep in their arguments care to think outside their self-imposed boxes.

I applaud your instinct to help. Stopping to rescue people in that chaos was a great thing to do. So many only think of themselves or worse their brains turn off entirely and it's all animal instinct. I don't know what would have happened if the guy decided he wanted to kill something other than light bulbs. Like you, I'm glad not to find out. It's far better to argue theory than live it. 

I've been around a couple shooting instances too (though not quite as close as you.) In my case, I heard the shots and it was happening outside the Mall I was in so I had a few walls between me and the event. A mass shooting is not something I ever want to be a part of. So, the answer to the question hopefully remains unknown for both of us. 

Thanks for taking the argument as you did.

Correct me if I am incorrect please.

Doesn't California have more gang members than most of the Country combined ?

No....Per capita they might , but total # in whole country no...Texas is in the running,certainly south Texas and southern Cali are infested.

why do you ask?

No....Per capita they might , but total # in whole country no...Texas is in the running,certainly south Texas and southern Cali are infested.

why do you ask?

Per capita would be what I am talking about in this instance.

Someone was mentioning CA laws as something special.

Many gang members have firearms.

Archived