Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

5 hours ago, twa said:

Mexico has asked the United Nations for assistance with the migrant caravan knocking on its border, saying international officials must help figure out who deserves asylum and who should be deported or refused entry.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/18/mexico-asks-un-help-honduran-migrant-caravan/

In a perfect world, I think this is something the UN should be helping with.  It is certainly a global issue.  But in the real world, I think the UN is about as useless as our Congress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He really could save himself, his supporters, and all of us a lot of trouble and just say "SCARY BROWN PEOPLE ARE COMING!". It would change nothing but at least it would be honest. His supporters would still lap it up from the trough, his sycophants in congress would still not really condemn it, and we already know he's a racist so it would hardly change our opinion on that.

Edited by mistertim

This migrant caravan is perfect for Trump and Co right before elections. Fits perfectly into the "they will invade our borders if Dems get control" narrative.

image.png.1bee456917900f5968a67343236e7257.png

"Asylum" is not a right. im sorry. A Honduran citizen, standing in Mexico has no rights in the United States of America.

Asylum is for people in Iraq or Syria or some war torn country where a person is prosecuted bc of their race, religion, etc .... this caravan just want us to open the door and let them in because ..... why? Because the quality of life in Honduras is poor? Sorry, that doesnt qualify you for asylum.

If you want a better life in the US, you have to go through the legal immigration process.

If Honduras is so crappy .. why are you making it a point to carry and wave the Honduras flags as part of your caravan? The Honduras govt would have to be politically persecuting you with imminent harm ... so why the hell would you be waving and cheering for the very flag you are you supposedly running away from?

You dont qualify for asylum, you just want an open border ... Dems need to speak out against this. let them come, let them wait and wait at the border while we process the "asylum" request on a case by case basis. I believe the last caravan did have a small percent qualify under asylum.