Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

You guys have at it... I don't even care with your obtuse agenda.  So, I am out.  It is really hard to have any conversation here other than films, TV, and games... certainly not a football conversation.

Edit: or a meaningful one.

I realize you're out, but what's our "obtuse agenda?"

I realize you're out, but what's our "obtuse agenda?"

Fact-based discussion?

And who is "you guys"? The Christian churches, the Jews, the secularists? Or simply anyone who thinks existing methods of screening refugees already does a pretty good job based on the evidence, and balances security with humanitarian needs.

• Like 4

It's ****ing embarrassing.

World leader huh?

World leader in dropping bombs and sending off out soldiers in harms way.

But no ****s given by some of the same politicians on how we welcome back those soldiers into society or the humanitarian support we give to people from the war torn countries.

World leader in dropping bombs and sending off out soldiers in harms way.

But no ****s given by some of the same politicians on how we welcome back those soldiers into society or the humanitarian support we give to people from the war torn countries.

Oh they care, but only when they can use it to drive home their agenda

• Like 2

You guys have at it... I don't even care with your obtuse agenda.  So, I am out.  It is really hard to have any conversation here other than films, TV, and games... certainly not a football conversation.

Edit: or a meaningful one.

you say this EVERY TIME...but here you are....in yet another political thread.

As I've said, I don't mind a small number. But my question is for the ones that want to completely open the door, how many is too many? What's a good number to allow? How do you redistribute across the country? And is it possible to also do the same for our own and through what avenues?

• Like 1

Perhaps the gov't should introduce a program where as those that aren't opposed to bringing the immigrants? What would that be?

Allowing people to open their homes to the refugees and funding it accordingly.

I wonder how many of these folks would do just that? My money is on them singing a different tune and not being so welcoming.

Edited by KingGibbs

Perhaps the gov't should introduce a program where as those that aren't opposed to bringing the immigrants? What would that be?

I wonder how many of these folks would do just that? My money is on.tune singing a different time and not being so welcoming.

Sure. Or I wouldn't be opposed to having a shelter set up and volunteering to help the people.

Though, I fail to see what that has to be with being humane

I wonder how many of these folks would do just that? My money is on.them singing a different time and not being so welcoming.

Refugees don't go and live with random families.  Who told you that's how it works?  We put them up, in their own lodging, for a very limited time and then they're responsible for themselves.  

I wonder how many of these folks would do just that? My money is on them singing a different tune and not being so welcoming.

Are you going to be housing homeless veterans too, or nah?

• Like 1

Let em pile on me steve... it's funny and so uninformed.  I stated my case, but I am not responding to liberal propaganda here that will be the end of us all.

There is not even a moderate road here with some of these guys.  If you have to ask?  Yeah YOU!  :)

Just let them make fun of me until the next huge attack in the UK, France, Russia, Germany, or our own country.

FO4 is a real fun game until we play it in real life... 

I think we established that it wasn't a big number. I think, for 2016, the number was around what would fill two big-time college football stadiums. 

What are we talking here? Total refugees? Last year we're brought in 70,000 refugees. Think they would all still fit in the tarped off version of FedEx. Total Syrian refugees? Looking at about 10,000.

Let em pile on me steve... it's funny and so uninformed.  I stated my case, but I am not responding to liberal propaganda here that will be the end of us all.

There is not even a moderate road here with some of these guys.  If you have to ask?  Yeah YOU!   :)

Just let them make fun of me until the next huge attack in the UK, France, Russia, Germany, or our own country.

FO4 is a real fun game until we play it in real life... 

How'd you get internet in your bunker?

• Like 1

As I've said, I don't mind a small number. But my question is for the ones that want to completely open the door, how many is too many? What's a good number to allow? How do you redistribute across the country? And is it possible to also do the same for our own and through what avenues?

I think these are valid questions. There is certainly a number that is too big. Right now, Turkey is hosting (I believe) over 2 million Syrian refugees that are children. That type of number could be crippling just in terms of logistics. How do you feed them, house them, care for them? It would take a tremendous infrastructure to support even if we do it in the tent city fashion that Turkey is managing. Mind you, I feel a bit embarrassed saying that there is something Turkey can afford to do economically that we couldn't.

Still, the numbers we are balking at are nowhere near the numbers other nations are taking in.

I think all are agreed that there should be a vetting system, there should be caps, and we should not neglect our own. Mind you, I wish most were focused on our own homeless and vets prior to this. I worked with a volunteer organization for five years serving recovering soldiers and their families and the needs were immense. The holes in the safety nets are too big. The bureaucracy is often too inefficient.

The above, while it applies to soldiers, marines, and sailors, also brings up a valid concern about refugees. We can't simply let them in. Even if they're not a danger we have to have the supports, people, and materials ready for them. That said, to turn them away because of fear is also not good. 

Look at the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees now living in European countries as well as being harbored in Middle Eastern ones. How much of a rise in terrorism have they seen? Paris was horrible and unforgivable, but it does not tell the entire story nor does it tell the story of the typical Syrian refugee.

• Like 1