Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

How soon he forgets Fort Hood. Or was that guy not labeled (or considered) a terrorist?

Yeah, I saw a Facebook post with that guys image saying "This guy was properly vetted and claimed he loved America."

No false equivalencies on that one right? Sigh.

I love love love how the right is rallying around the veterans now. It's like they got their cheat sheet all at the same time ala duke basketball fans.

It's the same in the Campaign thread with folks butthurt about Obama calling out GOP candidates. Talking points are distributed via Fox/Limbaugh/The Blaze, they always take a sorta passive-aggressive, victimhood type of stance and then are repeated ad nauseous on a 24 hour cycle.

The core message is always this..."nothing can be done,so do nothing. Because if we try to do something, we will always make it worse because everyone in DC is an idiot. Also, political pundits are never wrong."

Hilarious and sad.

Yeah, I saw a Facebook post with that guys image saying "This guy was properly vetted and claimed he loved America."

No false equivalencies on that one right? Sigh.

There were so many warning signs with the Fort Hood shooter that were completely ignored.  He was saying and doing crazy stuff at work but no one would do anything.  He was telling troops to convert to Islam, that he was going to avenge the deaths in the War or Terror, etc. 

Thread is full of liberal poop.  Maybe all this poop can be manufactured into a great big poop bomb to get something done, as in close our borders to refugees until they are properly vetted and expel all illegal and undocumented aliens.

They live among us as already.  We better be vigilant or we will face another 9/11.

Great way to stir the poop pot Burgold (sp?)  and I am not buying your mushroom book as it probably full of what is in this poop pot :)

Seriously though, we must have highly increased border security and internal security because we will not come out of this unscathed in this global climate of nonsense.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2015/11/17/tennessee-gop-leader-round-up-syrian-refugees-remove-state/75936660/

Tennessee GOP leader: Round up Syrian refugees, remove from state

A top Tennessee Republican lawmaker believes the time has come for the National Guard to round up any Syrian refugees who have recently settled in the state and to stop any additional Syrian refugees from entering Tennessee.

"We need to activate the Tennessee National Guard and stop them from coming in to the state by whatever means we can," said House GOP Caucus Chairman Glen Casada, R-Franklin, referencing refugees.

"I’m not worried about what a bureaucrat in D.C. or an unelected judge thinks. ... We need to gather (Syrian refugees) up and politely take them back to the ICE center and say, 'They’re not coming to Tennessee, they’re yours.' "

Much more at link.

Thread is full of liberal poop.  Maybe all this poop can be manufactured into a great big poop bomb to get something done, as in close our borders to refugees until they are properly vetted and expel all illegal and undocumented aliens.

They live among us as already.  We better be vigilant or we will face another 9/11.

Great way to stir the poop pot Burgold (sp?)  and I am not buying your mushroom book as it probably full of what is in this poop pot :)

Seriously though, we must have highly increased border security and internal security because we will not come out of this unscathed in this global climate of nonsense.

1) How are they not properly vetted? We've accepted over 2,000 Syrian refugees over the last 3 years. We accepted 70,000 refugees just last year. No Excuses posted a chart showing the amount of arrests of refugees for domestic terror since 9/11. Spoiler: ZERO have been arrested.

2) It's an 18-24 month process for refugees to come here. They first have to apply to the UN to even become a refugee. Then, the UN decides who qualifies to become a refugee. They are then recommend to other countries for resettlement. After that, the US runs multiple checks from the DoD, DoS, DHS, and FBI. The refugees meet with a member of the DHS for multiple interviews and the DHS person decides whether or not they get to come into the US.

This isn't some process where people from Syria are just showing up at the door and saying let us in. It's a very stringent process they have to go through and by all accounts, the current process seems to be working pretty well.

Our 

We're not going to come out of this unscathed regardless.   You really naive enough to think we could?  

I'm curious what sort of "internal security" you suggest we need?

Me naive?  Nah.  We need more intelligence gathering and fusion.  We should vastly expand the Patriot Act  or other new legislation for collection and processing.  We should also partner more than ever with foreign governments and share information.

Information is our most important war.

Me naive?  Nah.  We need more intelligence gathering and fusion.  We should vastly expand the Patriot Act  or other new legislation for collection and processing.  We should also partner more than ever with foreign governments and share information.

And you're convinced by what, that we aren't doing that now?  The plethora of attacks on our homeland during the last 7 years?

Not to suggest that we shouldn't always try to acquire more and better intelligence.  I agree with that.  I don't agree that it comes from spying on ourselves.

Edited by KAOSkins

Is this dude some sort of spambot, just cutting and pasting from YouTube comments or something?

• Like 2

I think one of the great and ridiculous notions is that we have to close our borders and carefully vet these refugees to prevent terrorists from getting into the country. Ask yourself a simple question, over the past year, how many 1,000's illegally crossed the border to gain entry into America?

If a terrorist wants into America they can come in. Since 9/11 we have done precious little to secure our borders in any meaningful way. So, the fear is based really on a mask and a lie. If they want in it's pretty easy to get in from Mexico. It's done every day. If they want to arm themselves once in America, we make it as easy as humanly possible for them to do so.

The process of vetting those applying for refugee status is already ongoing. The resistance to helping these people is based in irrational fear, but more hatred of "other."

In other words, those wanting to deny the ideal of the Statue of Liberty are using reasoning that's full of poop.

• Like 1

If a terrorist wants into America they can come in. Since 9/11 we have done precious little to secure our borders in any meaningful way. So, the fear is based really on a mask and a lie. If they want in it's pretty easy to get in from Mexico. It's done every day. If they want to arm themselves once in America, we make it as easy as humanly possible for them to do so.

I'm going to take you to task on this one.  For one of my fellow dems to go to the secure the border thing strikes too close to the other sides argument that we should use the money for homeless vets.  It's a bit disingenuous unless you've been arguing for a border wall which I don't think you have been.  I certainly haven't.  

Being a resident of a free country in this world comes with some risk.  We should minimize it but we can't eliminate it.

PS - I LOVE THE SIG!

Edited by KAOSkins

I'm going to take you task on this one.  For one of my fellow dems to go to the secure the border thing strikes too close to the other sides argument that we should use the money for homeless vets.  It's a bit disingenuous unless you've been arguing for a border wall which I don't think you have been.  I certainly haven't.  

Being a resident of a free country in this world comes with some risk.  We should minimize it but we can't eliminate it.

PS - I LOVE THE SIG!

I didn't mean it in that way, but just wanted to reveal the emperor's clothes. If we want to be serious about terrorism then one of the areas we do need to look at is border security... and we haven't. Now, I think that in a free country we need to accept a certain amount of risk. I also think that this country needs to be welcoming of immigrants and many of its greatest achievements in industry, innovation, and culture have been built upon the backs, sweat, and genius of immigrants.

But I think it's dishonest to say that by denying refugees a safe harbor as we did with Jews in WWII, as we did with Hatians, and as many are wanting to do today that it is about safety. It's about the illusion. It's about the lies, fear, and hatred of other.

Thanks for the kind words about the sig. Hopefully, it attracts a little curiosity. After all, chances are if you don't buy my book you can not be a true Redskins' fan. You're just a Philly fan in disguise ;)

• Like 1

When the dust settles from this debacle, I don't think you're going to be able to overstate just how damaging the last few days have been to the Republican brand.

There's a Republican 'brand?'

Huh. The rest of the World just looks on the GOP as a party dead on its feet full of incompetent, agenda driven buffoons completely out of touch with the rest of society/ reality followed by (Fox news driven) people that (apologies in advance to any Republicans on these here boards. I love you all dearly. Honestly. :P) disturbingly walk among us.  :ph34r:.

But that's for another thread. 

Hail.