Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIF Breakdown: Cousins' Final Interception to Grant

thehbrwhammer

The DB wasnt really aligned inside Grant, so much as directly over him, Grant ran the route slanted towards the outside, which if he was planning to go outside would be a TERRIBLE way to run the route and thus cut down on room, instead indicating he was merely running a hitch. Second, the idea that Grant "realized cousins read it differently and tried to correct his path" is a bit absurd, the ball was half way there by the time he turned around, he had no time to do anything but make a desperate lunge, and he had already slipped by that point. He didnt slip "when he tried to correct his path". Grant ran a hitch, Kirk threw it outside, as Grant said it was supposed to go to his back shoulder, he slipped, Cousins threw it way too far outside, interception, touchdown. Based on all we know if Grant doesnt slip, its still a pick, though probably not a TD.

I'm not sure you have any idea what you're talking about. Grant turned around and saw the ball going outside of him. You mean to tell me that isn't a pretty good indicator that he and Cousins read it differently?

C'mon.

It was a stop route. Not a hitch.

What's Grant supposed to say? The coach initially blamed him. Cousins initially blamed him. Cousins supporters like Cooley blame him. The most important facts are the defensive back read Kirk's eyes the entire way and broke immediately to catch a wide throw.

Yeah do you really expect Grant to come out and say "Huh? No way, it wasn't my fault"? He was thrown under the bus by pretty much everyone and took it like a champ. Better to just go with it and move on.

Wow, you dudes are still at it? LOL, I like this place so much better when the redskins win. Enjoy this very meaningful determination of blame.

Its a football discussion. Breaking down a play and seeing what went wrong. I think there's "blame" for it on both sides, Grant and Cousins saw two different things; seems like Grant went with what he was seeing post snap and Cousins was going based on what he had seen pre-snap and because of the pressure pretty much just threw it blind. The DB was pretty much baiting him and that in addition to the blitz made it a successful bait. He said in an interview that he basically knew exactly what Cousins was going to do on a 3 step drop.

Wow, you dudes are still at it?LOL, I like this place so much better when the redskins win. Enjoy this very meaningful determination of blame.

Agree. I've forgotten about last weeks game since Tuesday.

The new week started tonight with Atl/NO on.

Continuing to discuss one play for 5 days straight is ridiculous.

What if Cousins had said "we'll take the ball and win" after the coin flip and then threw a pick six! Could you imagine if that happened? A qb that did that would be made fun of forever and probably never play again.

Or play into his 40s...that was the ****iest thing ive ever seen to this day. Now ****y is filtered? What?! thats not a swear word...it means arrogant.

Wow, you dudes are still at it? LOL, I like this place so much better when the redskins win. Enjoy this very meaningful determination of blame.

Hey, I'm fine with the discussion as long as it's thoughtful and meaningful analysis of the actual play. If it's just "KIRK SUX!!!" or "RYAN GRANT SUX!!!" then yea, it would be time to move on.

Hey, I'm fine with the discussion as long as it's thoughtful and meaningful analysis of the actual play. If it's just "KIRK SUX!!!" or "RYAN GRANT SUX!!!" then yea, it would be time to move on.

Can't they both sux? Or both be awesome? I'm good with either.

I would have respected Grant much more if he had come out and said "looool I r Teh suxorz at teh routez!11!"

Stuff happens.  The only thing that matters at this point is the team is fully supportive of Kirk as the starter.  Let him have a full season to do his best and then the GM can make the appropriate decisions.  If he doesn't improve by the end of the season then he's at best a caretaker until the team improves enough overall to support a new one.

The fact that fans actually care about a OT pick six is a huge change from last year.  It used to be "whatever" if anyone even bothered to watch on TIVO.  This counts as progress in Redskins land.

The fact that fans actually care about a OT pick six is a huge change from last year. It used to be "whatever" if anyone even bothered to watch on TIVO. This counts as progress in Redskins land.

You know, there's a lot of truth to this. I almost get the sense that the team is getting punished for having the audacity to provide us hope. Of course, most of that punishment is directed at the HC and QB as it always is.

It might benefit some to revisit games like the first Eagles game, first Cowboys game, 49ers and Chiefs' games in 2013, as well as the first Giants game, Bucs, and Rams' games last season just for some perspective.

Just feel like there's way more outrage from fans than there should be. It's arguable there shouldn't be any at all... team is ahead of what most prognosticators would've assumed before the season.

All I know is, this is the first season since 2012 that I'm really enjoying watching the team play. I hope they don't regress, these injuries are certainly taking a toll. This is the first time in a long time where I feel like they can actually overcome them, though.

The fact that fans actually care about a OT pick six is a huge change from last year.  It used to be "whatever" if anyone even bothered to watch on TIVO.  This counts as progress in Redskins land.

Seriously?  It would have been national news, on every outlet, for the week.  Hell, the "last year" coach may have called out, whomever, publicly in the media.  While this is a welcome change, get real.  How soon we forget....hail

You know, there's a lot of truth to this. I almost get the sense that the team is getting punished for having the audacity to provide us hope. Of course, most of that punishment is directed at the HC and QB as it always is.

It might benefit some to revisit games like the first Eagles game, first Cowboys game, 49ers and Chiefs' games in 2013, as well as the first Giants game, Bucs, and Rams' games last season just for some perspective.

Just feel like there's way more outrage from fans than there should be. It's arguable there shouldn't be any at all... team is ahead of what most prognosticators would've assumed before the season.

All I know is, this is the first season since 2012 that I'm really enjoying watching the team play. I hope they don't regress, these injuries are certainly taking a toll. This is the first time in a long time where I feel like they can actually overcome them, though.

Actually one of the reasons I'm really enjoying watching this team this year is because I can tell its in capable long term hands with SM. I can see the way he's shaping the attitude and culture here already. The players are buying in more, they are playing hard every second and you can tell they all care about winning. Its an obvious and refreshing change. Its also nice watching our D actually not suck and seeing guys used to their strengths. Sure, we're not great but our D is solid and has flashes of being outstanding. The offense is pretty boring right now but I can live with it. When I can tell all the guys on the field give a **** about the game it actually makes me give more of a ****.

Archived