Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins at Giants (write-up) is

JimmiJo

Like, I assume, everybody else, I'm nervous about what Eli can do to our secondary. 

The good news is, there's things we can to, to help mask our secondary. 

Like keep the ball away from the Giants.  That would sure help. 

And I do think that our power, up front, means that we don't have to send as many blitzes as we used to have to do. 

So there's factors that can help them out. 

NFLN pre-game just broke away from making love to the Giants in their reports to discuss the Redskins. Ready for this? They discussed "The Future of RGIII." OMFG! That lasted less than a minute and they returned to Michael "The Tweaker" Irvin for a positive report on Odell Beckham Jr. WOOOOOHOOOO!!!   /PUKE

Tunnel vision,  We've been in the cellar for years.  Stare fixedly at the guy across the line from you, and focus on the next play. 

wow watched the nfl network show and in 30 min only one mention of the Redskins, and that was about RGIII and he ain't even active.   Don't know why I bother to watch those. 

Well, Bob was probably the only Redskin they talked to. 

(The rest of the team was getting ready for the game.)  :)

AAAALLLLLRIGHTY NOW !!

Got my bottles chilled and ready.

Champagne [ win ]

Everclear [ loss ]

Even by the very small chance they do not win tonight, I want to see tough physical hard-nosed football. Just don't make bone-headed plays.

BUT, its useless typing; WINNING is on the agenda tonight for the Skins, a coming-out party for Jones and Cousins, to show the world we've turned the corner, flipped the page, fueled up the tanks, and are ready to rock-n-****ing-roll !

Even by the very small chance they do not win tonight, I want to see tough physical hard-nosed football.

I think that's a safe bet.

Win or lose, the Giants are gonna know that these aren't last year's Redskins. (If they haven't noticed that, already.)

I am nervous for the first time in a long time. I think tonight will tell us a lot about what kind of progress we have really made. I legitimately think we can win this game and have a chance to actually dominate.

If we play tough and don't beat ourselves but still lose I don't think I can be too mad. If we revert back to the team we have seen for the last 20 years I might be playing golf next Sunday...  :lol:

Happy Riley's out and Compton will get the start. Had he had a fully healthy pe-season, I'd of taken Will to win the job outright. 

Riley's not had a bad start, but like the rest of the D I'm not jumping on the band wagon with the plaudits until we play a decent O/ QB. This is the first proper test of Barry for me. 

My only argument to this is that Barry, at least so far, has shown to be very adept at using his players to their strengths. While I think Compton's overall game, especially sideline to sideline and in coverage may be better, I think Riley is the better player moving forward against the run and rushing the passer. Barry plays to that and has the defense in sync and Riley has looked great fitting into that puzzle. 

Now, perhaps with Compton in it'll adjust and go off with no hitches. We'll see. But I can't exactly say we're not a better defense with Riley given how he's played his role so well in the first two weeks. 

I hope we come out and punch New York in the mouth tonight. 300 yards on the ground. LEGGO

So far what I've seen of the NFL network pregame it's all about the other team.

Seriously I get that it's a home game for them, but... heh.

This kind of thing can't start to run its course soon enough.

Nice write up JimmiJo as usual.  I like your defense of our Send Off Team.  

Thanks for the inspiration.

Speaking of inspiring....

aliasscherffsmithandjones_zps4huskwnm.jp

...Alias Scherff Smith and Jones

now

lets_rock_zpsbx30w381.jpg

...let's rock...

velocet

NFLN pre-game just broke away from making love to the Giants in their reports to discuss the Redskins. Ready for this? They discussed "The Future of RGIII." OMFG! That lasted less than a minute and they returned to Michael "The Tweaker" Irvin for a positive report on Odell Beckham Jr. WOOOOOHOOOO!!!   /PUKE

Dude, why are watching it?

I changed the channel five minutes into it when it was obvious to me it was going to be a New York Giant love fest.

Don't waste your time.

The CSN Kickoff show is on now.

Dude, why are watching it?

I changed the channel five minutes into it when it was obvious to me it was going to be a New York Giant love fest.

Don't waste your time.

The CSN Kickoff show is on now.

It actually motivates me! Gets me prepared for the game. :)

Archived