Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

a bit of text, first, forgive me

this is one of my favorite renditions of a favorite song since i was a kid (i'm not posting the song for any "added drama" message re: these viral daze, it just still hits me, cornball as it may be, as inspirational and energizing)

when i was a young'un in the great white north, daniel boone w/fess parker was one of my fave tv shows---boone actually became my nickname cuz of my loving the show and i had a big hunting knife my uncle gave me when i was 10 that i wore when i went a few blocks down the street and into the woods all the time ,usually with my bow too and often a huge german shepherd named yukon...i had a 45 lb draw bear tigercat that i still own and was pretty proficient with it at 13 years old

anyhow, one of my fave characters on that show was mingo, back when the term "indian' was far more commonly used in general than "native american" and the actor was ed ames who was also a member of famous singing group popular in my mom's eras---the ames brothers

now i had already been a redskins fans for a few years when the show began and liked playing "the indian" anytime it was cowboys and indians becuase i thought indians just had a cooler skill set and lifestyle than cowboys most of the time, and generally thought they'd been wronged as a people by the white man (i was a strange child according to witnesses)...so when i saw ed sing this song on the andy williams show one night, i thought it was aweosme and it charged me up and that set in deep enough to last