Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

well hell almost forgot...one of my major heartthrobs back in the day (such good times)...and...urrr....omg....she turns 69 today...holy ****...

rare recording taken off an old laser disc of a documentary...actual performance starts at 3:45 in, but interesting lead-up material...

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:33 PM, Jumbo said:

well hell almost forgot...one of my major heartthrobs back in the day (such good times)...and...urrr....omg....she turns 69 today...holy ****...

Stevie Nicks

So, I guess you might know the story behind this first one. Stevie Nicks helping out on backup vocals on a song about ..... Stevie Nicks.

Have to admit, I've always liked this song. The combination of the sort of doo-wop verses and then the chorus comes crashing in like a wave. The really high notes you hear during the chorus are being played by Lindsay Buckingham on a toy piano about a foot tall and a foot and a half wide. Works perfectly, and gives the chorus a really bright sound. Egan said he wrote this song driving home through the hills of California, after a late night in the studio with your girl Stevie.

( She was beautiful. Especially at that time.)

• Like 2