Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: #Redskins Training Camp August 7th UPDATED pics

HapHaszard

20185095188_34d7f2fc1e_o_zpsxcueuklc.jpg

Good morning, I'm HapHaszard, along with Spaceman Spiff, here in Richmond covering training camp.

Today there is only one practice the joint morning session, the afternoon walk thru has been cancelled.

Its a balmy 73 degrees here this morning with some heavy clouds, hopefully any rain will hold off until practice is over.  We are looking forward to seeing some improvement from the team now that they have practiced against the Texans once, had a chance to look at film and determine what they need to do to improve.  I am curious to see if Scherff is still at right guard or if he shifts back to right tackle.

Today's practice started with Special Teams punting drills.  Redskins vs Texans, I notice that Way's punts were higher and farther than either of the Texans punters.

20364658532_9345b3bb70_o_zpsw66noxhv.jpg

Running  back drills (vs Texans)

Matt Jones had a nice run up the middle, distance didn't count whistle blows when they are beyond the line of scrimmage.

Silas Redd also had a nice run up the middle

Chris Thompson was stuffed his first try, but did much better on his second time

First 11-11 Redskins offense

Highlights of first series  Morris stuffed in backfield and RGIII sacked.

Settled down and played better after that.

The next drill I watched was  1 on 1 linemen  Redskins only, after each drill or series with the Texans they would split up and drill against themselves.

20364484082_8ef570b7b5_o_zps2hhjw3lo.jpg

Blocking drills vs Texans

4 offensive linemen on the line vs Texan's defensive line, the defensive guys would try to get to the QB while the Oline guys would block them

Colfield's first series he got put on his tail, but made up for it in the rest of the drill, did a good job after that first series.

Scherff allowed a sack on one of his series but held his own on all the others.

Moses looked very good.

Spencer Long looked very good on all his series.

11-11 Redskins Offense VS Texans Defense

The second set off 11 on 11  was highlighted by a big run by Matt Jones to the left side.

McCoy with the 3rd team had a very nice deep pass to Evan Spencer.

Jordan Reed had a diving try at a catch off his fingertips if it had been up a little would have been a big gain

Practice ended with Redzone drills vs Texans

First Team Alfred Morris had a 9 yard run on first down, 2nd down a pass to Garcon for a td in the left corner of the endzone on a fade route.

Third team Matt Jones 3 yards on first, 2nd QB sneak for TD by Colt, for some reason they decided it wasn't, so on 3rd down a pass to Chris Thompson for a TD.

This is the end of Training camp for me, I've enjoyed being here and grateful to Extremeskins for giving me this opportunity to spend some time with the team.

20364678272_5ed6225872_o_zpsjxhpi5rl.jpg

Photos by Spaceman Spiff. 

The rest of Extremeskins exclusive photos from today are available on the [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/extremeskins/sets/72157656851085036/]ES Photo Album[/url] 

TK...I am the biggest Calvin and Hobbes fan in the world....but who is the IMPOSTER?!!?

:)

No imposter he is real and he is all mighty with a massive camera lens.

Evan Royster?  Did I miss something?  Is he back?

Evan Spencer maybe?

You are correct, had a flashback to the evil old days, I have corrected it. :)

Hey Hap, 

I heard on The Drive that fans were constantly chanting "Throw the ball" when Griffin was in the pocket, something like 4+ seconds he was holding onto the ball for, you hear any of that or they blowing it really out of proportion?

Awesome work once again, thanks for the updates here and in the Twitter thread!

Hey Hap, 

I heard on The Drive that fans were constantly chanting "Throw the ball" when Griffin was in the pocket, something like 4+ seconds he was holding onto the ball for, you hear any of that or they blowing it really out of proportion?

Awesome work once again, thanks for the updates here and in the Twitter thread!

The longest I counted was 3 seconds and that was ok because he had good line work, most were around 2 to 2.5 seconds,  I was on the sidelines in front of the crowd, never heard any chants like that.  I did not time every throw but the ones I did he was around that range, and the others I didn't time looked to be about the same. Bear in mind I'm old and feeble these days so my timing might be off by .1 sec or so since I was using my cell phone.  Its possible that it happened on the 7 on 7's since I was watching the O line drills at that time, I noticed on 7 on 7's all the QB's took longer since they didn't worry about pressure.  That applied to both teams.

I saw RG3 step up in a collapsing pocket today and make a nice throw to Garcon.  

I'm excited as hell about Junior Galette.  I know there's a lot of off-field stuff that's surrounding him but watching him work today and taking those photos was pretty awesome.  There was a group of LBs working on those tackling dummies, they moved on but Galette stayed to work one on one with the coach.  I couldn't quite hear what they were saying but I heard a few "yes sir" "no sir" answers from Galette.  He was engaged with the coach, paying attention and working hard.  Every rep was max effort, full speed.  I wish I could make out what they were saying but it was obvious that he was paying attention, had a good attidude and was taking it seriously.  You know when someone's half paying attention or giving lip service.  Galette wasn't.

He's very explosive, I'm hoping this is a good pickup for our defense.  It'll be nice to have a strong pass rush.  

Someone who's been on this board awhile (a lot longer than you), and is a cool dude. And takes awesome pics

Well thank you sir :)

Especially if our CBs consist of "Who?" and "Who?" :)

Ugh, yeah.  It's not looking pretty so far.  Reports so far I've heard that Amerson hadn't looked good and I saw him on the sidelines yesterday in warmups, I'm not quite sure what the injury is with him.  Breeland can't lay off the weed and is missing a game because of it.  DeAngelo is fighting back from an injury.  I like Culliver...but yeah it's going to be dicey again this year with the DBs.  I feel like it shouldn't be, but it's not off to a good start so far.  

Hey did Richmond have any weird cowboy/eagle/9er hybrid bars? wink.png

Hey did Richmond have any weird cowboy/eagle/9er hybrid bars? ;)

No, and thank goodness for that.  That place in San Jose was the worst.  Looking back on it, I should have given it a negative Yelp review just on principle but I think I was too shocked to think clearly.  

No, and thank goodness for that.  That place in San Jose was the worst.  Looking back on it, I should have given it a negative Yelp review just on principle but I think I was too shocked to think clearly.  

That was the most bizarre shit I think I've ever seen. We should have just streamed the fight.

Someone who's been on this board awhile (a lot longer than you), and is a cool dude. And takes awesome pics

It was a joke Sin...And i watched this board for years before joining. I think I stumbled on here around 99 or 2000 (IE 3 or 4?) along with CPND. Joined immediately post adoption. Chill bro...

Spiff...thanks for the great photos and have loved your work for years. You are always the man in the background and deserve some props.

It was a joke Sin...And i watched this board for years before joining. I think I stumbled on here around 99 or 2000 (IE 3 or 4?) along with CPND. Joined immediately post adoption. Chill bro...

Spiff...thanks for the great photos and have loved your work for years. You are always the man in the background and deserve some props.

Thank you! 

Archived