Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

DeSean Jackson's Mom @GeeJackson10 39m39 minutes ago

@DianesTalking @DeSeanJackson11 @WUSA9sports @wusa9 Sorry I could not attend the luncheon. Congrats & Love sent to my son @DeSeanJackson11

Carol Maloney @carolmaloney4 5m5 minutes ago

On NBC4 in min.. @KirkCousins8 admits to us what messed him up last year.. and how he's handling the pressure.

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 2m2 minutes ago

http://redskins.com  >> Redskins vs. Jaguars Infographic http://buzztap.com/-OicT61

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3m3 minutes ago

Rich Tandler retweeted Cleveland Browns

An honest head coach. 90% or more of NFL rosters are set in stone as of now. Were as of a few weeks ago.

Rich Tandler added,

CN7n3O-WsAAKBsJ.jpg
Cleveland Browns @Browns
Pettine says 4 or 5 roster spots are up for grabs tomorrow. STORY → http://bit.ly/Pettine0902

Washington Redskins @Redskins 7m7 minutes ago

#JAXvsWAS preview #PoweredBySAS. How do you think the #Redskins size up in these matchups? http://redsk.in/1PMeRWV 

CN7vON0XAAQb0YM.jpg

NFL @NFL 8m8 minutes ago

According to one former Washington Redskins​ player, the team is still not starting its best QB... http://snpy.tv/1iiXItf 

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN 40s41 seconds ago

Every day that the 'Skins refuse to release RG3, they widen the dark cloud that now hangs over what was a productive, solid offseason.

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 3m3 minutes ago

Tandler predicts the 53-man roster on #Redskins Nation (VIDEO) http://ow.ly/RICMU  #NFL #RedskinsTalk

CN7ysDqWgAA62s4.jpg

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN 4m4 minutes ago

No kidding. He will be. And then we will see....RT: @Ed__III: @LRiddickESPN Can't release him if he hasn't been cleared.

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 9m9 minutes ago

Jeff Bostic joins #Redskins Nation to talk about entering Ring of Fame (VIDEO) http://ow.ly/RIClM  #RedskinsTalk

CN7xsfhUAAAG8KP.png

HAIL Republic @SkinsRepublic 3m3 minutes ago

Bostic is dead on with this:

CN7zpT6WoAAPVm-.jpg

Damn.  I knew Matt Jones was big, but he looks like a giant among the others. 

I won't even begin to describe the size difference but if you didn't know any better, there is no way possible you would look at Chris Thompson and Matt Jones and thought they played the exact same position. No way.

Here's PFT article

The wife of Redskins GM Scot McCloughan -- Jessica McCloughan -- admitted Wednesday that she recently sent a disparaging tweet to an ESPN reporter accusing the reporter of performing sexual favors on Scot in exchange for news scoops.

Redskins PR director Tony Wyllie -- a known liar -- initially claimed that Jessica McCloughan's tweet came from a fake Twitter account, but she's since admitted it was hers and apologized. In a statement, Jessica wrote that her accusation was "unfounded and inappropriate" and stated she has "the utmost respect" for both the reporter and ESPN. The Redskins have been a circus throughout Dan Snyder's tenure as owner. That circus has continued into the tenure of respected talent evaluator Scot McCloughan, who took over as Redskins GM eight months ago.

JeRon M. Hamm @j_hamm86 6m6 minutes ago

Live in the moment... Embrace the journey!

Josh Norris @JoshNorris 9m9 minutes ago Norwalk, CT

Twitter is free. And it can be amazing. Thank you for the entertainment, #WashingtonRedskins

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 15m15 minutes ago

I guess you can say the team really has no control over the GM’s wife. But this stuff just doesn’t happen anywhere else.

@Rich_TandlerCSN Oh come on, Rich! This is good for at least two wins this year.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 24m24 minutes ago

Here's the statement in full from Jessica McCloughan via the #Redskins.

CN8B3zEVAAAixKJ.png

Michael Jenkins @JenksCSN 20m20 minutes ago

Glad the Redskins QB situation has been settled. It will finally be quiet for a whi--

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 4m4 minutes ago

Starting to think an 0-16 season with an entire organisational clean out might be best scenario for Skins this season.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 7m7 minutes ago

Important to remember: The #Redskins were one of the two finalists for this year’s “Hard Knocks."

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 39s40 seconds ago Washington, DC

#Redskins (blue) and ESPN (white) each issue statements on Jessica McCloughan/Dianna Russini incident/allegations:

CN8ICw1WIAAqs-l.png
CN8IDHOWwAAiDMc.jpg

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 9s9 seconds ago

I have way too many angry/sad/frustrated/shocked gifs in my library, I must be a Redskins fan

Kevin Seifert @SeifertESPN 1m1 minute ago

Worked with some first-rate PR directors over the years. @BobHagan1, @MaroonPR, @jeffblumb among them. Common theme: Told the truth.

Dan Worthington @danWorthington 6m6 minutes ago

CN8HXKuVAAAeq0a.jpg

Drive home from work today listened to the local sports radio show out of Roanoke WFIR "Greg Roberts Live". Most every Wednesday he has a retired college football coach (D Coordinator) and scout, Phil Elmassian, on to talk football. Mostly college but he occasionally touches on some pro football. A couple of weeks ago he mentioned that he had been invited by the Dolphins coaching staff down to Dolphins training camp to give his impression of their camp. On the show today Elmassion gave his take on a few things to include the Redskins since they are Miami's opening day opponent. Yeah I know it sounds a bit strange but apparently coach is very well respected within football inner coaching circles and is close through previous coaching stints with many on the Dolphins staff, I thought the 10 or 15 minutes that he spoke were really informative and gave a little inside insight to the team (even though through a Miami connection). Ill try to recap the highlights, (nothing earth shattering but hearing things from this guy was different than what we usually get). With that been said take it for what its worth.

He said the Dolphins asked him to look at the Redskins offensive tendencies. He stated they didn't ask him to evaluate the Redskin QB's specifically but he did anyway. He said that to him RG III has very little overall awareness and has relied on his athletic ability during his career (mentioned Tebow and a couple of others who in his opinion are similar in their struggles as a pro QB). Stated that D coordinators now lick their chops when facing him. He also said that during RGIIIs first year pro coaches had no idea how to counter RGIII and reached out to a lot of college coaches for advice. He then spoke a bit about blitzes, stunts etc. He told the Dolphins to prepare for Cousins because he didn't think RG III would be the starter (prior to last weeks injury news).He said he scouted Cousins while Cousins was at Michigan State and was impressed with him then, stated that he would have confidence in Cousins as a starter in this league (trying to remember exact words but I'm probably failing). On McCoy he was not enthusiastic at all, said he coached against him and didn't think highly of him (I think he said he was soft),

He went on to talk about the Offensive line, said that he had never spent much time watching Trent Williams in the past but from watching film last week came away very, very, impressed, something to the effect of killer instinct and will inflict punishment, he didn't realize just how dominant Trent is. Stated the LG was average and same with the center. I don't recall him mentioning Sherff, I think the host interrupted. Talked a little about Moses and said he looked solid and will become a good tackle. He was extremely complimentary about Bill Callaghan, great coach and the O line will continue to improve as the year progresses.

Finished by talking about Dolphin practice. He said their practice resembled a college practice atmosphere in that the coaches really stressed fundamentals and that the Dolphins appear to be a fundamentally sound and excellent tackling team. He talked about Ndamukong Suh (has also spoke of him previously since he coached him for a time in college) called him very coachable and is very impressive.

I know I didn't do the interview any justice but hopefully you get the gist. The guy seemed like someone without a bias one way or another and extremely knowledgeable. WFIR sometimes archives interviews and Ill see if I can find the link.

Here's PFT article

The wife of Redskins GM Scot McCloughan -- Jessica McCloughan -- admitted Wednesday that she recently sent a disparaging tweet to an ESPN reporter accusing the reporter of performing sexual favors on Scot in exchange for news scoops.

Redskins PR director Tony Wyllie -- a known liar -- initially claimed that Jessica McCloughan's tweet came from a fake Twitter account, but she's since admitted it was hers and apologized. In a statement, Jessica wrote that her accusation was "unfounded and inappropriate" and stated she has "the utmost respect" for both the reporter and ESPN. The Redskins have been a circus throughout Dan Snyder's tenure as owner. That circus has continued into the tenure of respected talent evaluator Scot McCloughan, who took over as Redskins GM eight months ago.

I don't see how that's possible, given what she said.  Even if you come to the realization you were wrong, "utmost respect" for the woman you were lodging grenades at is a little far fetched.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 7m7 minutes ago

.@BarbaraAngueira I may agree it’s trivial but my concern is team said account was fake and either didn’t know for sure or was lying. #trust

Matt Terl @matt_terl 13m13 minutes ago

Man, McCloughan's wife shouldn't have let RG3's interns run her account.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 13m13 minutes ago

This week:

1) I just work here, man

2) After further neurological review…

3) Spaghetti journalism

4) It was the intern

5) “vulgar comments"

Cindy Boren @CindyBoren 2m2 minutes ago

I would ask "what's next with the Redskins?" but I'm a little terrified.

@DC9AdamW I don't know how you explain stupid. #shockproof

I guess you can say the team really has no control over the GM’s wife. But this stuff just doesn’t happen anywhere else.

Adam favorited your Tweets
3m
@DC9AdamW If I didn't cry laughing I'd die of embarassment.

embarrassment 

@Boss_Hogg_81 @RedskinsCult @Kgskins26 Worse yet, Snydie must be thinking, as a little boy this was my dream......what a nightmare.

CN8QBpuUcAABdvF.jpg

Archived