Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-16 Washington Capitals Thread: The More Skillful, Less Gritty Edition

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Well, the best young 2 way defender in the org is in Hershey and he likely gets some shine this year, too.

It's Madison Bowey.

Though we may wait a year.  I've read from multiple folks that Brooks Orpik would likely end up in Las Vegas during an expansion draft, or the like.  That would open up room for Bowey.  But I think Bowey is better than Orlov at this point... it all depends on how much seasoning they want on him.

Johanson was on a D-pairing with Bowey in Kelowna. Could see them reunited in Washington in a couple years.

Wow. If your last name is Kane and you play hockey, it's written you must sexually assault all women. #EvanderorPatrick.

both with Buffalo ties.

Johanson was on a D-pairing with Bowey in Kelowna. Could see them reunited in Washington in a couple years.

Yeah looks like they're a lock to be the 2nd pair of the future.  I love it! :)

The team that ran away with the President's trophy? Blow it up! Retooling is for sissies.

I wasn't suggesting blowing up the team. There is a middle ground to blowing it up and making virtually no changes. The Presidents Cup is meaningless.

I wasn't suggesting blowing up the team. There is a middle ground to blowing it up and making virtually no changes. The Presidents Cup is meaningless.

Being the second best team in hockey isn't meaningless. We lost a series to the Pens, who were playing the best hockey for the last 3 months of the season. You don't need a ton of a changes to "fix" the really minimal flaws that made us the second best team instead of the #1 team.

Yeah, solid 2nd pairing for the future that can hopefully add some scoring.

The GM said Bowey would get "games."  Whether that's 5, 10, 20, 40, or 82, we have no idea.

I'd like to see him get at least 20, he should be ready for it.

I don't know anything about Pilon but I'm optimistic anyway.

And if we can keep MoJo while adding Eller, the 3rd line immediately improves, and the 4th line improves as well with Beagle down there.

Wow. If your last name is Kane and you play hockey, it's written you must sexually assault all women. #EvanderorPatrick.

Yea...Kane is a dummy.  Getting in all this trouble in a city like Buffalo.  Can you imagine him in a larger market?  Jeez...

Being the second best team in hockey isn't meaningless. We lost a series to the Pens, who were playing the best hockey for the last 3 months of the season. You don't need a ton of a changes to "fix" the really minimal flaws that made us the second best team instead of the #1 team.

Seriously, why should any team care about the Presidents Trophy? All that matters is the Stanley Cup. Plus, the Caps weren't the 2nd best team. They got knocked out in the second round. That doesn't equal 2nd best.

Lastly, who said make a ton of changes? Though we shouldn't pretend that there was much scoring outside of the top line throughout the playoffs and people constantly complained about the defense.

Seriously, why should any team care about the Presidents Trophy? All that matters is the Stanley Cup. Plus, the Caps weren't the 2nd best team. They got knocked out in the second round. That doesn't equal 2nd best.

Lastly, who said make a ton of changes? Though we shouldn't pretend that there was much scoring outside of the top line throughout the playoffs and people constantly complained about the defense.

The round means jack-**** in today's playoff format where the 1st seed plays the 2nd seed in the second round.

Anyone get a look at 5th rounder Beck Malenstyn? I saw videos of three of his fights, and the fights took a back seat, too me, compared to what started the fight. The first two being bone-crunching hits he threw drawing retaliation (and and getting his team a PP by drawing an instigator), and a third where a guy tried to hit him but got put on his ass by the counter-hit (so naturally you drop the gloves when you you get embarrassed like that)

Yea...Kane is a dummy.  Getting in all this trouble in a city like Buffalo.  Can you imagine him in a larger market?  Jeez...

Dude couldn't handle Winnipeg or the locker room there.  That's why he was traded.

Not gonna lie, I wanted him bad.  And I'd still take him.  He'd learn quickly here that we're not for the bull ****.

Anyone get a look at 5th rounder Beck Malenstyn? I saw videos of three of his fights, and the fights took a back seat, too me, compared to what started the fight. The first two being bone-crunching hits he threw drawing retaliation (and and getting his team a PP by drawing an instigator), and a third where a guy tried to hit him but got put on his ass by the counter-hit (so naturally you drop the gloves when you you get embarrassed like that)

1297814062973_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Not very big to be throwing like that.  I like where his heads at though.

Oh, I would also like to add that Walker, the Aussie, had better get every opportunity to make this team this year.  He's fast and has hands... which we could've used against the Pens.  Cause they all seemed to be fast with hands.

Who would you bring in?

I gave my list by no one else seems to want to play.

Oh - and Brave's out.  We didn't win the Cup so someone else who hasn't started a thread needs to start the 2016-17 version.

Dude couldn't handle Winnipeg or the locker room there.  That's why he was traded.

Not gonna lie, I wanted him bad.  And I'd still take him.  He'd learn quickly here that we're not for the bull ****.

1297814062973_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Not very big to be throwing like that.  I like where his heads at though.

Oh, I would also like to add that Walker, the Aussie, had better get every opportunity to make this team this year.  He's fast and has hands... which we could've used against the Pens.  Cause they all seemed to be fast with hands.

Who would you bring in?

I gave my list by no one else seems to want to play.

Oh - and Brave's out.  We didn't win the Cup so someone else who hasn't started a thread needs to start the 2016-17 version.

I haven't spend time looking at the list. A little surprised about MoJo and Orlov definitely being back but that could change in a hurry. I'd be surprised if MoJo doesn't get a good, multiyear deal from someone.

I'm a little surprised the Caps didn't trade Grubby this off season if for the simple fact the expansion draft is not good for the Caps keeping him. Though CBS did project Orpik being on the new team which would be awesome. Maybe RFA don't need to be protected but I have no idea.

The round means jack-**** in today's playoff format where the 1st seed plays the 2nd seed in the second round.

Nor does trying to claim that the Caps were the 2nd best team as if that means jack-**** in any sport anywhere.

Orpik has hefty contract and Vegas wants no part of that

I disagree based on what should be the plan in Vegas. Gotta get young players but also reach the salary cap floor and have a couple veterans. They want to suck for a couple years to get some high draft picks. Plus, they will be in position to accept players via trade that include sending a draft pick their way. It would be fun to be a GM in that position.

Orpik has hefty contract and Vegas wants no part of that

The CBA allows for teams paying these types of player contracts to stay afloat.

That is why Datsyuk is now a Coyote.  Arizona needs stuff like that to stay afloat as a team.

Archived