Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

The arena fracas isn't a big deal. It's temporary until 2018 at which point someone like Ramos takes over. At least according to Grant Wahl. So while I was initially terrified of arena again I would see what he has to offer. He does have experience guiding a team through the hex. It's not as bad as many make it out to be. Get through the hex, do well in Russia then step aside.

I'm not huge on Bruce Arena... at all.  But we'll get qualified.

Need to hire someone proper and forward leaning in the meantime.

Klinsmann did a lot of good for our program and I won't forget that.  But we've outgrown him as a manager.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Can't really complain. Had to happen. 

Bring in tab Ramos and groom a young American to take the reins. 

That to me would be imperative for progressing America. 

You HAVE to start giving your own opportunity's. Get someone experienced in for them to learn under until they have the experience themselves 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wait until January. Daddy might well come calling to take Junior down with Swansea. 

Hail. 

That would be amazing.  And the American owners are smart enough to let him do it.  Shame on us.

• Like 1

Thank you Jk for bringing the US up a notch.  He identified young players abroad and brought them into the fold. 

His shortcomings though could no longer be ignored.  

Bring in Arena for the rest of qualifying and tell Ramos to be ready after Russia 2018

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Until the US can produce a decent mid field we are just going to be seeing the same thing over and over again.

Punt the ball up to Altidore etc al and hope for the best.

Kitchen and Gil can both be very good if they just get a chance.

Zardes and Julian Green also need to be developed there.

PLENTY of raw talent...

Ramos knows most of them, too.

I wonder why they would fire Klinsman mid cycle, I understand we are underperforming but we are in transition and have very young players, Clint has been a rock and he's out now with the heart problems.  We lack talent in the midfield and I don't care who you put in there we will have issues.

We went back to back group stage in the WC and came out of the group of death, also had a very good showing in the Copa.

I think this is a bad move.

I wish Mourinho didn't just sign his deal, by listening to things he has said about the U.S. and knowing how he loves a challenge I think he might actually give us a look for the right price if he was available.  I know, I'm dreaming.

Edited by jschuck12001
  • Like 1