Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Zardes not playing? Stupid. Wood not making the squad? Stupid. The lineup trotted out for Jamaica? Stupid. The lineup trotted out for 3rd place game? Stupid.

But, we knew worst case we have a playoff in Oct for Confed Cup. Better to assess going forwards than to sit happy after the friendly wins.

I don't understand the intense American hatred for Mexico and El tri. Gotta say Herrera is hilarious.

Whenever they play us **** them. But I feel Mexico is our little brother and should be treated as such. We're all part of the North America family. You ever see a Mexico game on the Spanish channel? Good stuff.

ennnnnnnnn vivoooooo

I don't understand the intense American hatred for Mexico and El tri. Gotta say Herrera is hilarious.

Whenever they play us **** them. But I feel Mexico is our little brother and should be treated as such. We're all part of the North America family. You ever see a Mexico game on the Spanish channel? Good stuff.

ennnnnnnnn vivoooooo

I have absolutely no horse in this race but even I detest Mexico. 

And it's ALL down to their low life scumbag fans. Where I American, and had to put up with the Concacaf favouritism toward them, that would be outright hatred. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Hey, DC! We are so excited to have World Cup Champion Ali Krieger with us at the Microsoft store at Tysons Corner Center to celebrate the launch of Windows 10.

Schedule of events:

7 a.m. Line up for a ticket to meet Ali Krieger*

10 a.m. Tysons Corner Center opens

6 p.m. Line opens for meet and greet

7 p.m. Meet and greet begins

All day long we’ll be serving up free snacks, giveaways, workshops and Windows 10 demos. See you there!

See our FAQs for details: msft.it/TCFAQ

*The first 175 people in line for the Windows 10 launch on Wednesday, July 29, will receive one complimentary ticket to the meet and greet that evening. The line begins at 7 a.m. Ticket distribution begins when the store opens.

• 2 weeks later...

After USA won gold I realized it was my patriotic duty to attend and support our American women so I proudly went to the local team to see Ali krieger and ashlynn Harris (backup us goalie)

It was quite a fun match and anyone can pay general admission and just sit on the hill right next to the field. The spirit took a 1-0 lead but gave up a goal in the 89th minute. Afterwards the players were all willing to autograph. Except krieger. But I did see her as she was going back into the locker room, a small crowd gathered trying to get autos and she was like sorry guys :(

All in all it was a good time and I'd recommend seeing your local football team in action. Alex Morgan and Christine Sinclair play for Portland. So you can see Portland play whenever.

Still kind of bitter this game is on a Friday night as opposed to Saturday. Makes it tough to get the field in any time to enjoy the pre game festivities.

What pregame festivities

• 3 weeks later...

Our defense looks a LOT better when Tim Howard is in the goal.

I still LOVE what JK is doing.  He is building a long term team with interchangeable parts.  That's brilliant.  As a fan, I want to win every Gold Cup, qualify early for the WC.  Compete at the Confed cup and the Copa America.  All the time.  I don't JK sees things that way.  I think he used this last GC as an experiment to see who he could plug in and go.

The biggest concern to me is the success of MLS.  The bigger it gets. the more likely US players will stay home, instead of heading to Europe.  That's a problem in the short term.

Everton extended him through 2018.  So he's still getting quality time in a top league.

Guzan was shaky at times in the last GC.  He's only 5 years younger than Howard.

I think he's a quality back up.  And can be awesome in 1 or 2 game stints.  But I just don't think he's Tim Howard quality in a tournament.

After 2018, I think the torch will pass over Guzan and on to Yarbrough.  Im surprised he hasn't gotten a Premiership team offer yet.

Bring on Peru.

U.S. MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM ROSTER

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)

DEFENDERS (9): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Greg Garza (Atlas), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Joe Corona (Veracruz), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Alfredo Morales (FC Ingolstadt), Danny Williams (Reading), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Aron Johannsson (Werder Bremen), Bobby Wood (Union Berlin), Andrew Wooten (SV Sandhausen), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)