Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

Despite overwhelmingly positive reviews from all the draft analysts (none of these "experts gave us lower than a B-)

Despite the fact that we've made a number of smart, cost effective moves to improve EVERY aspect of our roster during this offseason (offensive lineman, defensive line and backfield, special teams return man and depth)

Despite the fact that we have a new GM widely regarded as one of the best in the NFL

Despite revamping our strength and conditioning program.

The NFL has labeled us the WORST team in football after the draft and going into this season.  That's right.  

Behind the Cleveland Browns who have no QB and no number 1 or 3 wide receiver, with a suspended GM.

Behind the Oakland Raiders

Behind the Jacksonville Jaguars.

This is some seriously shady, opinionated logic that I can't even begin to understand

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2452346-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-draft/page/2

Edited by Reaper Skins

Despite [yada yada yada]

The NFL has labeled us the WORST team in football after the draft and going into this season.  That's right.  

Behind the Cleveland Browns who have no QB and no number 1 or 3 wide receiver, with a suspended GM.

Behind the Oakland Raiders

Behind the Jacksonville Jaguars.

This is some seriously shady, opinionated logic that I can't even begin to understand

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2452346-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-draft/page/2

It's the Bleacher Report, not the NFL.  All you need to know about the author is that he considers keeping Niles Paul a great move.

It's the Bleacher Report, not the NFL.  All you need to know about the author is that he considers keeping Niles Paul a great move.

Dan T, you don't think keeping Paul was a good move?  At this point I'd argue its better to have him than Jordan Reed.  At least he plays special teams and can stay on the field...

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

Patriots successfully complete their draft with no conclusion to Deflategate, despite Goodell saying that the investigation was concluded prior to the draft.

The investigation has taken 100 days so far, and Goodell told Rose, via WEEI.com, he believes Wells has “finished the interview portion” of the report.
http://nesn.com/2015/04/roger-goodell-i-think-deflategate-report-will-be-released-soon/

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk believes the league needs to make a decision before the end of April. 

"It's got to happen before the draft," said Florio. "Because draft pick compensation is part of it. Whether the Patriots are punished or exonerated, I think they need to close the books on this one at least two weeks before the draft on April 30."

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/florio-nfl-needs-address-deflategate-draft

“Definitely. Absolutely. 100 percent,” Volin said when asked if the NFL is intentionally waiting until after the draft to release Wells’ report. “I think in waiting this long it’s made it less of a story. So I think they’ve done a good job of minimizing it.

“And then, I thought of this yesterday — Bill Belichick is supposed to talk to the media this weekendicon1.png after the draft, and then after that, we might not hear from him again until either mid-June at minicamp or maybe not even until training camp in August. So I think the NFL office is going to do the Patriots a favor, they’ll wait until after this weekend, so that we don’t have the opportunity to ask Belichick questions about it. And then when we do in August, he’ll say, ‘Well that’s old territory, we’re just trying to move on now.

“So I think that the NFL office is definitely waiting on purpose, trying to minimize the damage of this thing, and then releasing it at a time when the media can’t go around and ask the owners and Bill Belichick a million different questions about it.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/29/volin-nfl-intentionally-holding-deflategate-report-until-after-draft/

Edited by Reaper Skins

article written By Mike TanierNFL National Lead Writer.  He just made my List!!!!!!

And Dan T, you don't think keeping Paul was a good move?  At this point I'd argue its better to have him than Jordan Reed.  At least he plays special teams and can stay on the field...

Not a big fan of Niles Paul.  In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I wouldn't mind seeing him go on a Caribbean cruise and disappear in the Bermuda Triangle. 

That might be a little harsh, but he's never been more than "meh" for me. Jordan Reed is 3 times the pass catching tight end he is, and Paul is expendable as a special teams guy, IMO.

article written By Mike Tanier, NFL National Lead Writer. He just made my List!!!!!!

He's still just a Bleacher Report writer. He's just a guy. They have a few legit writers, they don't work for the NFL either, and he's not one of them.

I hope the Caps don't fall prey to this since the NHL would love to have a higher market team like the Rags in the finals

Hey man, you're gonna wanna edit out that video. This thread is a pit of crazy but the rules still apply.

• Like 1

...That might be a little harsh, but he's never been more than "meh" for me. Jordan Reed is 3 times the pass catching tight end he is, and Paul is expendable as a special teams guy, IMO.

Yeah, obviously Jordan Reed is better, but the guy can't stay healthy. If he could, we wouldn't need anyone else. The guy could be the best TE in football, let's just hope this season goes better for the other paper doll on our team.

Patriots successfully complete their draft with no conclusion to Deflategate, despite Goodell saying that the investigation was concluded prior to the draft....

This is a total load of ****. If it were the Skins, you can bet your *** they would have kicked us in the balls 20 minutes before the draft started.

Honestly, what should happen is that the Pats should have to give up their entire draft next year, the guys they beat in the AFC championship should get their 1st and 7th, the divisional round opponent should get their 2nd and 6th, etc. Something like that. 

You cheat on the biggest stage and you should have the most to lose, ESPECIALLY when Belicheck has been caught TWICE now cheating badly. This is one of those things where the punishment should get worse and worse until it hurts enough they won't do it again.

I don't even hate the Pats, but this is complete ****.

Edited by jflow78
  • Like 3

This is where I'm at. My brother was talking to me about fixed games in the NFL playoffs and my POV is this. There are always a few "great stories" in the NFL playoffs, and every year these stories are pushed, and just about every year one or two of these stories gets into the SB. I don't know that the NFL is dead set on one team being the SB champ each season, but I think it's ludicrous to suggest that they don't have a handful of teams that they want in the final few rounds of the playoffs. There's far too much money involved.

Speaking of conveniently "great stories", this is a pretty entertaining article with a bunch of info regarding super bowl storylines and coincidences since 2001

"I'm not saying that the NFL is "fixing" their games, but its naive to think this is all happening naturally. It went from being just two really good teams playing each other, most of the time it ended up in a blow out, to every game is really close and has an intriguing back story for the media to hype for two weeks prior to the game being played. The NFL needs this game to have it all and for the last 14 Super Bowls, it has. Coincidence or fixed? You tell me."

2001 - America rallies around America's Patriots after 9/11

2002 - Jon Gruden faces his old team in the Super Bowl the very next year

2003 - Patriots repeat, win almost the exact same way as 2001 with long field goal

2004 - American dynasty, Patriots win 3 of 4

2005 - High profile player Jerome Bettis retires after Super Bowl win in hometown.

2006 - Two African American Coaches compete for the chance to be the first one to win a Super Bowl.  Prior to this season there had not been even one in a Super Bowl game.

2007 - Patriots caught spying, public outraged,  Cinderella Giants beat the 18-0 Pats to win

2008 - Cower retires, Steelers OC Whisenhunt goes to Arizona, faces his old team the Steelers in the Super Bowl

2009 - First Super bowl appearence in 42 history of N.O. Saints franchise.  Happens the same year as hurricane Katrina

2010 - Green Bay wins with new QB Rodgers the same year old QB Favre finally retires after making one last run with Packers biggest rivals the Vikings.  Passing of the torch.

2011 - after Harbaugh Brothers both lose in conference championships, Rematch of Pats and Giants, underdog Giants again pull off last minute victory

2012 - 2nd Year in a row the Harbaugh Brothers make it to conference championships, this time both make it to Super Bowl.  High profile player Ray Lewis retires after winning super Bowl in his first and last season playing.

2013 - Number one offense Broncos vs. number one defense Seahawks

2014 - After embarrassing lopsided Superbowl the year before, the new Seahawks Dynasty takes on the old Patriots Dynasty.

http://nickfruscello.blogspot.com/2011/02/super-coincidence-or-super-fixed.html

Edited by Reaper Skins

Honestly, most of those things seem like coincidences more than anything else.  If you look hard enough you always find something and the two weeks of Super Bowl build-up usually generates someone finding some kind of story like these.

- The Patriots have been winning nonstop for the past 14 seasons.  Even in their six Super Bowl appearances five were decided in the final play(s) of the game, and three of those five involved freakish plays.  Even if the NFL wanted to fix outcomes, it'd be next to impossible to script David Tyree's catch, Mario Manningham's catch or Russell Wilson's pick (or the catch right before that).

- Why would the NFL script a Giants-Pats rematch in 2011 with a much worse storyline than the original?  If the NFL was in the business of fixing matchups, the Harbaugh's would've won their respective CCGs.

- Good teams should be playing each other.  Why would the defending SB champ Seahawks playing the Pats, or the #1 offense playing the #1 defense, be indicative of a fix?

- Two african american coaches were bound to meet each other at some point in the Super Bowl

- Hurricane Katrina happened in 2005

- I know most of this board believes the NFL hates us, but in 2007 the Redskins were an emotional favorite with most of the league.  It would've been the fitting ending for the Redskins to snap the Pats perfect season behind the spirit of Sean Taylor, rather that Elisha Manning.

- Guys playing in their hometown is also often a story.  The media made a big deal about it in 1998 when Terrell Davis played in San Diego.

- In 2001, if the NFL was trying to push the pro-America angle, they would've had the Eagles win the CCG against the Rams and set up an Eagle-Pats Super Bowl.  Instead that match-up happened 3 seasons later. 

- WRT coaches coaching against guys they used to work with, the NFL is so incestuous that almost any two coaches have some connection between them.  

- There's still never been a team to play in a Super Bowl they hosted.  It would've been so easy to have the Cowboys, this year's Cardinals, a Saints team in the past few years or the Colts to play in a Super Bowl they hosted.

- If Super Bowls were fixed, at least one of them would've gone to OT by now.  

- It the NFL was fixed, Tim Tebow would've won the Super Bowl with the Broncos.  

Honestly the only ones on that list that strike me as real stories are the Gruden one (given that Tampa and Oakland are not NFL powerhouses, this is actually a pretty big deal; not to mention the fact that Gruden left Oakland on shaky terms), and the HarBowl (just the statistical unlikelihood of this blows me away).

For all of the other ones, those are things that were bound to happen at some point, or there was likely a better story that could've happened if the league was really trying to fix things.

Here's a couple the author of that site didn't even consider:

- When the Colts played the Bears, Aaron Moorehead (of the Colts) had a family member (his father) who played for the '85 Bears. They are the only father-son combination to both win the Super Bowl.

- When the Colts played the Saints, Peyton Manning played the team his dad played for.  (Actually both starting QBs had ties to the opposing team's region.  Peyton grew up in New Orleans and Drew Brees played in college at Purdue).

Edited by balki1867

Speaking of conveniently "great stories", this is a pretty entertaining article with a bunch of info regarding super bowl storylines and coincidences since 2001

"I'm not saying that the NFL is "fixing" their games, but its naive to think this is all happening naturally. It went from being just two really good teams playing each other, most of the time it ended up in a blow out, to every game is really close and has an intriguing back story for the media to hype for two weeks prior to the game being played. The NFL needs this game to have it all and for the last 14 Super Bowls, it has. Coincidence or fixed? You tell me."[/size]

2001 - America rallies around America's Patriots after 9/11

2002 - Jon Gruden faces his old team in the Super Bowl the very next year

2003 - Patriots repeat, win almost the exact same way as 2001 with long field goal

2004 - American dynasty, Patriots win 3 of 4

2005 - High profile player Jerome Bettis retires after Super Bowl win in hometown.

2006 - Two African American Coaches compete for the chance to be the first one to win a Super Bowl.  Prior to this season there had not been even one in a Super Bowl game.

2007 - Patriots caught spying, public outraged,  Cinderella Giants beat the 18-0 Pats to win

2008 - Cower retires, Steelers OC Whisenhunt goes to Arizona, faces his old team the Steelers in the Super Bowl

2009 - First Super bowl appearence in 42 history of N.O. Saints franchise.  Happens the same year as hurricane Katrina

2010 - Green Bay wins with new QB Rodgers the same year old QB Favre finally retires after making one last run with Packers biggest rivals the Vikings.  Passing of the torch.

2011 - after Harbaugh Brothers both lose in conference championships, Rematch of Pats and Giants, underdog Giants again pull off last minute victory

2012 - 2nd Year in a row the Harbaugh Brothers make it to conference championships, this time both make it to Super Bowl.  High profile player Ray Lewis retires after winning super Bowl in his first and last season playing.

2013 - Number one offense Broncos vs. number one defense Seahawks

2014 - After embarrassing lopsided Superbowl the year before, the new Seahawks Dynasty takes on the old Patriots Dynasty.

http://nickfruscello.blogspot.com/2011/02/super-coincidence-or-super-fixed.html

First of all, a bunch of these are extreme reaches.

Second of all, the media will find a way to craft a narrative around anything. They'll dig up that relevant story and push it as the narrative.

Third, you're still a loon.

I'm gonna try something. Look right here for me.

MiBneuralyzer.gif

You're a normal guy, content with the randomness and unpredictability of the real world. You do not connect totally unrelated events together with wild conspiracy theories. You are happy.

• Like 2

Second of all, the media will find a way to craft a narrative around anything. They'll dig up that relevant story and push it as the narrative.

Third, you're still a loon.

Word. My medical opinion is that we should let this thread die mercifully.

The league despises Snyder, I put nothing past them, they will screw us every chance they get...I am not a sour grape guy, I will call it like it is, but I have seen far too much to not believe that the refs know who is not in good standing so to say, and act accordingly!

And yes,,, I believe the refs are instructed to control certain games! There is a reason with every passing season, the penalty calls become more and more ambiguous, which allows any desired outcome!

Edited by THE HAMMER'IN HOG
  • Like 1

For the record, I didn't write that article nor do I necessarily believe the things mentioned in it.  It was just given as a reference point to a topic brought up by another poster.  I'll admit there's a huge amount of speculation and incorrect facts but still found it entertaining and relevant.

I'm really only interested in things that apply to the Redskins directly, or indirectly as seen in the way penalties are handed out to other teams in comparison to the Redskins.  

Flashing lights are pretty though   :blink:

Edited by Reaper Skins

Soooo....

Goodell says the report was done prior to the draft, report says Patriots violated league rules.  Patriots draft not affected because the results were not revealed until right after the draft.  Sounds about par for the course.  even when they're guilty they get preferential treatment.  Again, the Redskins found out about their 36 million cap penalty 48 hours before free agency from a reporter, not even an official call from the NFL.   Anyone really surprised?

“Based on the evidence developed in connection with the investigation and summarized in this Report, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the NFL Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate attempt to circumvent those rules,” Wells, the attorney appointed by the NFL to investigate the “DeflateGate” controversy, wrote in his report that was released Wednesday.

“In particular, we conclude that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally and John Jastremski participated in a deliberate plan to circumvent the rules by releasing air from Patriots game balls after the examination of the footballs by NFL game officials at the AFC Championship Game.”

The NFL did not announce any disciplinary action.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/05/06/deflategate-wells-report-concludes-more-probable-than-not-patriots-violated-league-rules-tom-brady-aware-of-activities/

Let's also not forget that even with this penalty, the league still took their side on the Revis tampering charges

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2015/03/revis_jets.html

Edited by Reaper Skins

• 1 month later...

Here's a daily dose of intrigue and insanity for you all during the offseason:

1.  In regards to the D.C. mayor and City Council talk further about wooing Washington’s NFL team 

http://wapo.st/1QJdZlr

I found this interesting article from last year

"Our crazy conspiracy theory: We wouldn't be surprised if it's part of Snyder's grand strategy to leverage the Redskins name for all its worth before ultimately deciding that a change would be in everyone's best interests. Native Americans will be happy, critics will be happy, and Snyder will be happy with the financial windfall coming his way from all the new merchandising."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24503136/harry-reid-redskins-name-will-be-changed-within-3-years

Looks like it may be starting come true.

2.  Here's a good article from 2012, it mentions some stuff that's already in here, but a big part that I had forgotten about was the Redskins being targeted for PED violations and the extremely fishy timing that the penalties were enforced.  Jordan Black, Tenard Jackson, and Cedric Griffin are all discussed in the link

"The real "reports" or news story at hand is not Jordan Black’s ADHD meds – it’s the league’s overt scrutiny of the Redskins for what seems to be a business vendetta....

...I’m not a conspiracy theorist but the timing has been sketchy. Tanard Jackson was suspended the day before the season this year—yes, I understand he is a pothead who had a history—but that just makes him an even easier target.

...The day after Cedric Griffin has a decent game, the league comes down with his suspension for "PED’s". Black shouldn't have been on the radar except that with Polumbus’s concussion, he stands to take a substantial number of snaps.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/12/18/3781106/Defending-Dan-Snyder

3.  Found this pretty funny article from 2012.  The guy was pretty close, he just picked the wrong Gruden lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1021270-washington-redskins-conspiracy-theory-morris-is-aboard-is-jon-gruden-next

Edited by Reaper Skins

And just to add credence to how much BS that phantom whistle call was against the Carolina Panthers:

Not only did it cost us the game, it overturned our 76 year old PERFECT record in regards to guessing the outcome of the Presidential election.  Talk about a bad call.  

"When the Washington Redskins football team wins the game before the election, the President’s political party stays in control of the White House. When the Redkins lose the game before the election, the President’s political party loses control. This pattern has played since 1936 and statistically is not random chance — it is more likely an inside joke from those who rig national elections."

"probability of this outcome (1936 through 2000) occurring due to chance
0.5^17 = .0000076 = .00076%"

http://phillysportslive.com/washington-redskins-presidential-conspiracy/

Edited by Reaper Skins

And for the real old conspiracy nuts, it isn't just Mara whose got it in for us.  All the way back in the 40's Sammy Baugh and the Redskins were accused of gambling and throwing games.  Of course no evidence was found.....

https://books.google.com/books?id=gyYhAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT196&lpg=PT196&dq=redskins+conspiracy&source=bl&ots=vLwm1tUEKY&sig=ipsWbLRSA21l4AATx9UmqFShBAY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBTgKahUKEwi87P6L6IfGAhVDbK0KHfCtAMo#v=onepage&q=redskins%20conspiracy&f=false