Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

There’s zero chance that’s accepted. 5 years max for 3rd degree?

You think you can prove, to 12 out of 12 people, that he intended to kill him?  

13 minutes ago, visionary said:

Stop putting riots in quotes and trying to paint rioters as civil rights crusaders.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

is there anything more American than crediting violence for every advance of society?  Every advancement we’ve enjoyed as a nation came from tireless work, organization, and sustained pressure.  Riots played a role, as violence always does, but societies aren’t built by violence.  They’re built by the people that want the violence to stop.

• Like 8

Hard to say how many years in jail would be justice, but I think minimum 20 years would be fair. 

I also don't think 12 out of 12 jurors should have to agree in order to reach a guilty verdict.  There should be an odd number of jurors and it should be whatever majority rules.  I never liked how that works.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

is there anything more American than crediting violence for every advance of society?  Every advancement we’ve enjoyed as a nation came from tireless work, organization, and sustained pressure.  Riots played a role, as violence always does, but societies aren’t built by violence.  They’re built by the people that want the violence to stop.

Try telling that to folks on twitter.....

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Looks like Minn breaks up traditional second degree murder.  Lots of states have non-premediated intentional murder and depraved indifference under 2nd degree.  MN broke up depraved indifference into 3rd degree and put 40 yr max on second degree and 25 max on 3rd degree.

So MN 3rd degree charge is like a second degree charge in many other states and I think depraved probably is the appropriate charge unless something more comes out.

Edited by bearrock
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

is there anything more American than crediting violence for every advance of society?

Recall a scene from The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  

Ted does something stupid on the air.  Lou announces that he's gonna go in there and kill him.  

Mary:  Lou, you're a grown adult.  You know violence never settles anything.  

Lou freezes, and gives her a look like he can't believe he just heard something so stupid.  

Lou:  Mary, violence has settled (he counts on his fingers) every war in history, every Super Bowl ever played, and a lot of marriages I know.  

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I also don't think 12 out of 12 jurors should have to agree in order to reach a guilty verdict.  There should be an odd number of jurors and it should be whatever majority rules.  I never liked how that works.

You'll convince me to abandon the "12 out of 12" standard, when I go 10 years without reading a single story about a convicted man being proven innocent.  

Maybe 20.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

Try telling that to folks on twitter.....

No thanks, I don’t need that mysterious white dude tracking me down and wrecking my local autozone.  I have a truck to fix this weekend.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

You'll convince me to abandon the "12 out of 12" standard, when I go 10 years without reading a single story about a convicted man being proven innocent.  

Maybe 20.  

I think we are agreeing though.  In this case I am worried that Chauvin will be let go innocent, when he should be proved guilty, due to a hung jury.  All it takes is one juror to not agree for him to be acquitted. 

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Recall a scene from The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  

Ted does something stupid on the air.  Lou announces that he's gonna go in there and kill him.  

Mary:  Lou, you're a grown adult.  You know violence never settles anything.  

Lou freezes, and gives her a look like he can't believe he just heard something so stupid.  

Lou:  Mary, violence has settled (he counts on his fingers) every war in history, every Super Bowl ever played, and a lot of marriages I know.  

Man, you just aged yourself terribly.  Whipping out Mary Tyler Moore references?  What's next, quotes from Columbo or Rhoda?

• Haha 4