Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

7 shot in downtown Louisville at Breonna Taylor protest. Here's what we know

Louisville, Ky. — At least seven people were shot as hundreds of protesters in downtown Louisville gathered Thursday night to demand justice for Breonna Taylor, the 26-year-old ER tech who was shot and killed by Louisville Metro Police in March.

Some shots were heard on scene just before 11:30 p.m., and a police spokeswoman confirmed the injuries at 1 a.m. in a statement. Two victims required surgery.

"There have been some arrests, but at this time we are not able to tell you how many as the situation is ongoing," spokeswoman Alicia Smiley said in a statement.

Police officers did not fire their guns, Smiley said.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said Friday morning that five of the shooting victims from the protest are in "good condition" and that the two victims who required surgery are now "stable and recovering."

The mayor also said that he is suspending the use of no-knock warrants by police.

Taylor was shot and killed by several LMPD officers in March who were serving a no-knock warrant as part of a narcotics investigation, though police have since claimed that they knocked and announced themselves before entering Taylor's apartment that night.

LMPD arrested and charged an Owensboro resident with disorderly conduct during Thursday night's protest, officials also said Friday.

Police said several individuals were booked into Louisville Metro Corrections, with jail records indicating charges of first-degree riot and first-degree criminal mischief.

Fischer said the gunfire that wounded seven people "came from within the crowd, not from officers."

LMPD Assistant Chief of Police LaVita Chavous said LMPD has "no leads on the shooter" but is continuing to investigate.

Two LMPD officers were also taken to the hospital with chest pains "spurred" by the protest, Chavous said, with one officer remaining in the hospital overnight before getting released.

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

I’m watching CNN and can report that Michael Eric Dyson’s face has frozen in a frown.  Moms were right, we were wrong, it can in fact happen.  Fix your face folks, before it’s too late.  

MED seems like a good guy, but I’m annoyed because they cut away from a very good rally going on to give him some air time.  He could have spoken later.  

And now Biden is on the screen.  Good lord... talk later man!  Want to get woke?  Listen first!  

25 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

They're saying he's been "taken into custody", is that the same as being arrested?

Sounds like they are giving themselves some wiggle room.

Call it what they want, they jus saved that dudes life.

They burnt down an entire police station, finding him was next.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

If you say I sound bias I was criminal justice and yes I have many cop friends that are great people and suffer because the bad apples.

I have a counter argument that I pull out, every time I hear the complaint that "it's unfair to punish all cops for a few bad apples."  

The cop who kneeled on the throat of an unarmed prisoner?  He did it in front of two other cops.  And he was absolutely certain that not one of them would do a thing about it.  Heck, he was certain that he could do it on video, and suffer no consequence.  He was certain enough that he was untouchable, that he was willing to bet his own life on the notion that he could do that with no consequences.  

I don't have any clue how many of the cops on that department approve of brutality.  But Officer Choke knows, and he thinks that a police officer can do that, in front of other officers and a video camera, and get away with it.  

I'll be a whole lot more inclined to believe the "it's just a few bad apples" meme, when I see a video were an unarmed suspect runs away, and a cop pulls out a gun and fires four shots at his back, and his partner draws his weapon, points it at Officer 1, and says "You are under arrest."  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I imagine it’s easier to rationalize rioting when it’s not your workplace, car, or home they’re burning.  All because some organizer somewhere, or just blind luck, landed the protest on your street.  

The guy is arrested, time to go home and wait to see if he's convicted. 

Don't stay out there ripping up the city for an expedited trial, Minneapolis will be burned to the ground by time he's sentenced.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The guy is arrested, time to go home and wait to see if he's convicted. 

Don't stay out there ripping up the city for an expedited trial, Minneapolis will be burned to the ground by time he's sentenced.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but I‘m sure the protestors are still Waiting for the other three officers to be charged.  Especially since two of them were helping to physically restrain Floyd while being choked to death.  

The rioting isn’t helping though, it just hurting people that have no power or involvement.  It’s got to end.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Larry said:

I have a counter argument that I pull out, every time I hear the complaint that "it's unfair to punish all cops for a few bad apples."  

But does that have anything to do with justifying the rioting?

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but I‘m sure the protestors are still Waiting for the other three officers to be charged.  Especially since two of them were helping to physically restrain Floyd while being choked to death.  

I agree with you, my problem is we tried the "get em all same time" approach before and it caused them all to get away. 

My bigger concern was this guy who had his knee on his neck getting away. 

Don't get greedy, it's a huge deal them firing and now arresting him with murder charges.  It's not enough but in context that is huge, take it, and hope he's convicted. Riot again if he's not, but don't stay out there, Trump will use live ammo if they do.

We won't get what we want until DOJ is suing police departments again, that wont happen until Biden takes office.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

That piece of trash needs to go away for a long time.  How long does it take to cuff a person who's non-responsive?  He's not putting his knee on the victim's neck for any legitimate purpose at that point.

Can I just put a massive credit out there to the cops that have spoken out about this - there was one police chief in tenn that said any of his officers who don’t have a problem with this murder should turn their badges in immediately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to know what was going through Derek Chauvin's head, as well as the other two officers who were atop George Floyd, as he was pleading for them to ease up.  There were bystanders yelling for them to stop as well.  How easy would it have been to pick him up and put him in the back of the police car - which is what I am assuming what they were intending to do before he started "resisting."  It would have been so easy.  I'd love to hear their reasoning. 

Aside from having malice and hatred in their hearts, I also think it is a case of them not wanting to be told what to do by civilians.  Almost like, "don't tell me how to do my job."  It's another form of pride and arrogance, mixed with evil.