Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

agreed.  another thing that jumps out... the punishment is disbarment of a retirement age person,compared to 18 years unjustly in prison for his victim. 

^^This. If I were wrongly imprisoned, let's just say I wouldn't be nearly as forgiving as the people I've seen get out because there's literally no way the system can repay them for what's been taken. If they were making a decent effort at it, perhaps I could see it. But in most cases they do nothing to the prosecutors who withhold evidence and/or knowingly send innocent people to jail and the financial compensation is usually peanuts. Sorry, that's just not gonna cut it if it were me.

Isn't the golden rule to "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you" rather than "do unto others as they have done unto you"?

Yes.

If you rape/kill/otherwise harm others then you obviously want it done unto you.

^^This. If I were wrongly imprisoned, let's just say I wouldn't be nearly as forgiving as the people I've seen get out because there's literally no way the system can repay them for what's been taken. If they were making a decent effort at it, perhaps I could see it. But in most cases they do nothing to the prosecutors who withhold evidence and/or knowingly send innocent people to jail and the financial compensation is usually peanuts. Sorry, that's just not gonna cut it if it were me.

Hey we found something to agree on.

I'm routinely surprised with how those people act. I don't know how they don't hunt down the people responsible. Their lives are ruined.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this story is not your usual cop violence post (hell, she isn't even a cop), and the article is terribly written..... 

...but this Nurse Wratchet needs to be fired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/04/07/after-fairfax-police-ticket-cars-awaiting-state-inspection-va-passes-law-banning-it/?postshare=7561460084296773&tid=ss_fb-bottom

After Fairfax police ticket cars awaiting state inspection, Va. passes law banning it

By Tom Jackman April 7  

The story of Bruce Redwine and the Chantilly Service Center made people mad. For years, he and other auto shop owners watched with outrage as a Fairfax County parking enforcement officer ticketed cars that were awaiting state inspection or repair. One shop owner estimated his customers had been hit with $60,000 worth of fines and fees for expired inspection stickers or tags over six years. Redwine got so angry he snatched one ticket out of the parking officer’s hand, only to be charged with felony assault on a police officer
.<<more at link>>

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 1

this story is not your usual cop violence post (hell, she isn't even a cop), and the article is terribly written..... 

...but this Nurse Wratchet needs to be fired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/04/07/after-fairfax-police-ticket-cars-awaiting-state-inspection-va-passes-law-banning-it/?postshare=7561460084296773&tid=ss_fb-bottom

Yeah, I saw that, and felt my blood pressure rise reading about it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Also involved in this case, is a police murder of a civilian where the victim was shot 21 times, 19 of which were in the back and back of the head.

Not sure how much "involved in this case" the shooting is. but looking for news about it, the first thing I find is this:

CNN: Mario Woods shot more than 20 times in San Francisco, autopsy says

Which opens with this information: 

(CNN)Mario Woods, who was shot dead by San Francisco police, had more than 20 gunshot wounds, according to an autopsy report.

The report, obtained by CNN affiliate KRON, says at least two shots hit the 26-year-old in the head and six hit him in the back.

It also says that the victim had a knife, was being arrested following a stabbing, and had resisted being pepper sprayed and shot with bean bags, and still had refused to drop the knife. 

Now, maybe we're reading reports from different sources.  Maybe you've read information that's more recent than the one, lone, article that I haven't even finished reading, yet. 

But I'm not sure I'd jump to the claim you're making, myself. 

Cop arrested wrong man for killing, owes more than $1M, court rules

NEWARK — A state appellate panel on Monday upheld more than $1 million in rulings against an Essex County detective for wrongfully arresting a man for attacking one prostitute and killing another in 2009. The appeals court rejected a bid by Robert Prachar, a detective with the Essex County Prosecutor's Office, to overturn a jury's 2014 verdict in a lawsuit filed by Edwin Williams over his false arrest. Williams spent more than a year in custody before the charges against him were dismissed...

...In the lawsuit, Williams alleged Prachar and Lassiter coerced Walker and Anderson into identifying him. During the trial, both women testified they had been coerced by the police when they were separately presented with pictures of Williams and other potential suspects, according to the appellate decision. After reviewing a photo array, Walker and Anderson did not initially identify Williams, the decision states. But then after speaking with Prachar and allegedly being coerced, the women each reviewed the photo array a second time and identified Williams, the decision states.

On the day when Anderson reviewed the photo array, an audio recording was made of her statements, but Prachar has said he accidentally erased it, the decision states.

I wonder if we can apply the old "if you don't want to get brutalized by the police, don't run/mouth off, etc." logic? Let's see, if you don't want to get framed by the police, just don't...not commit a crime maybe? And what about charges against Officer Friendly?

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

Not sure how much "involved in this case" the shooting is. but looking for news about it, the first thing I find is this:

CNN: Mario Woods shot more than 20 times in San Francisco, autopsy says

Which opens with this information:

It also says that the victim had a knife, was being arrested following a stabbing, and had resisted being pepper sprayed and shot with bean bags, and still had refused to drop the knife.

Now, maybe we're reading reports from different sources. Maybe you've read information that's more recent than the one, lone, article that I haven't even finished reading, yet.

But I'm not sure I'd jump to the claim you're making, myself.

From what I gather, the investigation that sparked this probe into the officer's text is the killing of a civilian. Officer Lai wasn't actually involved in that, but his racist text messages were on the phones of the officers involved, which lead to more of his messages getting out.

The information about him being shot 21 times and 19 in the back came from the video embedded in the link. Now if it turns out what you've uncovered is true, the killing may be legit but the officers involved were clearly still as racist as ever. Now considering their beliefs and prejudices, is the information about the suspect accurate and proven through autopsy or police statements. Because we've seen multiple times that police statements can be a work of fiction when they've engaged in criminal activity.

• Like 1

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/city-police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting/#.VyEuR9OOtuQ.twitter

13-Year-Old With Toy Gun Shot By Baltimore Police Officers

A 13-year-old boy is shot by police in Southeast Baltimore.

It happened around 4 p.m. Wednesday at Baltimore and Aisquith streets, near the McKim Community Center.

The police commissioner says a young man was carrying what appeared to be a gun in his hand. It was actually a replica semi-automatic pistol.

When two officers approached the boy, he tried to flee on foot.

An officer then discharged his weapon, striking the young man.

The boy’s mother told police he left home with what she described as a BB gun in his hand.

Edited by visionary

I'm on the side of the detectives in this case. They showed a picture of that gun. Could you tell the difference? I can't. That mother should be ashamed of herself for allowing her 13 year old, after everything that goes on in Baltimore, to go out the house with that on him. 

gun.jpg?w=300&h=208

Now if these detectives shot him in the back than I'm going to change my opinion on this, but so far it looks like they were put in a bad situation. At least this kid is alive though. 

• Like 1

I'm on the side of the detectives in this case. They showed a picture of that gun. Could you tell the difference? I can't. That mother should be ashamed of herself for allowing her 13 year old, after everything that goes on in Baltimore, to go out the house with that on him. 

Now if these detectives shot him in the back than I'm going to change my opinion on this, but so far it looks like they were put in a bad situation. At least this kid is alive though. 

I kind of agree on the one hand, but I'd like more info on just what the kid was doing and the circumstance of them shooting him as he fled. Was he threatening anyone with the gun, did he act like he was going to shoot them?