Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NCAA March Madness

AsburySkinsFan

With MD's first year in the B1G and not having any "rivals" to hate, I guess I'm going to root for an all B1G final. As a Dookie hater and Calapari hater (don't actually hate the Kentucky team) I'd rather see a Wisconsin/MSU final. Why not? Doesn't matter to me this year if one of the fellow B1G teams win. It is great for recruiting. I think Penn State is going to be our biggest football rival and it looks like a combination of Wisconsin/Indiana/MSU will be out BB rivals.

Funny how this was supposed to be a down year for the B1G in the major sports and so far Ohio State not only knocked off the big, bad SEC in Bama, but won the National Championship. Now all this "talk" about how the ACC is so great in BB, the B1G has not one, but TWO teams in the final four. Would be icing on the cake if either Wisconsin or MSU won it all.

With that saying, I'm fully prepared for the BB gods (or NCAA) to have a

UK/Duke final. Not sure who I'd rather win.

After this year I hope that MD will start forming some rivals in the B1G. It's already started with Wisconsin getting Diamond Stone.

Shaka Smart is my boy and he best not leave VCU

Rumor is he is engaged in Talks with Texas to take their position

If he does so he could turn Texas elite mighty fast 

I just don't know why you would go to a football school though. You're nobody there. You're an afterthought. 

SEC is on the verge of potentially hiring 3 big name coaches. Barnes at Tennessee, Howland at Miss St, and Marshall at Alabama. The SEC is a football conference and has always prided themselves on their football strength. Football is highly important to the Southern folk. Basketball is an afterthought. 

You don't want to go there if you're a basketball coach. You want to go to a high profile school that doesn't pride football over everything else. 

But how many big time traditional power programs will have jobs? Coach K ain't leaving Duke anytime soon and they probably have a succession plan in place. Ditto Roy Williams at UNC. Maybe Bill Self gets canned soon at Kansas(they've been underachieving)but more likely they go after Danny Manning to take over.

Texas is a good job. A guy like Shaka Smart can win there. And then maybe in a few years he parlays that to something like the Syracuse job(Beoheim may be forced to retire soon).

Shaka Smart is my boy and he best not leave VCU

Rumor is he is engaged in Talks with Texas to take their position

If he does so he could turn Texas elite mighty fast 

I just don't know why you would go to a football school though. You're nobody there. You're an afterthought. 

SEC is on the verge of potentially hiring 3 big name coaches. Barnes at Tennessee, Howland at Miss St, and Marshall at Alabama. The SEC is a football conference and has always prided themselves on their football strength. Football is highly important to the Southern folk. Basketball is an afterthought. 

You don't want to go there if you're a basketball coach. You want to go to a high profile school that doesn't pride football over everything else. 

Billy Donovan would like to have a word with you

Coach K ain't leaving Duke anytime soon and they probably have a succession plan in place.

He's got a lifetime contract, and I can't even begin to imagine that sideline without him, but he will choose his own successor, for sure. He's got a nice pool of candidates. :D

There are, like, six of those jobs in America. And the coaches at four of those jobs are Coach K, Calipari, Pitino, and Roy Williams. So basically, no one should take any job unless its at Indiana or UCLA or one of those four coaches mentioned die.

Texas is the type of job Smart could leave for. They are a big time school in a big conference. They are football focused, but they also devote lots of money and attention to their other sports. If he feels this is a good fit for him, he should take it with no regrets.

The Alabama job, on the other hand, is not a job Smart or Marshall should leave for. They would be leaving for a worse job at a school that couldn't care less about basketball. If Marshall takes the Alabama job, he would be foolish. He should hold out for the Kentucky job. If it's true that Calapari has the itch for the NBA, then Marshall would probably be at the top of the list for Kentucky.

So I dnop't know why you all want people like Marshall to take the Bama job. Are you aware how big Saban is there? It's football season 24/7. Don't believe me? Listen to Paul Finebaum.  :lol:

RT @BryanDFischer Texas should hire a better search firm if names keep on leaking that they got turned down like this… http://t.co/qZ7WiiBxGw

It's early but Smart isn't on that list. Hopefully everyone leaves him alone. Smart is fine where he is doing what he does with his system. He is not a NBA coach. He doesn't belong in Texas. He belongs in VCU dominating the atlantic 10 

Archived