Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I'm not sure Cooley and Sheehan will work well together. I loved Sheehan's dynamic with Loverro.

They will. Sheehan has adopted Cooley as his son and lives vicariously through his connections to the team.

And now Loverro is on from 5-7 with the guys. Bummer. Let @espnradio980 know.

Every day or occasionally? Loverro on that show used to be fine cuz it was only once or twice a week. I dont object if they're just gonna continue the old format.

Cooley said yesterday that he's started HS Football at Bishop O'Connell. I think as the OC. I think that's the main driver to him moving to the morning. So, he does radio to 11am. Then does whatever he does. Eat 3 Big Macs, takes a nap...and heads to other job. Guessing that will be afternoon practices in the summer and fall. 

• 5 weeks later...

Sad but expected. The ratings were low from what I heard. I'm a loyal little so I'll definitely give the podcast a shot.

I think it was time for Tony to go, his show kinda got more and more away from sports talk as the years have gone by.

Either put Galdi in that slot solo or bring back Al Koken and team him with Loverro.

It was never about the sports. It was about old guy radio.

Smh at people expecting him to spend two hours talking sports. He never did that.

• Like 1

"Is the att&t chick hot"?

Do bears **** in the woods?

Sheehan and Cooley way behind on this one.

She's just cute in the commercials, but they intentionally downplay the hotness and make her more conservative. It wouldnt be a conversation if she were sexed up like in some other pics out there of her out of character.

CkC7OQbUkAAgxRh.jpg

This would be my ideal lineup. Well, realistic ideal lineup. Because if I had my way, the Locker Room wouldn't be on anymore and I'd only keep B Mitchell and Jackson to be part of other shows.

I know a lot of people don't like Czabe. I still do and I think his National Show is good.

• Like 1

It was never about the sports. It was about old guy radio.

Smh at people expecting him to spend two hours talking sports. He never did that.

I think there are two debates...

1) Was his show good? 

2) Did his show belong on a sports station?

980 is positioning itself as an all-day local sports radio station, so it doesn't fit that theme to have an 11-1 block of just TK and his disciples chatting about politics, etc. It very well may play well on some other local station (or as a podcast), but it doesn't belong on one of the two Washington, DC sport stations. We have 4 major sports teams (not to mention some local colleges, other sports teams that get occasional coverage, etc.) so we should be able to fill the air without a non-sports show...especially during the lunch break.