Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alien: Covenant Trailer 1st post

steveo21

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah... It's over. I'm souring on "cinematic universes" anyway. Make your movie or two and dammit be done with it.

This is madness.  Cinematic universes are new and much better than stand alone because they provide depth no stand alone movie ever could to the setting.  They don’t need to be is connected, but I like world building.  Establish the rules of the setting, than make several stories that take place within it that build on the setting.  it would allow for larger mysterious to be presented and resolved patiently without relying on exposition.  

I think fans enjoy recognizing bits in the background to.  It’s just something extra regular movies can’t normally do.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

This is madness.  Cinematic universes are new and much better than stand alone because they provide depth no stand alone movie ever could to the setting.  They don’t need to be is connected, but I like world building.  Establish the rules of the setting, than make several stories that take place within it that build on the setting.  it would allow for larger mysterious to be presented and resolved patiently without relying on exposition.  

I think fans enjoy recognizing bits in the background to.  It’s just something extra regular movies can’t normally do.

MCU seems to be the only one that got it right. Everyone else seems to be playing with themselves. 

I think you need a lockstep group of producers,  directors (multiple ones that instead of doing their own thing, must, in some way, conform to the overall plot course and world building ideals) and actors. Just seems like too much to ask for, which is why there is always so much strife.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Me too. I think that is what hurt Covenant the most, cutting continuity (and audience familiarity) with her character and essentially rebooting again.

If one-offs with each cast is the new thing, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a prequel movie featuring only Engineers that leads to the event of the hologram runners scene. Just something to fill in the cracks and broken logic of Prometheus and Covenant. Something to explain the variety of xenomorphs (like Fifield, the squid, the deacon, the white null from Covenant) and the motivations of the Engineers.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I stand by Prometheus. It wasn’t perfect but it was really enjoyable imo. I wish Covenant had actually continued that story. 

I think it was always logical to learn more about the engineers after seeing that ship scene in the first Alien. We had to go there. It’s just too fascinating not to explore. 

It was so dumb not to do a continuation of the story from Prometheus. "Let's bring up these creators of life then immediately wipe them out and effectively pretend they never existed." I've seen enough Alien films at this point. I was looking forward to them going to find the creators and see what else was out there. Alien Covenant sucked.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I stand by Prometheus. It wasn’t perfect but it was really enjoyable imo. I wish Covenant had actually continued that story. 

I think it was always logical to learn more about the engineers after seeing that ship scene in the first Alien. We had to go there. It’s just too fascinating not to explore. 

I will always support Prometheus as well even with it's fatal flaws. It has the best visuals/atmosphere I've seen (what Ridley excells at) and has one of the best scores ever. Seriously, it is possibly my favorite soundtrack with Shawshank right behind it.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1

Give me "Alien Vs Predator: Earth Hive" or leave me the hell alone.  

This universe is BS for the most part, give me AvP: Requiem on steroids and stop pretending to be nuanced.

@Mr. Sinister is right, the Infinity Saga is not normal, and I'll go further and say huge reason why is the amount of writing material Disney already had to work with.  

Not everything Marvel made in their decades of history was good, but when you only have to make a 1-2 hour movie at a time, you can find enough with the right folks and nearly unlimited budget to not F it up.

It's so obvious they can't actually make their own universe on the fly because of what they did with Star Wars after they bought it, it's like watching a Magikarp that you realize will never turn into a Gyarados, words can't describe how sad those last three movies we're, unreal.

Making a universe from scratch while trying to making it digestible for the short attention spans we have is almost impossible, we made excuses for how Marvel characters we're portrayed because of the amount of material in their history to compare to.

DC is literally the only other universe that could pull that off, but they never will because they refuse to give it over to their animation division, wanting to play catch up.  Everyone wants to play catch up to the perfect storm, missing the point it was the perfect storm.

Back to Xenomorphs, nearly the perfect villain somehow keeps ending up in the hands of folks who either try too hard or try too little.  Remaking the movies is NOT the answer, just another sign of something Holywood has no idea what to do with because of trying to make money instead of just one damn good movie at a time, so keeps f'n it up instead.

Stop trying to explain the universe and just give me my GD monster movie already.

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

It was so dumb not to do a continuation of the story from Prometheus. "Let's bring up these creators of life then immediately wipe them out and effectively pretend they never existed." I've seen enough Alien films at this point. I was looking forward to them going to find the creators and see what else was out there. Alien Covenant sucked.  

I may be misunderstanding your post, but the people wiped out by David in the backstory of Covenant were not the Creators.  They were a humanoid race likely spawned by the Creators, just like the Earth's population as explained in Prometheus.  They were more primitive than humans too - no defense systems whatsoever to guard against David's attack, no signs of any advanced machinery or architecture on the planet (other than the landing pod in the middle of the city which was likely put there by the Creators).  You could tell they worshiped the Creators with the statues in the center of their city and temples, and they all converged when the ship appeared because they thought it was the return of the Creators (as opposed to the humans of Earth, who killed Jesus - long thought to be a "Creator" by many fans of the series who have read the extended scripts - when he arrived).

A lot of fans theorize that in a future sequel, the Creators will find out what happened to the humanoid race wiped out in Covenant, and pursue David in an act of revenge - setting up a battle between the Creators and David's Xenomorph army.

Edited by capcrunch98

11 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

I may be misunderstanding your post, but the people wiped out by David in the backstory of Covenant were not the Creators.  They were a humanoid race likely spawned by the Creators, just like the Earth's population as explained in Prometheus.  They were more primitive than humans too - no defense systems whatsoever to guard against David's attack, no signs of any advanced machinery or architecture on the planet (other than the landing pod in the middle of the city which was likely put there by the Creators).  You could tell they worshiped the Creators with the statues in the center of their city and temples, and they all converged when the ship appeared because they thought it was the return of the Creators (as opposed to the humans of Earth, who killed Jesus - long thought to be a "Creator" by many fans of the series who have read the extended scripts - when he arrived).

A lot of fans theorize that in a future sequel, the Creators will find out what happened to the humanoid race wiped out in Covenant, and pursue David in an act of revenge - setting up a battle between the Creators and David's Xenomorph army.

The giant space dude the crew found in Prometheus is part of the "engineers" that created the human race and was going to wipe out the human race. In Alien Covenant, David destroys the engineers at the city. I'm happy to be wrong though. 

Horrible idea.  I hate these nine movie franchise things or whatever they're called.  If you want world building, download the Zynga app and play Farmville.

All this is, is more product.  Weak ass, watered down, Disney stamped product.  A bunch of stale Big Macs.   

Big piles of **** have small beginnings.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The giant space dude the crew found in Prometheus is part of the "engineers" that created the human race and was going to wipe out the human race. In Alien Covenant, David destroys the engineers at the city. I'm happy to be wrong though. 

The original script (which I haven't read but have heard discussed by many others in articles) makes clear that the race of people killed by David were not the Engineers (which again makes sense considering how primitive they were and how they were not "giant space dudes" but rather more like humans in appearance).  But because this information was inexplicably cut to give viewers the impression of the storyline you describe,  I guess we'll have to wait for the sequel and hope for more clarity.

27 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

The original script (which I haven't read but have heard discussed by many others in articles) makes clear that the race of people killed by David were not the Engineers (which again makes sense considering how primitive they were and how they were not "giant space dudes" but rather more like humans in appearance).  But because this information was inexplicably cut to give viewers the impression of the storyline you describe,  I guess we'll have to wait for the sequel and hope for more clarity.

You might want to google this. It's been made clear that David went and destroyed the Engineers. 

• 2 years later...

Noah Hawley’s FX ‘Alien’ Series Gearing Up For Production This Year – TCA

Noah Hawley’s long awaited Alien series will finally begin shooting this year.

“Noah is currently in production on the fifth season of Fargo but he’s in active preproduction on Alien, he’s written scripts,” said FX Boss John Landgraf providing an update at TCA on the long-in-the-works series.

“I think he’s meeting with his production designer in Austin this weekend, gearing up for production this year after he completes the fifth season of Fargo.”

At last year’s virtual TCA winter tour, Landgraf specified that Hawley’s Alien, “takes place before Ripley. It’s the first story that takes place in the Alien franchise on Earth.”

“It takes place on our planet. Right near the end of this century we’re in — so 70-odd years from now,” added Landgraf then.

“Ripley won’t be a part of it or any of the other characters of Alien other than the alien itself,” the exec said.

Hawley’s Alien series was first announced during the pandemic at the Disney Investor Day in December 2020.

The latest installment of Fargo is set in 2019, and asks the question: when is a kidnapping not a kidnapping, and what if your wife isn’t yours?

The series stars Juno Temple, Jon Hamm, Joe Keery, Lamorne Morris, and Richa Moorjani. David Rysdahl, Sam Spruell, Jessica Pohly, Dave Foley and Nick Gomez.

Alien: Romulus (Series)

Shoot date : February 06, 2023

Edited by FrFan

ALIEN: VAULT OF HEAVEN will be a fan-made 3D animation that take's us back to the time before mankind where two races of ancient beings come to blows as a revolt is born in-between Master and Slave.

It will be an end of an age and the birth of something far more menacing as the cost of freedom is paid, in full.

Regular updates and previews will be posted on Facebook & Instagram. Please subscribe to my Youtube channel as a First-look teaser will be posted soon.

Link

WZGZbsdR482NqdFojumynE3aO2DJdavNjtIB99Kd

Edited by FrFan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

A new Alien film was revealed to be in development in March 2022 and will be directed by Fede Alvarez, who previously directed Don’t Breathe and the Evil Dead remake. The upcoming Alien film will be produced by Ridley Scott and will originally announced for for the Hulu streaming service but in June 2023, it was revealed it will be getting a theatrical release. The working title is Alien: Romulus and began filming March 9th, 2023 in Budapest, Hungary.

Alien: Romulus Development

Director Fede Alvarez pitched his Alien sequel idea to Ridley Scott many years ago who then called him in 2021 and asked if he was still interested in doing it. President Steve Asbell said his pitch was a good story with some interesting characters.

Álvarez’s take is being kept deep inside the studio’s chest cavity, but sources describe it as unconnected to the previous movies.

According to sources, Álvarez is a rabid fan of the franchise and casually pitched a take to Scott many years ago. The idea remained implanted in Scott’s brain until late last year, when he called Álvarez out of the blue and asked him if he was still up for it. Álvarez didn’t have to be asked twice.

20th Century picked up the project “purely off the strength of Fede’s pitch,” said division president Steve Asbell. “It was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven’t seen before.”

Asbell, who recently spoke to THR about the future of 20th Century Studios, said by doing the project for Hulu, there wouldn’t be the pressure to whittle down the potential edginess that could come with theatrical considerations. “It’s not a film that has to be all things to all people with those gargantuan budgets. They get to be authentically what they are. And this is closer to its genre roots.”

Alien: Romulus Casting

Actor Cailee Spaeny was in talks for the lead role in Alien: Romulus and recently posted a piece of H.R. Giger artwork to her Instagram. In March 2023,  Isabela Merced was confirmed to be appearing. Later, Cailee Spaeny, David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn and Aileen Wu were announced as cast members. Phoebe Waller-Bridge remains unconfirmed to be playing one of the movie’s android characters.

Alien: Romulus Storyline

The movie is completely unconnected to the previous Alien films. In March 2023, Variety posted a short synopsis of what we can expect from Alien Romulus.

While the premise for the yet-to-be-titled movie has been kept under wraps, the studio did reveal that the film will follow “a group of young people on a distant world, who find themselves in a confrontation with the most terrifying life form in the universe.”

Alien: Romulus Rumours

Where and when will the upcoming Alien film be set?

Alien: Romulus Production

The Alien sequel will begin filming March 9th. The production is taking place in Budapest, where some shooting is said to be taking place at Origo Studios in Budapest, where several notable recent sci-fi films like Blade Runner 2049, and Dune (2021) and The Martian have also been filmed.

Alien: Romulus Release

After announcing the Alien film was just for the streaming platform Hulu, Disney confirmed in June 2023 that it will in fact be getting a theatrical release. It will be hitting cinemas August 16, 2024.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Rejoice! ALIENS Finally Getting A 4K Release In 2024

Deleted Scene: Burke Cocooned – Long one of the most sought-after lost moments from the entire Alien Anthology, this scene depicting Carter Burke’s fate is now revealed..........................

Alien Romulus: Disney finally confirms the title + everything we know about it (so far)

Edited by FrFan