Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alien: Covenant Trailer 1st post

steveo21

Man...my first reaction is "OMFG!"

But having watched it a few times...ugh.  I dunno.  Hoping for the best, but we'll have to wait and see.  I claim to have liked Prometheus, but deep down inside that movie kinda hurt my feelings.  

As with others here, the trailer looks (and feels) like it's not bringing anything new to the table, except for the back-burster. I'm hoping I'm wrong. I want this franchise to be salvaged, not fall into Terminator purgatory, where the exact same movie has been made four times. For the record, T1 and T2 are probably my favorite films ever. Just saying that the plots are similar.

As with Prometheus, the landscapes and aesthetics look beautiful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youngchew said:

First saw that short-haired gal and was like... "Ripley?"

I mean, if the plan is to nullify Alien3, when are we going to get something like an Earth outbreak similar to AVP-Requiem but on a larger scale?  There was a book series that touched on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, if the plan is to nullify Alien3, when are we going to get something like an Earth outbreak similar to AVP-Requiem but on a larger scale?  There was a book series that touched on this.

The plan, so far anyway, is to have Neill Blomkamp's Alien sequel take place after Aliens with a grown-up Newt. Supposedly Blomkamp and Weaver had a way not to retcon 3 and 4 entirely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Metalhead said:

The plan, so far anyway, is to have Neill Blomkamp's Alien sequel take place after Aliens with a grown-up Newt. Supposedly Blomkamp and Weaver had a way not to retcon 3 and 4 entirely.

How the hell did I totally forget about this?  Thanks for clearing that up.

7 minutes ago, youngchew said:

How the hell did I totally forget about this?  Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah Ridley has pushed Blomkamp to the back burner.

There is some badass concept art that Blomkamp himself released, which includes Newt and Hicks. Just the thought of Hicks being back gets me pumped up!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Yeah Ridley has pushed Blomkamp to the back burner.

There is some badass concept art that Blomkamp himself released, which includes Newt and Hicks. Just the thought of Hicks being back gets me pumped up!

So with Alien 3 never happening, that means Hicks never got face-hugger'd in hypersleep (or did he just flat out die in the crash at the beginning of 3).... and he's still wounded but alive in hypersleep, per the ending of Aliens?  

Erase Alien 3, it's the only way to be sure. ;) 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, youngchew said:

So with Alien 3 never happening, that means Hicks never got face-hugger'd (or did he just flat out die in the crash at the beginning of 3).... and he's still wounded but alive in hypersleep, per the ending of Aliens?  

Erase Alien 3, it's the only way to be sure. ;) 

Yup to everything.

And nice play on words at the end there :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alien: Covenant

• Director: Ridley Scott
  • Cast: Katherine Waterston, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Demian Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Jussie Smollett, Amy Seimetz, Callie Hernandez and Danny McBride
  • Writers: Michael Green, John Logan, Jack Paglen
  •  

"Danny McBride put it a little more directly: "Ridley's going to scare the **** out of you." If nothing else, it'll probably be quite gory, with director Ridley Scott saying he's aiming for a "pretty hard R" rating." :movefast:

Alien: Covenant cast includes Michael Fassbender playing two different droids

Michael Fassbender’s android character David - just a well-spoken head in a bag, last we saw him - returns in Covenant, apparently having picked up a body somewhere along the way. The movie’s official description says the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers “what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world - whose sole inhabitant is the ‘synthetic’ David.”

Fassbender will also be playing  a second synthetic, named Walter, who serves aboard the USCSS Covenant. "I am allowed to say I am playing two robots - Walter and David," Fassbender told the Irish Times newspaper (via @rorysbooks). 

A slide show here

Ripley-esque, don't you think ?

daniels-fights-off-aliens-new-alien-cove

What really happened to the Engineers in Prometheus, something everyone missed!

Alien: Covenant is getting its own VR game An Alien adaptation that actually hugs your face.

I decline any responsibility about Younchew hyperventilation :silly:

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

il-n-est-jamais-bon-de-croiser-des-xenom

The backburster ancestor of the chestburster.

I guess Covenant will have an Alientheus kind of screenplay with lots of flashbacks from the original Alien. The facehugger is back, fear of the dark, terror, the beast lurkin around, and most important Women Rulezzzzzzz :)

Edited by FrFan

• 4 weeks later...