Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alien: Covenant Trailer 1st post

steveo21

Stop the madness. There is no Vasquez. She got vaporized. Besides, once I found out that she was actually the white foster mother of John Connor in T2 who tanned herself and probably watched Westside Story 50 times for the role of Vasquez, I was happy to see her go!

Did you ever consider that, perhaps, she died her hair red, threw a skins bleaching agent on her face, and dotted on some freckles to play the T2 foster mom?  Perhaps the Vasquez look is her real one, sort of like the Joker in the Batman movie from 1989.

she died her hair red, threw a skins bleaching agent on her face, and dotted on some freckles to play the T2 foster mom?   

"What's wrong with Wolfie, why's he crying?"

"Wolfie is fine, dear.  Wolfie is just fine.  Where are you?"

s-l300.jpg

Look, man.  Just like Noomi, all I want to know is where "they" (engineers) come from.  

But unfortunately (I think we've known for a while now), that doesn't sound like what we're going to get 

IMDB has Alien Covenant description as:

"Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers a dark world whose sole inhabitant is David (Michael Fassbender), the synthetic survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

So, sounds like no Engineers. :(

Edited by Chew

Did you ever consider that, perhaps, she died her hair red, threw a skins bleaching agent on her face, and dotted on some freckles to play the T2 foster mom? Perhaps the Vasquez look is her real one, sort of like the Joker in the Batman movie from 1989.

Nah I researched it on imdb after I got curious one day. Its the other way around. T2 is/was closer to her actual look.

She was also in Titanic and played the Irish mother calming her kids as the water was rising in Their cabin. Look closer next time you see the movie.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

She was also in Titanic and played the Irish mother calming her kids as the water was rising in Their cabin.  

Solid catch.  

Dude, CHILL!  Checked her IMDB, she was in Fear & Loathing.  The maid LOL.

fearloathing.jpg

• Like 1

"What's wrong with Wolfie, why's he crying?"

"Wolfie is fine, dear. Wolfie is just fine. Where are you?"

s-l300.jpg

Look, man. Just like Noomi, all I want to know is where "they" (engineers) come from.

But unfortunately (I think we've known for a while now), that doesn't sound like what we're going to get

IMDB has Alien Covenant description as:

"Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers a dark world whose sole inhabitant is David (Michael Fassbender), the synthetic survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

So, sounds like no Engineers. :(

But what is he doing on that planet all by his lonesome...when the last thing he was doing was heading off to look for the engineers?

• Like 1

[Koala Bear]

I'm wondering why Ridley Scott has taken a 180 or at least a 90 degree turn on Prometheus, when he said explicitly before the first movie that this "series" was not going to be about the Aliens, and that it would only exist in the same universe as the Aliens. Said it would go off on its own and more or less have very little to do with those prior movies.  Now he's renamed the damn sequel "Alien: Covenant," has killed off the chick from the last movie that was supposed to have gone planet hunting, and we're apparently going to see Aliens all over the place. Plus he got the other Alien movie shut down because he wanted to do this one first, and it wouldn't make sense to have two Aliens movies out around the same time.

Sounds like someone at the studio got into his head and said "hey, if you want to get funding for this thing, you'd better make it about the Aliens and not about some dumb space jockey things. Ya already did that once and it didn't really work out all that well."

Edited by grhqofb5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alien: Covenant′: Everything We Know (So Far)

The movie will introduce a new set of travelers, there will be more than one Prometheus sequel, Update 6/21/16: Things may have changed in the last few weeks, as Deadline reports that Rapace is in Australia and on the set to shoot weeks worth of scenes in the upcoming movie.  The studio has not confirmed her participation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Aliens are going to be named the neomorphs

"In a recent interview with Mark Goodier on BBC Radio 2, Michael Fassbender accidently let slip the name Neomorph while referring to the Alien from the original film.  Beware following spoilers! Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively confirm that Neomorph is actually the name that the crew working on Alien: Covenant used for a brand new variation of the Alien encountered in the film.

We’ve also got some additional details about the Neomorphs for you! These Aliens are the result of the local ecosystem being mutated by the accelerant/black goo. Over time, pods started to grow on the trees and the ground, and release a spore when disturbed.

These spores infect several members of the Covenant crew by entering the body through the ear and nostrils. The spores cause the growth of the Neomorphs inside the infected hosts – something that is reminiscent of William Gibson’s first draft of Alien 3. One of the Neomorphs bursts from the back of one of the infected crew, a backburster. The other crewmember’s Neomorph erupts through their throat.

The births are preceded by the eruption of two small dorsal spikes. These spikes and a pointed skull are also used to break out of an embryonic sack (similar to the Deacon in Prometheus). The Neomorph resembles some of the older concept art of the proto-Aliens from Prometheus (see below), specifically the white colouration, with a pointed head and two dorsal spines. Upon birth, the Neomorphs move on all fours similar to the Bambi-burster from Alien 3.

When they mature, they grow significantly larger and walk on their back legs. They were more animal-like in behaviour with fang-like teeth. Unlike the earlier Prometheus concepts, the Neomorphs also have tails. In addition, the adult Neomorphs also developed a slightly translucent appearance (harkening back to unused concepts from Alien and Prometheus) as previously rumored."

alien-covenant-neomorph.jpg

Alien-Covenant-YouTube-Fresh-Movie-Trail

Alien-Covenant-eggs.jpg?2903a4

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2016 at 6:24 PM, Gamebreaker said:

That is such a disappointment. I loved her character in Aliens. Thought she was really Hispanic. Damn Hollywood white washing!!!!!

White washing?  Giancarlo Esposito and Lou Diamond Phillips come immediately to mind.  Hollywood is aware that Hispanics are a culture and can be any race... and so they cast just about anyone to play Hispanics.   

1 hour ago, Destino said:

White washing?  Giancarlo Esposito and Lou Diamond Phillips come immediately to mind.  Hollywood is aware that Hispanics are a culture and can be any race... and so they cast just about anyone to play Hispanics.   

Think about how long it's been since Aliens was filmed. They weren't casting just about anybody at that time. Granted, Jeanette Goldstein knocked it out to park with her portrayal. But you gotta admit this was a real life version of Robert Downey Jr's character in Tropic Thunder. 

On November 2, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Think about how long it's been since Aliens was filmed. They weren't casting just about anybody at that time. Granted, Jeanette Goldstein knocked it out to park with her portrayal. But you gotta admit this was a real life version of Robert Downey Jr's character in Tropic Thunder. 

Aliens came out in 1986.  La Bamba (1987) starred Filipino Lou Diamond Phillips as Chicano rock star Ritchie Valenz.  He then enjoyed a role as a stereotype in Stand and Deliver (1988).  He plays a Native American now on Longmire.  lol

I'm not saying white washing doesn't exist, I'm saying Hispanic roles have been pretty much open to anyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alien Covenant 

New release date is MAY 19

Great sign its been moved up.  Know a couple of guys on the effects team saying its going to make people happy. Plus it has been testing great at FOX

23112016_01.jpg

Edited by steveo21
  • Like 1