Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alien: Covenant Trailer 1st post

steveo21

I was just going to say something similar.

And Covenant? I'm ok with that as long as Master Chief is involved.

We are in agreement. The Xenos can fill in for the elites or as a new threat Chief has to stomp out

So now the new Prometheus movie is called "Alien" but the Alien movie is on hold? But in the new Prometheus movie we're gonna find out about the aliens? Sounds like we just combined the two movies. Ok by me. Is Charles S. Dutton signed on yet?

They will go back and show the origin of Alien and once that is fleshed out in a new Prometheus movie which is now called Alien, we will then go back and get a sequel to the Alien franchise in Alien 5 or whatever it ends up being.

Honestly I'm upset this seems less and less like a Prometheus sequel to the Engineer story and more of a shoehorned Alien origin.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

• 4 months later...

Legit goosebumps.  My god, Ridley.  just get this crap filmed and edited as soon as possible, so you can shove it down my face.  

"I want to know where they came from" - Noomi

Aliens  :wub:

Unfortunately she won't be back for Covenant

"Given that 'Alien' is back in the title, will the new film be a continuation of 2012'sPrometheus or something different?

"Because there's an end result being the original Alien, it has to connect. People can expect similar things to happen, it is an Alien franchise [film]. It does translate. Obviously it's a completely different cast - Noomi isn't in it. I think it goes from the first to second one pretty fluidly".

Unfortunately, he confirms Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw will not be in Alien: Covenant, despite early theories that she may have been given a smaller part in the film, rather than neglected entirely."

20th Century Fox have announced that Alien Covenant will be released in cinemas on August 4, 2017 which is two months earlier than previously reported! The news comes from BoxOffice.com, a portal which often posts exclusive movie information.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Bummed about Rapace, I love her. Oh well. I'll still see this movie in theaters twice.

From the sounds of it, the sequel will follow the xeno story, and not so much Shaw's journey to find the Engineer'so home planet. :( at least Fassbender is back. I love Billy Crudup, wouldn't be surprised if he plays a bad guy lol. Danny McBride, wtf?! I'm stoked.

I seem to be one of the few Alien fans that enjoyed Prometheus, and I'm looking forward to Covenant. I trust Ridley to get this thing right.

Agreed, Sin.

Edited by Chew

I seem to be one of the few Alien fans that enjoyed Prometheus, and I'm looking forward to Covenant. I trust Ridley to get this thing right.

Agreed, Sin.

Prometheus is the only movie that I truly have a love/hate relationship with.

I absolutely love the cast, the cinematography, the atmosphere, the texture, the score (all phenomenal).

I hate the characters acting opposite of their respective training and professions, while making idiotic decisions and illogical contradictions along the way.

Ugh, the angst!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I do, as a matter of fact!  Starts at 7:00 PM tonight!  wife wasn't interested, so I'm rolling solo LOL.  Alamo Drafthouse, of course ;)

Do you, Stevie?  

Thanks for the heads up, btw.

Sure am! Actually getting ready to leave now. Should be a fun night!

Hopefully they have that cool collector shirt from Mondo for you?

No problem!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Fassbender on ‘Alien: Covenant’s Mix of “High-End Technology and Primitive Elements”

“There are going to be great sets and aliens coming out of people.”

“The sets are fantastic. Again, the most impressive sets I’ve seen since ‘Prometheus,’ which was the original setting. It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements. The way that I can explain it is the same way that Ridley did ‘Blade Runner.’”

Neill Blomkamp’s ‘Alien’ Sequel Would Include a 27-Year-Old Newt

newt.jpg?itok=6vf65qtG

I want Hudson & Vasquez back !

Edited by FrFan

Yeah, I was wondering how they'd pull the story part of that off....

But "you're saying there's a chance?" is enough for me.  

#Alienmaniacs #theymostlycomeoutatnightmostly #everybodylovesaliensbuttheydontlivealiens

Edited by Chew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What in the **** is going on with this movie? Its seems like every week, someone's supposed to be in it, but killed off off screen, died in a previous installment and brought back, or vice versa, or the very fabric of reality warped altogether.

Stop the madness. There is no Vasquez. She got vaporized. Besides, once I found out that she was actually the white foster mother of John Connor in T2 who tanned herself and probably watched Westside Story 50 times for the role of Vasquez, I was happy to see her go!

• Like 2

Stop the madness. There is no Vasquez. She got vaporized. Besides, once I found out that she was actually the white foster mother of John Connor in T2 who tanned herself and probably watched Westside Story 50 times for the role of Vasquez, I was happy to see her go!

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

I know that every movie should try to keep a tight storyline, not have too many subplots, etc. But for this one, I was really hoping the writers could sneak in a time travel scene so the aliens can go back to 2016 and kill all of the characters from Independence Day Resurgence. And that weird metal sphere that is clearly a rip off of Veeger from Star Trek I.

• Like 1