Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alien: Covenant Trailer 1st post

steveo21

The only two good "Alien" films were the first two.

"Alien 3" was dreadful. It took the ending to Cameron's "Aliens" and pissed all over it.

"Alien: Resurrection" was just stupid. It looked like it wanted to try and fix things from the disaster known as "Alien 3", but it was dumb.

Hopefully, "Alien 5" (as it is now called, but I don't think that will stay its name) will have Hicks and Newt as themselves, (not as some clones) and "Alien 3" and "Alien: Resurrection" are treated like they never happened.

That's what I want anyway. :)

• Like 1

"Alien 3" was dreadful. It took the ending to Cameron's "Aliens" and pissed all over it.

Common complaint. I get it but honestly couldn't give two ****s about Newt or Hicks characters.

I'd hate to know what you guys think of the movie Renny Harlin did instead o Alien 3....

Edited by clietas

I kinda liked Alien 3...

Also, I bet Boomklamp ****s all over an Alien 5.

District 9 was cool, and I haven't seen Chappie yet, but he seems like the kind of director that uses a sci-fi film to make a political statement.

I'd love a Danny Boyle Alien movie but he isn't into reboots from what I'd assume.

Edited by SpringfieldSkins

Common complaint. I get it but honestly couldn't give two ****s about Newt or Hicks characters.

I'd hate to know what you guys think of the movie Renny Harlin did instead o Alien 3....

It's not just about those two characters. It's about screwing up the ending of a far superior film ("Aliens"), just because they could.

Of course, there is more than just that mess that makes "Alien 3" so bad. The thing is, if you read about how they came around deciding to go in the direction they did in "Alien 3", it had disaster written all over it, but they evidently couldn't or wouldn't see it.

As to your question, well, I'm not much of a Renny Harlin film follower. :) You'll have to be more specific.

I kinda liked Alien 3...

District 9 was cool, and I haven't seen Chappie yet, but he seems like the kind of director that uses a sci-fi film to make a political statement.

I'd love a Danny Boyle Alien movie but he isn't into reboots from what I'd assume.

I'm not a huge fan of Sci Fi movies making obvious political statements. I want to be entertained not have an agenda shoved down my throat..

And if they try and reboot Aliens....**** them.

STOP TRYING TO REBOOT A GREAT MOVIE!!!

red dawn reboot....SUCKS

Nightmare on Elm street reboot...SUCKS

It worked with Star Trek...and that wasn't really a reboot. That was a "pre" movie that started an alternate time line.

so just to make my point clear...

NO MORE ****ING REBOOTS OF CLASSIC MOVIES

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

I kinda liked Alien 3...

Blomkamp's films are completely isolated, as in he has had total control throughout (writing, directing, casting). The writing has been his weakness as he didn't have an outside source to critique his work on his "commentary" trilogy (think George Lucas and the Star Wars prequels). He had the right ideas for Elysium and Chappie but his scripts needed a final tuning. And even with Blomkamp's missteps in narrative, he is still at the top of modern sci-fi films...the only other person at his level is Rian Johnson.

With a studio franchise, he will now have access to experienced writers to fine-tune his draft to make it smoother and cohesive.

Alien 5 is in very good hands..and much better hands than the crews that handled 3 and 4 at that.

Edited by Metalhead

Alien was a masterpiece, I like Scott's focusing on human deepest human fears, the monsters, the dark, terror.

What I liked a lot in Aliens by Cameron is the screenplay. The movie is very macho and violent, nevertheless all the leading characters are women (Ripley, Newt, the Queen).

Alien 3 was disapointing in terms of screenplay but a beauty in terms of shooting (Fincher's forte).

Alien Resurrection was original, exploring cloning and driving us into the darkness of an against the nature relationship (Ripley / Alien).

"Every time I changed an action scene, Sigourney called me "My hero."" Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

23-Minute 1979 'Alien' Interviews w/ Ridley Scott, H.R. Giger, Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdL2mwruTqY#t=11

The Alien Saga

Edited by FrFan

Screenplay suggetions:

1)The Sulaco is wandering in space for twenty years. The alarme went off, there is a fire, the flames are surrounding the hyper-sleep capsules of Ripley, Bishop, Hicks and Newt. A rescue ship from Weyland recovers them.

Newt has become a woman, Bishop is down, Hicks is disfigured because of lack of care from his burns. Ripley is now 67.

When they awoke, Ripley tells them his permanent and terrible nightmares, plain, which happened in Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

The Company torture the trio, asking only one thing: LV-426 coordinates. They escape, but they are not alone.....

2) Alien 4 Deleted Scene and Alien 5 Beginning

3) Alien 5 Eternity

The all story google translated

Off topic Aliens vs Predator Redemption

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nYj8pI94z9c#t=61

Edited by FrFan

As to your question, well, I'm not much of a Renny Harlin film follower. :) You'll have to be more specific.

No reason you should be. After leaving A3 he directed what many consider to be one of the biggest pieces of **** ever made. The Adventures of Ford Fairlane. Good movie IMO. That same year he also directed Die Hard 2. So who knows how A3 would have turned out honestly. Maybe better, maybe much, much worse. But Harlins resume is not so impressive...

Alien was supposed to be more of a horror flick than sci-fi.

To me at least.

Then Aliens was made to be a cross between the genres.

I always have considered Alien just horror as well.  It was the first horror movie I saw (I was 6 yo), watched it with my dad.  I know it is technically labeled a sci-fi/horror, but I think you are spot on.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

He didn't clearly died in the lab, we just supposed he did. I understand he could manage to escape from the alien hug, but surviving a nuclear blast ?!! :ph34r::)

Maybe there's a lead refrigerator around somewhere  :P

Seriously I would love for Hudson to come back, then first time he runs into an alien, he points his gun at it and says 

"Game on!"

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

So I went back and watched the Alien 3 Assembly Cut last night, hoping to find a way or guess how they could have Ripley and Hicks still be alive. No dice, no idea how it could be pulled off and still keep 3 and Resurrection. Alien 3 burned all those bridges (quite literally with the cremations).

The only things I can figure are either cram a film within the Sulaco escape pod time period or have them all be clones.

If they go the escape pod route, perhaps the pod got captured by Weyland, genetic mayhem and clone-shenanigans ensue, and ultimately it's clones that escape back to the pod, crashing on Fiorina.

Edited by Metalhead

So I went back and watched the Alien 3 Assembly Cut last night, hoping to find a way or guess how they could have Ripley and Hicks still be alive. No dice, no idea how it could be pulled off and still keep 3 and Resurrection. Alien 3 burned all those bridges (quite literally with the cremations).

The only things I can figure are either cram a film within the Sulaco escape pod time period or have them all be clones.

If they go the escape pod route, perhaps the pod got captured by Weyland, genetic mayhem and clone-shenanigans ensue, and ultimately it's clones that escape back to the pod, crashing on Fiorina.

I never played it as it was supposed to be pretty much a broken game, but this how the apparently Aliens: Colonial Marines handled bringing back Hicks.

https://youtu.be/mquByeLRYNM

I never played it as it was supposed to be pretty much a broken game, but this how the apparently Aliens: Colonial Marines handled bringing back Hicks.

https://youtu.be/mquByeLRYNM

I remember people being unhappy with the gameplay and storyline, so I looked up the timeline and events of the game (I never played it).

Apparently in the game, Weyland-Yutani discovers and illegally boards the Sulaco, waking up Hicks and inadvertantly activating the escape pod. It looks like my little screenplay idea still has a chance ;)

• Like 1

I remember people being unhappy with the gameplay and storyline, so I looked up the timeline and events of the game (I never played it).

Apparently in the game, Weyland-Yutani discovers and illegally boards the Sulaco, waking up Hicks and inadvertantly activating the escape pod. It looks like my little screenplay idea still has a chance ;)

And for some reason Fox came out before release and said the game would be canon.