Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alien: Covenant Trailer 1st post

steveo21

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Covenant killed this franchise.  It’s hilariously awful.

Should have just been a true Prometheus sequel. I was interested in the Engineers and the question of Gods/Creators but then they just murdered them all in 30 seconds.ugh

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Should have just been a true Prometheus sequel. I wasn interested in the Engineers and the question of Gods/Creators but then they just murdered them all in 30 seconds.ugh

And the flute scene?!?  

One of the stupidest films of all time.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Covenant killed this franchise.  It’s hilariously awful.

Scott's agnosticism has been all over the place, he needs to move on.

“I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over”, he said.  “But what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by AI’s. The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one”.

Not even sure about this screenplay.

https://theuumlaut.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/defending-the-flute-scene-in-alien-covenant/

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Image result for this one time at band camp animated gif

I see you remember when David said to Walter “Watch me, I’ll do the fingering,” :silly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Alien 3 killed the franchise.  It's never recovered.  And that was 25 years ago.

I must be one of the few people that like AvP: Requiem since I keep hearing the franchise died at some point but this movie never comes up.  It's absolute boss mode, should be blueprint for future Alien movies.  

At this point, they need an Earth Hive movie, stop playing around and go hard already.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I enjoyed Prometheus quite a bit and was intrigued by the questions of the “gods” and was looking forward to the sequel. Then they just decided to have David genicide all them and make an Alien ripoff instead. Ugh. 

Right.  The original concept of the movie was more about exploring the galaxy and trying to discover the origins of mankind/earth/etc etc....and as a bi-product they would cross paths with the origin of the Xenomorph too.   It was supposed to be a very loose connection.  Instead, it turned into basically following the same plot as Alien and then for those who still needed to be hand held through the process, look a Xenomorph to close out the movie!

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

BREAKING: Disney announce 2022 release date and plot synopsis for untitled new Alien film!

Disney have announced via their official website that a new Alien film is currently in production and is slated for an April 1st, 2022 release date. The title for the new film is currently unknown but sources speculate the film will deviate from the established Prometheus lore created by Ridley Scott and venture into deeper space - uncovering new mysteries surrounding the universe's Xenomorph infestation..............

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

BREAKING: Disney announce 2022 release date and plot synopsis for untitled new Alien film!

Disney have announced via their official website that a new Alien film is currently in production and is slated for an April 1st, 2022 release date. The title for the new film is currently unknown but sources speculate the film will deviate from the established Prometheus lore created by Ridley Scott and venture into deeper space - uncovering new mysteries surrounding the universe's Xenomorph infestation..............

That's an April Fool's article, says it about halfway down.

In it's current state, the franchise is a dead, derelict space craft. Ridley has wrecked his own story in two consecutive films, which is crazy. Fresh bodies (and minds) are desperately needed.

I can only think of a handful of directors/producers/showrunners that may have the talent, interest, passion, or dedication to pull off a resurrection.

Some personal, reach-for-the-stars picks:

Danny Boyle

Neill Blomkamp

David Twohy (amazing lore and world-building)

Denis Villeneuve (slow-burn, like Isolation?)

Alfonso Cauron

• Like 1