Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Did anyone collect comics when they were young?

I looked up the value of some of my old comics. All those awesome gotta have "Image" comics are worth less now than they were 25 years ago.

WTF

Same as my hockey card collection. Guy Lafleur rookie card, etc worth the same now as it was 30 years ago.

I have some of the early 90's Ron Lim Silver Surfer / Infinity Gauntlet story arc. Not mint though. Also found a Predator vs. Batman comic recently in a box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Did anyone collect comics when they were young?

I looked up the value of some of my old comics. All those awesome gotta have "Image" comics are worth less now than they were 25 years ago.

WTF

Same as my hockey card collection. Guy Lafleur rookie card, etc worth the same now as it was 30 years ago.

My parents still have a storage unit with my and my brother's entire comic book collection from the mid-late 80s, in the plastic with the backing boards and the whole bit.  There's only a few that might actually be worth anything though.  

9 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm digging the suit.  The only costume I really didnt like in the MCU was Cap's first Avengers one.  That bright, spandex looking thing with the hoodie helmet.  Awful.  

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I actually didnt hate Iron Fist season 1. All the issues were well documented and I agreed with most of them, but I still found enough in it to not hate it.  Which is damning with faint praise, I know.

I found myself irritated by Danny Rand (and the actor), but then it dawned on me that, to some extent, I was supposed to feel that way.  Found I liked him more in the Defensers and then even more in the second Luke Cage.  Essentially, his character has evolved, and I think that can be a bit tricky to pull off in this type of show.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Yeah, kinda tough to kill off half the population of Earth and just keep making movies that don't mention it. 

We'll I haven't seen Ant Man 2 yet, but I'd assume that it takes place prior, so that in the end credits, Stark or Cap calls them for help in round 2.

But yeah, as for the shows, imo, it would be a hard sell for me if they neglect to mention it, since they let us know pretty much from the jump with DD that they all exist within the same universe (still waiting for a cameo from either side), like Kingpin/The Hand benefitting from the destruction by Thanos' army, and Luke Cage being targeted with weapons made by Justin Hammer.

They've always done just enough to mention it without making it tower over their own plotlines. We'll see, I guess.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We'll I haven't seen Ant Man 2 yet, but I'd assume that it takes place prior, so that in the end credits, Stark or Cap calls them for help in round 2.

Spoiler

The deaths happen in the last after-credit scene. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I found myself irritated by Danny Rand (and the actor), but then it dawned on me that, to some extent, I was supposed to feel that way.  Found I liked him more in the Defensers and then even more in the second Luke Cage.  Essentially, his character has evolved, and I think that can be a bit tricky to pull off in this type of show.  

From what I gather, the whole first season was rushed so bad, it was obvious on screen.  The actor complained upfront that he didnt have enough time to train and was learning fight choreography right before the scenes.  

I think with Defenders and Season 2, it's just showing what proper preparation woulda looked like. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But yeah, as for the shows, imo, it would be a hard sell for me if they neglect to mention it, since they let us know pretty much from the jump with DD that they all exist within the same universe (still waiting for a cameo from either side), like Kingpin/The Hand benefitting from the destruction by Thanos' army, and Luke Cage being targeted with weapons made by Justin Hammer.

They've always done just enough to mention it without making it tower over their own plotlines. We'll see, I guess.

I almost dont think they can/should mention it, at least until it's resolved after Avengers 4.  Because how could you have the shows be about anything other than the aftermath of the snap?  Half the characters would be gone, it'd be a mess.  

But these Netflix shows dont typically take place over long stretches of time.  So they could fit in multiple seasons that really could be at any time pre-Infinity War.  

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I almost dont think they can/should mention it, at least until it's resolved after Avengers 4.  Because how could you have the shows be about anything other than the aftermath of the snap?  Half the characters would be gone, it'd be a mess.  

But these Netflix shows dont typically take place over long stretches of time.  So they could fit in multiple seasons that really could be at any time pre-Infinity War.  

Good point. I also didnt know Finn Jones basically winged it in in Iron Fist S1's fight scenes. Seemed better in Defenders and Luke Cage S2, though he still does not look like someone worthy of playing the character. I mean, immersion is nice, but stuntman need to make a living too.

Kinda think Marvel dropped the ball on that one, not giving it to a true martial artist

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Good point. I also didnt know Finn Jones basically winged it in in Iron Fist S1's fight scenes. Seemed better in Defenders and Luke Cage S2, though he still does not look like someone worthy of playing the character. I mean, immersion is nice, but stuntman need to make a living too.

Kinda think Marvel dropped the ball on that one, not giving it to a true martial artist

The difference is in Daredevil, he's wearing a mask (and the fights are mostly in the dark), so it's easier to just sub in a martial artist stunt double for the fight scenes.  Iron Fist didnt have that luxury.  So you got a sketchy actor, who doesn't know martial arts, and he's gotta be in all the scenes.