Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

9 minutes ago, JCB said:

Sausage and Gorgonzola pizza from our local. 

We have a spinach & gorgonzola salad at work...comes with craisins, walnuts, red onions and our homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It's just the best combination of flavors, and my salad guy hated me when the dining room was open & I was doing my sales thang. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I jumped out of my boat and peed in front of Paula Deens house in the river.

🍻those were the days🍻

This is Savannah.

But seriously, I don’t eat a lot of red meat.  I do one maybe two hamburgers a month and I haven’t had a hot dog since last 4th probably.

Today?

2 burgers

2 dogs

Some Honeybaked Ham

Mac and cheese.

A cob straight off the grill.

5 Mich Ultras

Absolute domination on cornhole.

Yee-Haw!

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Indeed. You should see where we lived...a hole in the roof of the literal shack...but I could see my 19-ft Bayliner in the water from my living room window. 

Location, location, location. 

We should grab some shrimp and grits in 2021.  I know a really good spot downtown.

• Like 1

Made chicken bombs today (boneless, skinless chicken thighs filled with jalapenos stuffed with an herbed cream cheese/goat cheese mixture; then the whole thing is wrapped with bacon, slow cooked in a smoker and glazed (I used a BBQ/soy glaze) to finish.  This was the first time I'd made these.  Brilliant!

Prep:

cO6e1cO.jpg

Ready for cooking:

BLQl8i3.jpg

Finished product:

UQED4TE.jpg?1

• Like 9

Sounds awesome!

I was not in the mood to do much cooking today but still wanted to celebrate, so I browned up some ground beef, seasoned it with southwest flavors, and combined with some black beans from the fridge for some good nachos.

• Like 5

I was in Publix (Richmond) late last week & decided to take advantage of the BOGO impossible Burger sale ($5.49 for 2 packs - 2 burgers each). I've had the Impossible Burger at Burger King and liked it - the price was a bit high. Cooked them on the grill tonight, ate it on a bun with ketchup, pickles & tomato. Tasted pretty much like a burger - wife disagreed (go figure). I would only repurchase at the BOGO price - 4 burgers for $5.49 is a pretty good deal - 2 at the same price not so much. Cooked them 4 minutes per side to a temp of ~168 degrees. Pretty damn tasty. 

Oh...any RVA peeps near a Publix: They have STL ribs on sale for $2.49/lb through Tuesday (I think). I picked up 4 slabs for <$7/slab (made my wife go to grab 2 as they had a limit 2/person). 

Broke out the old hand me down Traeger this morning, cleaned out the firebox, to give it one last run before I let it go.  The last few times I used it, it was burning too hot and/or way too low.  Just needed some elbow grease I guess because it held temp pretty well.  Smoked a 4 lb brisket flat I got from Aldi a few weeks ago on special.  At 250, floating between 235and 260 throughout, took about 5 hours.  Wrapped it at 165, with some beef broth, bbq sauce and seasonings.  Letting it rest now but it’s hard to resist cutting into.  

• Like 2